Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] tecno a7 (phantom )z bricked after ota update

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015, 10:15 AM by masterclem1. Edit Reason: latest findings )

(05-31-2015, 03:15 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-30-2015, 11:01 AM)masterclem1 Wrote: Sir,  the truth is that I already have my phone system.img, boot.img, and recovery.img but I don't have a scatter file to flash thru sp flasher. i try flashing system.img with fastboot, but it says cannot load system.img.
Please I need advice on how to get scatter text. 
Thanks

if your files are truly for Phantom Z then combining them with outs might fix the OTA update issue and other minor bugs some people have complained about after flashing ours. you'll then be able to fix your phone too

I got those file cos I backed them  using mtk droid tools, it was taking very long to backup so I quite before getting the rest of the files. when my phone got bricked, I managed to flash boot and recovery thru fast boot but I couldn't flash system cos I think my ram was insufficient for that kind of big file. but nw I have successfully flashed system.img with sp flasher using the scatter I later backed up when the system was dead. I used that scatter file and it worked.

speaking of ota update. Before asking me to upload anything, i want you to know something first, I download ota update, then i click upgrade after the download has being complete, after clicking update, it reboots the phone to recovery but couldnt install the update. So i tried installing again from withing cmw this time, and it came with an error saying "Context mismatch; This packages is for Tecno a7 devices, this is mtk". meaning my phone is mtk and not tecno a7. Then i tried installing with WTRP, it gave me an errror saying that "error executing updater binary in zip. then i decided to take a look at the zip i have downloaded, i opened it, then i located the updater script, i found out that the updater script was aborting the installation, claiming my device has +getprop("ro.build.fingerprint")+"."); then i remembered that before i did that backup that time, i modified my system i.e, i rooted the device, changed the imei, changed the font using ifont and a custom recovery flashed. and i think that is why is seeing my device as  mtk instead of tecno a7.
Now i want to unroot the device, flashed back custom recovery and changed back default font and imei, then download the update again and see what happens.

(06-01-2015, 06:45 AM)masterclem1 Wrote: Now i want to unroot the device, flashed back custom recovery and changed back default font and imei, then download the update again and see what happens.

please, upload the stock backup of your phantom Z and lets have the download link . got a thread @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-2981.html and your files just might be the solution
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)