Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My tecno m5 went dead after flashing and wont power on
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My tecno m5 went dead after flashing and wont power on

[Please help] My tecno m5 went dead after flashing and wont power on

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-06-2015, 02:07 PM

(03-06-2015, 01:06 PM)Eureka one other thing, i dont knw hw to install d usbvcom drivers for old windows xp, is dell latidude 510, and plse admin, i wish u can send d full details of hw to use d sp flash, tools and hw i can manualy install it on xp windows, plus if am clear, must i create a scarter file and must i create a backup of my fone on d mkttool driod before i can use to flash the fone, sir d fone does not power on at all...pls if u can send me d full details and procedures via my email it wouldbe great

relax... its not compicated
1. download the file and extract the folder inside
2. install vcom drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html (see the video)
3. flash the files using sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html (see the video)
you dont need to create anything, all the files you need are in the stock backup you're downloading
feel free to ask any questions about following steps 1, 2 and 3

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Eureka
Eureka
Eureka
Techie Member
03-06-2015, 10:56 PM
(03-06-2015, 12:22 PM)Eureka
(30-05-2015, 06:23 PM)Eureka After d link it will show me d google account and when I log in to my acct, after that it will tell me error, I have try sEveral. Times

the link has finally worked, so after downloading it sir, how will i go about it, using d sp tools to bring back my tecno m5

alright sir, abt dat sp flash tool, u guys made mention abt the first two files on d sp flash tool, i think d pre loader, for my fone that is dead, if i want to flash it back to life, do i need to ok those two files, or just flash it like that, one other thing, if i have successfuly done this, and d phone still refuse to load d operatin system/load past d boot image, what do i need to do..sir
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-06-2015, 10:08 AM
(03-06-2015, 10:56 PM)Eureka alright sir, abt dat sp flash tool, u guys made mention abt the first two files on d sp flash tool, i think d pre loader, for my fone that is dead, if i want to flash it back to life, do i need to ok those two files, or just flash it like that, one other thing, if i have successfuly done this, and d phone still refuse to load d operatin system/load past d boot image, what do i need to do..sir

ensure there's a formatted memory card in the phone then repeat sp flash tool flashing. flash all the files in the backup folder
after flashing, boot into recovery mode using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-479.html then do a factory reset
waiting.....

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Eureka
Eureka
Eureka
Techie Member
04-06-2015, 01:23 PM
alright sir, but remember my tecno m5 does not power on or anything, but only makes connecting sound when connected to the system, re u saying if am to flash it back to life i only flash d neccesary files like boot.img, and d rest apart from preloader.bin and d 2nd files, before powering up, then after dat when it does not move pass the bootimage i should boot into recoverymod......and throughout this process, will anything display on d fone when sp flash tool is in progress.....thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-06-2015, 04:38 PM

(04-06-2015, 01:23 PM)Eureka alright sir, but remember my tecno m5 does not power on or anything, but only makes connecting sound when connected to the system, re u saying if am to flash it back to life i only flash d neccesary files like boot.img, and d rest apart from preloader.bin and d 2nd files, before powering up, then after dat when it does not move pass the bootimage i should boot into recoverymod......and throughout this process, will anything display on d fone when sp flash tool is in progress.....thanks

list all the files inside the Tecno m5 mtk stock backup you downloaded

Note!
Eureka
Eureka
Eureka
Techie Member
05-06-2015, 12:24 PM
(04-06-2015, 04:38 PM)hovatek
(04-06-2015, 01:23 PM)Eureka alright sir, but remember my tecno m5 does not power on or anything, but only makes connecting sound when connected to the system, re u saying if am to flash it back to life i only flash d neccesary files like boot.img, and d rest apart from preloader.bin and d 2nd files, before powering up, then after dat when it does not move pass the bootimage i should boot into recoverymod......and throughout this process, will anything display on d fone when sp flash tool is in progress.....thanks

list all the files inside the Tecno m5 mtk stock backup you downloaded

the files as arange on d backup, are listed like this
system.img
secro.img
recovery.img
preloader.bin
mt6572-andriod scater.txt
mbr
logo.bin
ik.bin
EBR1
boot.img
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-06-2015, 04:38 PM
(05-06-2015, 12:24 PM)Eureka the files as arange on d backup, are listed like this
system.img
secro.img
recovery.img
preloader.bin
mt6572-andriod scater.txt
mbr
logo.bin
ik.bin
EBR1
boot.img

you have all the needed items. just load the scatter file in sp flash tool and flash all items that are ticked, including preloader. see the video @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html for the procedure
waiting....

Note!
Eureka
Eureka
Eureka
Techie Member
07-06-2015, 01:21 AM
i have done it, it came back, but if it on, still on the tecno logo, it doesnt load pass dere, i even did recovery mode, still d same thing, wat do i do
Eureka
Eureka
Eureka
Techie Member
07-06-2015, 03:31 AM
it work now. I tried it again and it worked. thanks so much. I don't know what I would have done without u people.
sir I hope to learn and worked with u guys
hexdy
hexdy
hexdy
Enthusiastic Member
19-08-2015, 09:34 AM

(03-06-2015, 10:56 PM)Eureka
(03-06-2015, 12:22 PM)Eureka
(30-05-2015, 06:23 PM)Eureka After d link it will show me d google account and when I log in to my acct, after that it will tell me error, I have try sEveral. Times

the link has finally worked, so after downloading it sir, how will i go about it, using d sp tools to bring back my tecno m5

alright sir, abt dat sp flash tool, u guys made mention abt the first two files on d sp flash tool, i think d pre loader, for my fone that is dead, if i want to flash it back to life, do i need to ok those two files, or just flash it like that, one other thing, if i have successfuly done this, and d phone still refuse to load d operatin system/load past d boot image, what do i need to do..sir

Please how would I download the file
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next