Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Solved]SC9863A Hard Bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Solved]SC9863A Hard Bricked

[Solved]SC9863A Hard Bricked

Eckñe
Eckñe
Eckñe
12-01-2021, 12:06 AM

TL;DR. I "flash" the wrong boot.img in my device, now is hard bricked.

Device: ZTE Blade A7 2019
Unisoc: SC9863A
Android OS: Pie 9

(Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my native language)

A few days ago I tried to make a full backup to my device since there was no adequate firmware for my build number (CLA_GT_A7_2019) I searched a bit and found one for my mobile (ATT_MX_A7_2019), I installed the drivers correctly and I downloaded several versions of ResearchDownload and started with the read flash. My attempts always stopped at the moment when the partition 'sploader' comes, with the 'input timeout' error.
After several tries and a possible error, I accidentally flashed the wrong firmware.

Fearing the worst, I turned on the phone and to my surprise the device worked without problems.
I tried to flash this firmware again to "not have problems in the future" and surprise, the phone bricks. Hangs on the logo and constantly reboots. Tries and tries and the phone negates to boot up.

In my desperation, I looked through my ReadFlash's folders and noticed that the boot.img of my original build ROM was there ...

I closed Research, opened it, reloaded the .pac, went to the folder where the .pac loaded and put my boot.img in there, went back to Research to uncheck the sploader partition and try to flash. I hit the button and the process started. The progress bar stucked on the boot.img partition, later, the program showed 'input timeout' error.

I disconnected my phone and this is where we are ... it doesn't turn on, it doesn't respond, there are no signs of life. But the PC detects it as an unknown USB device.

Suggestions?

I already followed the forum guide to revive SPD hard bricked devices and as of today, 3 days of charging there are no signs of life. I know I made several mistakes in this whole process. I do not know what to do.

I would really appreciate if you help me. Thanks in advance.
This post was last modified: 19-01-2021, 04:22 AM by Eckñe.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-01-2021, 11:08 AM
(12-01-2021, 12:06 AM)Eckñe ...Suggestions?

I already followed the forum guide to revive SPD hard bricked devices and as of today, 3 days of charging there are no signs of life. I know I made several mistakes in this whole process. I do not know what to do.

I would really appreciate if you help me. Thanks in advance.

you could either try
1. disconnect / reconnect the battery, you might have to disassemble the back to get the battery if it has inbuilt battery, then see if it powers on
2. leave the phone without charging or anything for at least a full week, hopefully it the battery drains away in this time, then you can try charging and see if it powers on
Gazzover67
Gazzover67
Gazzover67
15-02-2022, 10:01 PM
I have the same problem. How did you solve it?
Eckñe
Eckñe
Eckñe
16-02-2022, 03:35 PM
(15-02-2022, 10:01 PM)Gazzover67 I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Make sure you have the latest version of the flash tool and the proper drivers installed on your PC.
If you have no problems with the mobile warranty, do this:

1. Open the mobile to access the battery; remove the battery cable that is attached to the motherboard for at least 10-15 sec. (It may or may not have cable, it will vary in your case).
  2. Load your prefered flash tool (SPD Flash/Research/etc) with your firmware, make sure that the latter corresponds to your phone model. 
  3. Reconnect the battery. Now plug your phone to PC and immediately keeps pressed Vol+ and Vol- at the same time.

If all went well your computer will detect the phone and the flash process will start. If not, repeat the steps 1 and 3.

This worked for me on all three occasions that I have bricked my phone in this way.
This post was last modified: 16-02-2022, 03:48 PM by Eckñe.