Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Aromafm dont show .magisk folder
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Aromafm dont show .magisk folder

Aromafm dont show .magisk folder

darkrai_24
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
12-02-2021, 02:24 AM

aromafm does not show the .magisk folder in sbin / .magisk and neither does certain files as I see them in root explorer, the .magisk folder can be seen perfectly from root explorer but I can't see it from aromafm, what can it be?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-02-2021, 12:06 PM
(12-02-2021, 02:24 AM)darkrai_24 aromafm does not show the .magisk folder in sbin / .magisk and neither does certain files as I see them in root explorer, the .magisk folder can be seen perfectly from root explorer but I can't see it from aromafm, what can it be?

in android file managers, folder names beginning with . are usually hidden
you need to enable hidden items in whatever file manager you use to view hidden files / folders

in arome fm, without selecting anything, scroll down to MENU > hidden items
This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 12:07 PM by X3non.
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
12-02-2021, 01:05 PM
(12-02-2021, 12:06 PM)X3non
(12-02-2021, 02:24 AM)darkrai_24 aromafm does not show the .magisk folder in sbin / .magisk and neither does certain files as I see them in root explorer, the .magisk folder can be seen perfectly from root explorer but I can't see it from aromafm, what can it be?

in android file managers, folder names beginning with . are usually hidden
you need to enable hidden items in whatever file manager you use to view hidden files / folders

in arome fm, without selecting anything, scroll down to MENU > hidden items

yes I had the option to show hidden files enabled but not in aromafm it does not match what I see in root explorer for example, the sbin / folder in aromafm marks and shows 250 files and in root explorer it only shows as 10 files and several folders including .magisk, which does not show aromafm, I do not understand where aromafm has shown more than 200 files in the sbin / folder that root explorer does not show them and that happens with more folders than in root explorer it shows files inside them but aromafm them shows empty.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-02-2021, 12:16 AM
(12-02-2021, 01:05 PM)darkrai_24 yes I had the option to show hidden files enabled but not in aromafm it does not match what I see in root explorer for example, the sbin / folder in aromafm marks and shows 250 files and in root explorer it only shows as 10 files and several folders including .magisk, which does not show aromafm, I do not understand where aromafm has shown more than 200 files in the sbin / folder that root explorer does not show them and that happens with more folders than in root explorer it shows files inside them but aromafm them shows empty.

using sbin folder as example, the contents of sbin folder differs between recovery and system / boot
when booted into recovery, you get more than 250 files as you mentioned because the contents of the device has been booted to recovery mode. you can find the exact same files if you extract / unpack recovery.img/ramdisk/sbin

when booted into android i.e system, you get sbin folder from boot.img which has fewer files than recovery.img
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
darkrai_24
13-02-2021, 01:59 PM

(13-02-2021, 12:16 AM)X3non
(12-02-2021, 01:05 PM)darkrai_24 yes I had the option to show hidden files enabled but not in aromafm it does not match what I see in root explorer for example, the sbin / folder in aromafm marks and shows 250 files and in root explorer it only shows as 10 files and several folders including .magisk, which does not show aromafm, I do not understand where aromafm has shown more than 200 files in the sbin / folder that root explorer does not show them and that happens with more folders than in root explorer it shows files inside them but aromafm them shows empty.

using sbin folder as example, the contents of sbin folder differs between recovery and system / boot
when booted into recovery, you get more than 250 files as you mentioned because the contents of the device has been booted to recovery mode. you can find the exact same files if you extract / unpack recovery.img/ramdisk/sbin

when booted into android i.e system, you get sbin folder from boot.img which has fewer files than recovery.img

I understand, so the .magisk folder is in sbin but from boot.img, how can I get to that path from aromafm? Since then the sbin that shows me aromfm in the root / sbin / is the sbin but from the recovery.img correct?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-02-2021, 09:32 AM
(13-02-2021, 01:59 PM)darkrai_24 I understand, so the .magisk folder is in sbin but from boot.img, how can I get to that path from aromafm? Since then the sbin that shows me aromfm in the root / sbin / is the sbin but from the recovery.img correct?

i don't think you can acces boot's sbin from recovery mode
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
03-12-2021, 07:41 PM
Magisk folder is in data/adb/
U can confirm with termux using
ls /data/adb