Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Realme Strange Thing
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Realme Strange Thing

Realme Strange Thing

HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
17-12-2020, 04:32 PM

Hi, I have a Realme C12(RMX2189) having Android 10 with locked bootloader.

The strange thing in Realme devices is, when we boot to recovery we can access adb commands and when we issue adb root, then we can get temporary root access with pull, shell commands.
May be it is because of
Code:

ro.debuggable=1
ro.secure=0
ro.adb.secure=0
are set in recovery.

I think we can't do anything except partition dumps.

What are your ideas about this?
Please share.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
18-12-2020, 06:02 AM
(17-12-2020, 04:32 PM)HemanthJabalpuri Hi, I have a Realme C12(RMX2189) having Android 10 with locked bootloader.

The strange thing in Realme devices is, when we boot to recovery we can access adb commands and when we issue adb root, then we can get temporary root access with pull, shell commands.
May be it is because of
Code:

ro.debuggable=1
ro.secure=0
ro.adb.secure=0
are set in recovery.

I think we can't do anything except partition dumps.

What are your ideas about this?
Please share.

Yes, adb would be enabled with this but can't say how much you can do with the temp root.
Unless you have a sure way to flash the firmware, I suggest you not attempt making any edits using the temp root until you've been able to unlock bootloader
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
18-12-2020, 06:15 AM
(18-12-2020, 06:02 AM)maxpayne Yes, adb would be enabled with this but can't say how much you can do with the temp root.
Unless you have a sure way to flash the firmware, I suggest you not attempt making any edits using the temp root until you've been able to unlock bootloader
I am doing nothing with this ability. I want to know others opinions for possibility of unlocking bootloader, permanent rooting etc with this ability.

The only way I can flash firmware is through stock recovery.
If I can't able to go to recovery, then service centre is only way.

Thanks
immortal_jerk
immortal_jerk
immortal_jerk
Techie Member
22-01-2021, 08:12 AM
(18-12-2020, 06:15 AM)HemanthJabalpuri I am doing nothing with this ability. I want to know others opinions for possibility of unlocking bootloader, permanent rooting etc with this ability.

The only way I can flash firmware is through stock recovery.
If I can't able to go to recovery, then service centre is only way.

Thanks

Did you find a way to unlock the bootloader of this phone? I'm sure Realme will give bootloader unlock support.. but when?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-01-2021, 01:07 PM

(22-01-2021, 08:12 AM)immortal_jerk Did you find a way to unlock the bootloader of this phone? I'm sure Realme will give bootloader unlock support.. but when?

look for realme deep testing apk, you can get more info of this on realme website
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
22-01-2021, 02:02 PM
Hello friend,

Most of Realme devices now do not have unlock options. I had X50 5G with model no. RMX2025 and RMX2144 but could not unlock.
There is unlock tool by Realme called Deep Testing app for X50 5G. But this app only support only one model no. RMX2059.
So I sold all of my Realme devices and will never buy any Realme devices until Realme will have their devices unlockable again.
Just like Huawei that remove unlock options from all of their devices since 2018.

Here is the link for unlock Realme C12:
https://myphoneupdate.com/unlock-bootloader-realme-c12/

Hope this helps,
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
27-01-2021, 11:41 AM
(22-01-2021, 02:02 PM)siamese007 Hello friend,

Most of Realme devices now do not have unlock options. I had X50 5G with model no. RMX2025 and RMX2144 but could not unlock.
There is unlock tool by Realme called Deep Testing app for X50 5G. But this app only support only one model no. RMX2059.
So I sold all of my Realme devices and will never buy any Realme devices until Realme will have their devices unlockable again.
Just like Huawei that remove unlock options from all of their devices since 2018.

Here is the link for unlock Realme C12:
https://myphoneupdate.com/unlock-bootloader-realme-c12/

Hope this helps,
Thanks for posting.

My realme C12 does not has bootloader unlock support. The link you given is not working on C12. I have tried all the available apps that realme give for different devices. But nothing works.

I also made a post on this at https://c.realme.com/in/post-details/134...0778932224 which gives you more details.

You can also other device apps in your X50 pro 5G.

Thanks