Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Doogee N20, all apps keep crashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Doogee N20, all apps keep crashing

Doogee N20, all apps keep crashing

12-02-2021, 09:35 AM

Hello house
I bought a new Doogee N20 recently and it has been giving me headache.

The playstore keeps crashing, then after a few hours or all the other Google related apps also keep crashing randomly while being used.

You may use it for an hour without issues but once it resumes it's madness, some of the apps running would just start crashing randomly.

After a few days, the issue graduated to normal apps on the phone crashing randomly while being used. Sometimes the phone freezes and and I have to restart it.

I have done factory reset, it didn't solve it, then I thought maybe the follow come ROM had issues, so i installed the N20 ROM I found on this platform, still the same problem, then i flashed with another different N20 ROM I found online, the crashing still continues.

I am fed up. How can I resolve the situation.
I have googled the problem and I can't seem to find any Doogee user with a similar issue.

Looking forward to gain from your experience.
This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 09:40 AM by internetgrandmaster. Edit Reason: Forgot something
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-02-2021, 11:56 PM
(12-02-2021, 09:35 AM)internetgrandmaster Hello house
I bought a new Doogee N20 recently and it has been giving me headache.

The playstore keeps crashing, then after a few hours or all the other Google related apps also keep crashing randomly while being used.

You may use it for an hour without issues but once it resumes it's madness, some of the apps running would just start crashing randomly.

After a few days, the issue graduated to normal apps on the phone crashing randomly while being used. Sometimes the phone freezes and and I have to restart it.

I have done factory reset, it didn't solve it, then I thought maybe the follow come ROM had issues, so i installed the N20 ROM I found on this platform, still the same problem, then i flashed with another different N20 ROM I found online, the crashing still continues.

I am fed up. How can I resolve the situation.
I have googled the problem and I can't seem to find any Doogee user with a similar issue.

Looking forward to gain from your experience.

after factory resettings / flashing these firmwares, did the phone go through initial setup? or it just booted straight back to homescreen?
13-02-2021, 12:11 AM
It went through initial setup, choosing language and all that stuff. Setting up pin and fingerprint.

Adding my google account.

It was always a fresh install
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-02-2021, 12:47 PM
(13-02-2021, 12:11 AM)internetgrandmaster It went through initial setup, choosing language and all that stuff. Setting up pin and fingerprint.

Adding my google account.

It was always a fresh install

Do a backup of your Tee and NV partition then try looking for a compatible GSI. Maybe this'll help

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
13-02-2021, 01:13 PM

I dont know how to back up those partitions, do you mind sharing the link to a tutorial that shows how to do it?

@2ndly what does GSI mean so I can search for that of Doogee N20 online

Finally can you help me resolve the issue? I am willing to bring the phone to your office at Egbeda

my number is zero seven zero 53516152

thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-02-2021, 01:21 PM
(13-02-2021, 01:13 PM)internetgrandmaster I dont know how to back up those partitions, do you mind sharing the link to a tutorial that shows how to do it?

Follow https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
14-02-2021, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your reply, what is a GSI.
I have googled the term and I can't find something related to mobile phones.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-02-2021, 09:37 AM
(14-02-2021, 12:21 PM)internetgrandmaster Thanks for your reply, what is a GSI.
I have googled the term and I can't find something related to mobile phones.

you can readup info about gsi from aosp website @ https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi
get more info on how to go about choosing a compatible rom @ https://www.xda-developers.com/android-1...ct-treble/
how to flash @ https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-gen...le-device/