Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android X690B Hardbrick Readback SPFT
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

X690B Hardbrick Readback SPFT

X690B Hardbrick Readback SPFT

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
21-02-2021, 01:16 PM

My device is Infinix X690B MT6768. I'm using this method https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html to connect to SPFT. I'm trying to backup the current ROM since the latest isn't provided here yet. The step is to press readback first and connect the phone. But when i do that, SPFT popup'ed error because it reads via UART connection. So i try to connect the phone first and press readback afterward.
When i try to readback, there's popup saying "please use official scatter" and my phone can't be powered on at all. Only LED indicator turned on, but no vibration at all when connecting to power socket. I'm using wwr mtk test scatter to readback preloader partition. When i try to replug my phone, there's device connected "MediaTek DA USB VCOM (Android)" and that's the only sign my phone has. This is my preloader scatter :

Quote:partition_index: SYS0
partition_name: PRELOADER
file_name: preloader.bin
is_download: true
type: SV5_BL_BIN
linear_start_addr: 0x0
physical_start_addr: 0x0
partition_size: 0x80000
region: EMMC_BOOT1_BOOT2
storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
boundary_check: true
is_reserved: false
operation_type: BOOTLOADERS
reserve: 0x00

I search for the same problem on the internet and their solution is just charge the phone for like a days and it will turned on itself. But even if it doesn't work, i can go to service center to re-flash the phone. The problem is how to back up the phone ? should i use existing scatter here to backup the phone ? and FYI, i'm using same partition start, size, and region as previous scatter ROM of my phone. But it doesn't work at all or my step is wrong.
any help would be great.
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
21-02-2021, 01:19 PM
And im using this setting to readback via SPFT
Attached Files
.png
Untitled.png
Size: 26.17 KB / Downloads: 4
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
21-02-2021, 06:42 PM
At this point, my device is unrecognizable. I already tried reinstall all driver and yet still not recognized. I'm thinking to flash it on service center but idk. Still hoping long charge would resurrect my phone.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-02-2021, 09:07 AM
(21-02-2021, 01:16 PM)NyihuiGamer ...
I search for the same problem on the internet and their solution is just charge the phone for like a days and it will turned on itself. But even if it doesn't work, i can go to service center to re-flash the phone.

So long as all you did was readback not format or download, then all you need is @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
if you decide to go with charging then there's no estimated amount of time, be sure to try the tips too. disconnecting the battery clip is the quickest solution

(21-02-2021, 01:16 PM)NyihuiGamer The problem is how to back up the phone ? should i use existing scatter here to backup the phone ? and FYI, i'm using same partition start, size, and region as previous scatter ROM of my phone. But it doesn't work at all or my step is wrong.
any help would be great.

you can use an existing scatter for the same x690b @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34324.html
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
22-02-2021, 10:46 AM

(22-02-2021, 09:07 AM)X3non So long as all you did was readback not format or download, then all you need is @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
if you decide to go with charging then there's no estimated amount of time, be sure to try the tips too. disconnecting the battery clip is the quickest solution
Oh god, it's that simple. I just figure it out that my phone just charged before trying to readback stuff. I guess when i try to do that again i'm gonna make sure my battery touch 15%.
I went to service center again and it's not detected there too. So SC guy recommend me to open the back and reconnect the battery and i said yes. And he can flash my phone again. If i know this sooner maybe i'm just gonna wait until the battery is empty then trying to charge again. I guess it's unforgettable experience for me lol..

(22-02-2021, 09:07 AM)X3non you can use an existing scatter for the same x690b @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34324.html
Are you sure ? because boot partition name is EMMC_BOOT1_BOOT2, and your tutorial said EMMC_BOOT_1 only. Can i untick the preloader partition just to make safe ? Is it safe to use any scatter of different firmware version ? And if i try to flash with existing ROM, what partition that i should untick to make sure my IMEI safe ?

Once again, when i want to readback the preloader, which region should i choose ? EMMC_BOOT_1 or EMMC_BOOT_2 ? i think i make mistake twice here because i realized that i readback the preloader using EMMC_USER region, and SPFT says "use official scatter" and it makes my phone goes dead lol
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-02-2021, 11:09 AM
(22-02-2021, 10:46 AM)NyihuiGamer Are you sure ?

Yes

(22-02-2021, 10:46 AM)NyihuiGamer because boot partition name is EMMC_BOOT1_BOOT2, and your tutorial said EMMC_BOOT_1 only.

boot2 is more or less a backup partition for the contents of boot1 ie preloader

(22-02-2021, 10:46 AM)NyihuiGamer Can i untick the preloader partition just to make safe ?

You are free to skip any partition of your choosing, edit option.ini in spft folder and set ShowByScatter=true then relaunch spft > readback

(22-02-2021, 10:46 AM)NyihuiGamer Is it safe to use any scatter of different firmware version ?

same model but different build e.g same x690b with different build is safe (the partition sizes doesn't change)
different model e.g x690c, probably not safe unless you compare the partitions sizes to confirm they are the same as x690b

(22-02-2021, 10:46 AM)NyihuiGamer And if i try to flash with existing ROM, what partition that i should untick to make sure my IMEI safe ?

nvram & nvdata hold imei details
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
23-02-2021, 03:28 PM
(23-02-2021, 11:09 AM)X3non same model but different build e.g same x690b with different build is safe (the partition sizes doesn't change)
different model e.g x690c, probably not safe unless you compare the partitions sizes to confirm they are the same as x690b
It seems like i'm not allowed to backup my phone. Using existing scatter and try to readback preloader using boot1 settings, still SPFT ask me about using official scatter and phone become dead. I'm just giving up. Thanks xenon for giving me advice even though it's useless for me, i believe some day there's someone with same phone willing to share how to do things here. Sad
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-02-2021, 07:37 PM
(23-02-2021, 03:28 PM)NyihuiGamer It seems like i'm not allowed to backup my phone. Using existing scatter and try to readback preloader using boot1 settings, still SPFT ask me about using official scatter and phone become dead. I'm just giving up. Thanks xenon for giving me advice even though it's useless for me, i believe some day there's someone with same phone willing to share how to do things here. Sad

the real error you are getting is invalid preloader right? if yes, then use any scatter file i.e you can use either empty scat from wwr or any x690b scatter then download any preloader from x690b firmware
when you load the scatter file, in download tab ensure that preloader has a file location then attempt readback
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
25-02-2021, 01:08 PM
(23-02-2021, 07:37 PM)X3non the real error you are getting is invalid preloader right? if yes, then use any scatter file i.e you can use either empty scat from wwr or any x690b scatter then download any preloader from x690b firmware
when you load the scatter file, in download tab ensure that preloader has a file location then attempt readback
If my device is hard bricked because i'm failing to read back the preloader, and i'm trying to disconnect the battery pin and put it again, is my device going to boot again to home screen like it doesn't happen ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-02-2021, 09:09 AM

(25-02-2021, 01:08 PM)NyihuiGamer If my device is hard bricked because i'm failingĀ  to read back the preloader, and i'm trying to disconnect the battery pin and put it again, is my device going to boot again to home screen like it doesn't happen ?

Your device should work again. Have you gotten the scatter file and preloader @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34324.html and tried doing readback as @x3non instructed?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next