Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Want to know which version of tecno M3 Backup I need to flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Want to know which version of tecno M3 Backup I need to flash

[Please help] Want to know which version of tecno M3 Backup I need to flash

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
02-06-2015, 03:36 PM

(01-06-2015, 09:15 PM)hovatek
(01-06-2015, 05:01 PM)Don4418 Thanks for the file. But I still have problem with the same phone. I flashed it with new 4.2 file and after that it powered on to the boot screen and hanged. Then I put it into factory mode and cleared EMMC and it was able to boot but when it got to the welcome screen (like a new phone out of box), the touch would not work for me to complete the setup. I formatted and flashed the 4.4 version again but like the first time, it still hanged on the tecno logo after "Experience SmartLife Now".  I don't know what else to do. One thing about the 4.4 is that it can go into recovery mode but after choosing the "wipe data/factory reset", the "Yes --delete all user data" option is missing which makes the factory reset process unsuccessful. I tried the factory mode option (power + vloume down key) but that page is entirely empty. The only thing that you see there is the heading factory mode. Beneath that is empty. can you please advise what else I can try?
Thanks.

please, confirm this
the 4.2 is able to boot to home screen but touch screen isnt responsive , right?

Yeah. But in this case, it is the first time it is booting after the factory reset so it is on the welcome page where you have to select the language and go next...next...next till the setup completes and then the home screen. But the touch is not working so I could go beyond that to the home screen itself.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2015, 09:07 PM
(02-06-2015, 03:36 PM)Don4418 Yeah. But in this case, it is the first time it is booting after the factory reset so it is on the welcome page where you have to select the language and go next...next...next till the setup completes and then the home screen. But the touch is not working so I could go beyond that to the home screen itself.

you have two options
1. flash M3 old OS ROM
2. flash a more complete M3 4.2 new ROM; not !files to flash (we'll have to upload this)
do you have the M3 4.2 Old OS stock backup?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
03-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Thanks Hovatek!
No. I don't have the old 4.2 backup. So if you can grant me access for that and the complete new 4.2 also.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-06-2015, 10:42 AM
(03-06-2015, 12:14 AM)Don4418 Thanks Hovatek!
No. I don't have the old 4.2 backup. So if you can grant me access for that and the complete new 4.2 also.

granted!

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
03-06-2015, 02:07 PM

(03-06-2015, 10:42 AM)hovatek
(03-06-2015, 12:14 AM)Don4418 Thanks Hovatek!

granted!
I have just flashed the old rom and the screen is multi coloured. Nothing can be seen on the screen though you can hear the boot sound. I am sure some drivers are lacking. Do you know which of the partitions contain the phone drivers and calibration data? I know nvram holds calibration for some phones but I don't know for these tecno phones.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-06-2015, 02:56 PM
(03-06-2015, 02:07 PM)Don4418 I have just flashed the old rom and the screen is multi coloured. Nothing can be seen on the screen though you can hear the boot sound. I am sure some drivers are lacking. Do you know which of the partitions contain the phone drivers and calibration data? I know nvram holds calibration for some phones but I don't know for these tecno phones.

if it shows multi colors then its not compatible
you'll need to flash a more complete new 4.2 and not just the !files to flash we uploaded. we didnt upload the phase I backup because of the size

Note!
Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
03-06-2015, 07:07 PM
(03-06-2015, 02:56 PM)hovatek
(03-06-2015, 02:07 PM)Don4418 I have just flashed the old rom and the screen is multi coloured. Nothing can be seen on the screen though you can hear the boot sound. I am sure some drivers are lacking. Do you know which of the partitions contain the phone drivers and calibration data? I know nvram holds calibration for some phones but I don't know for these tecno phones.

if it shows multi colors then its not compatible
you'll need to flash a more complete new 4.2 and not just the !files to flash we uploaded. we didnt upload the phase I backup because of the size

Ok. But if you can upload just the files that are missing out of the complete backup, the size is quite small compared to the entire thing. I was computing the sizes of those files (PRO_INFO, NVRAM, PROTECT F, PROTECT S, SECCFG, MISC and EXPDB) and realized that their size put together is less than 50MB. So if you can kindly put them in one folder, compress them into a zip or rar file and send to my email or better still upload it to your account so any other person in need could request for it's download access.
Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-06-2015, 09:31 AM
(03-06-2015, 07:07 PM)Don4418 Ok. But if you can upload just the files that are missing out of the complete backup, the size is quite small compared to the entire thing. I was computing the sizes of those files (PRO_INFO, NVRAM, PROTECT F, PROTECT S, SECCFG, MISC and EXPDB) and realized that their size put together is less than 50MB. So if you can kindly put them in one folder, compress them into a zip or rar file and send to my email or better still upload it to your account so any other person in need could request for it's download access.
Thank you.

ATM, we only upload individual files for Premium members (https://premium.hovatek.com). we get hundreds of such requests daily and have stopped honoring them because its not cost effective

Note!
Don4418
Don4418
Don4418
Techie Member
05-06-2015, 08:23 PM
(04-06-2015, 09:31 AM)hovatek
(03-06-2015, 07:07 PM)Don4418 Ok. But if you can upload just the files that are missing out of the complete backup, the size is quite small compared to the entire thing. I was computing the sizes of those files (PRO_INFO, NVRAM, PROTECT F, PROTECT S, SECCFG, MISC and EXPDB) and realized that their size put together is less than 50MB. So if you can kindly put them in one folder, compress them into a zip or rar file and send to my email or better still upload it to your account so any other person in need could request for it's download access.
Thank you.

ATM, we only upload individual files for Premium members (https://premium.hovatek.com). we get hundreds of such requests daily and have stopped honoring them because its not cost effective

Wow! So what else can I do now? Anyway, I had already thought of subscribing to the premium membership but now is not a good time for me. All the same I want to thank you so much for your help this far.
A few things that still baffle me though; if you can help me with their explanation and possible solution.

1. Before I started this thread I had downloaded some tecno scatter files from your site including both the old and new M3 scatter files. Before I started working on the phone I put it into fastboot mode and ran "fastboot getvar all" command which gave me a list of the partitions present on the phone as well as their sizes. With that, I edited one of the M3 scatter files with the values obtained from the fastboot command since the output did not match exactly with the values in any of the scatter files.
So I loaded the modified scatter file into SP Flash Tool and did a full readback of the phone. However, I was unable to unpack the backup (ROM_0) because the phone cannot connect in debugging mode. After I had flashed the backup files you gave me, I found a way of using an mtk tool called Maui META 3G ver 6.1316.1 to hook the phone through meta mode into adb mode. I then opened MtkdroidTools and it was able to recognize the phone. So I tried to unpack the rom backup but when it gets to the boot.img file it stops with  the following error:

-- boot.img - The signature isn't found!
  --- ERROR of a signature,  ROM file is read from phone incorrectly!
--- task end with ERROR  ---  

I don't know what went wrong really. Please share thoughts.

The files that were unpacked successfully before the error are: EBR1, MBR, MT6572_Android_scatter.txt, nvram.bin, preloader.bin, pro_info, protect_f, protect_s, seccfg and uboot.bin. They were placed in the backup folder of MtkdroidTools inside a folder named "BAD_FILES......"
Attached Files
.jpg
bad_files.JPG
Size: 39.47 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-06-2015, 09:49 PM

(05-06-2015, 08:23 PM)Don4418 Wow! So what else can I do now? Anyway, I had already thought of subscribing to the premium membership but now is not a good time for me. All the same I want to thank you so much for your help this far.
A few things that still baffle me though; if you can help me with their explanation and possible solution.

1. Before I started this thread I had downloaded some tecno scatter files from your site including both the old and new M3 scatter files. Before I started working on the phone I put it into fastboot mode and ran "fastboot getvar all" command which gave me a list of the partitions present on the phone as well as their sizes. With that, I edited one of the M3 scatter files with the values obtained from the fastboot command since the output did not match exactly with the values in any of the scatter files.
So I loaded the modified scatter file into SP Flash Tool and did a full readback of the phone. However, I was unable to unpack the backup (ROM_0) because the phone cannot connect in debugging mode. After I had flashed the backup files you gave me, I found a way of using an mtk tool called Maui META 3G ver 6.1316.1 to hook the phone through meta mode into adb mode. I then opened MtkdroidTools and it was able to recognize the phone. So I tried to unpack the rom backup but when it gets to the boot.img file it stops with  the following error:

-- boot.img - The signature isn't found!
  --- ERROR of a signature,  ROM file is read from phone incorrectly!
--- task end with ERROR  ---  

I don't know what went wrong really. Please share thoughts.

The files that were unpacked successfully before the error are: EBR1, MBR, MT6572_Android_scatter.txt, nvram.bin,  preloader.bin, pro_info, protect_f, protect_s, seccfg and uboot.bin. They were placed in the backup folder of MtkdroidTools inside a folder named "BAD_FILES......"

most of the files that were unpacked fall within the start range in the scatter file.  what this tells me is that the readback error started at the very beginning and its possible it had something to do with the scatter file you edited
if you open a scatter file you'll see (for example):

Code:

linear_start_addr: 0xD00000
  physical_start_addr: 0x100000
  partition_size: 0x300000
so if you edit the sizes without making them correspond mathematically to the linear start addresses and physical start addresses then what you have is a total mess
This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 09:53 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next