05-27-2015, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 10:52 PM by Ibn Yahya. Edit Reason: Validity period ended )
This tweak has been active for months now and is still very functional.
All you need is an android phone or any other phone that allows you configure APN settings manually and has the ability to share its network (hotspot).
To subscribe for Etisalat BIS complete (3GB data for 30 days) at N1000, see this list https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-83.html or dial *200# and follow the on-screen procedure. This is safer because the subscription code sometimes changes, but the SIM menu codes remain up to date. Remember to switch off Data transmission before loading credit.
Disable Data auto renewal by dialing *229*0# before you recharge.
If you exhaust your 3GB data before the end of 30 days, dial *200# and follow the on-screen menu to Opt Out first before attempting to renew. This is because the systems are set to automatically renew your subscription at the end of 30 days and would not allow you make a new one before the period is expired.
1. On your Android, Go to Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Etisalat NG (Android 2 users might have it slightly different).
2. Press the Options button and select New APN
NB: Some devices do not give this option. Simply select the default ETISALAT WAP and
3. Enter the following:
NAME: Etisalat NG
PROXY ADDR: 10.71.170.5
4. Press the Options button and SAVE.
5. Select this new APN as default.
6. Browse freestyle on your device.
1. Press the Windows Key on your keyboard, then type Internet Options and select it.
Windows 7 users will see it in the Start Menu, while Windows 8 users will find it on the Start
Screen under Settings, and Windows 8.1 users will see it on the Start Screen as well.
2. In the window that pops up, select the Connections tab.
3. Then select LAN Settings. Another window should pop up.
4. In the LAN Settings window, Tick the check box under Proxy server that reads
"Use a proxy server for your LAN" then enter 10.71.170.5 under Address and 8080
under Port. Click OK on all open windows to save settings.
5. On your Android device, switch on your data transmission and switch on your
6. Make sure your computer's WiFi is turned on then connect and Enjoy!
NB: To protect your data from being used without your permission, add a security
password or better still, limit the number of Maximum Connections to 1.
You may find that your Whatsapp doesn't connect. That's because Whatsapp has not started allowing proxy connections. This is what you should do.
1. Go to Playstore and download SurfEasy
2. Launch the application and get registered.
3. Click Options and press Turn ON. On the pop-up that follows, Accept and OK.
4. It should start connecting. When a secure connection is established (only takes
a few seconds), minimize the application and open Whatsapp.
5. To download Whatsapp media (pictures, videos and audios) through this connection, temporarily disconnect SurfEasy.
You can alternatively use any of these premium VPN apps in place of SurfEasy
Droid VPN Premium (requires root for optimal performance): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4jHtK...21tTWNZUjg
Jail Break VPN Premium: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4jHtK...20zeXlfOW8
NB: Please note that Etisalat has discontinued its BlackBerry services as at November/December 2016. Hence there's no longer such thing as a 3GB BB subscrption, just normal raw data.