Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Camon 15 CD7 Red state error
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Camon 15 CD7 Red state error

Tecno Camon 15 CD7 Red state error

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2021, 05:12 PM

(05-03-2021, 06:59 PM)X3non
(05-03-2021, 10:26 AM)FlexxingOff Whenever I connect my phone to PC, it just shows me empty battery charging sign along with the red state error and then starts rebooting by itself..I dont need to press any button..And it just shows me Mediatek USB VCOM in ports..There is no Mediatek USB Port tried it multiple times.

you tried all different button combos including those mentioned in my previous post?
uninstall all mtk drivers using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html ; reinstall the driver from the bypass thread then try again

Also, how do i know if i have to flash a vbmeta.img when i root my device? Well in all the firmware for my device there actually are 3 vbmeta files..but i m not sure if i have to flash a vbmeta when rooting
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-03-2021, 09:32 AM
(06-03-2021, 05:12 PM)FlexxingOff Also, how do i know if i have to flash a vbmeta.img when i root my device? Well in all the firmware for my device there actually are 3 vbmeta files..but i m not sure if i have to flash a vbmeta when rooting

you're to unlock bootloader & flash empty vbmeta before attempting to flash a custom boot.img
when rooting, you only need the partition vbmeta, not the other two vbmeta-*
unlock bootloader @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
disable dm_verity @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html ; method 3
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
08-03-2021, 09:55 AM
(08-03-2021, 09:32 AM)X3non
(06-03-2021, 05:12 PM)FlexxingOff Also, how do i know if i have to flash a vbmeta.img when i root my device? Well in all the firmware for my device there actually are 3 vbmeta files..but i m not sure if i have to flash a vbmeta when rooting

you're to unlock bootloader & flash empty vbmeta before attempting to flash a custom boot.img
when rooting, you only need the partition vbmeta, not the other two vbmeta-*
unlock bootloader @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
disable dm_verity @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html ; method 3
So Is it mandatory to flash vbmeta in android 10 or android 10+ devices? (Just asking out of curiosity) Big Grin
Also, do check this thread as well : https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-38323.html I m trying to dump my stock ROM so i can get the stock boot.img for magisk patch as the other boot available on the internet are not working as they are of previous firmware and i want to backup my whole ROM so i can restore if anything goes wrong
This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 09:56 AM by FlexxingOff.
karteltech
karteltech
karteltech
Enthusiastic Member
09-03-2021, 06:48 AM
(04-03-2021, 05:40 AM)yudestar
(03-03-2021, 12:06 PM)FlexxingOff My Camon 15 CD7 is stuck in red state error bootloop and I cant boot into recovery or fastboot.I tried flashing the stock firmware "Tecno Camon 15 (CD7-H6214ABDE-Q-GL-200515V508) [Factory / Signed]" from the hovatek forum and used SP flash tool to flash the file but it is giving error "STATUS SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH" in sp flash tool as well as SWD Aftersales..I can flash all files except "tkv.img,dtbo.img, vbmeta_system.img and vbmeta_vendor.img..After succesfully flashing the rest of the files the device boots up and gets stucked at TECNO logo with the red state error and keeps bootlooping..Kindly Help ASAP!

I had the exact same problem with my CD 7. I surfed the internet for a month looking for solutions but got none. I downloaded so many firmwares, flashed using all the tools I could find on the net but all these was in vain. My wife then told me that Tecno have warranty shops in our country (Kenya) and I decided to pop into their carl care center and Lo and behold my firmware issue was fixed within ten minutes but they told me that they couldn't write my IMEI back (I had formatted my Chip using SP Flash tool). They told me that I had to replace the motherboard. I left that center and on my way home I saw another carl care center and something told me to seek a second opinion. I went into the second carl care center and gave them my IMEI number and they fixed it within 5 Minutes, I had barely sat down and I was called back to the counter to collect my phone. I think the firmware with signed tkv.img, dtbo.img, vbmeta_system.img, vbmeta_vendor.img and super.img is not available in the public domain. Every firmware that I downloaded and believe me I downloaded so many had issues with this files. I know my solution might not be what you are looking for and you were looking to solve it on your own but I am posting this just incase someone else has the same problem and carl care center is an option for them. If you have one near you then I suggest you try them. I messed up my phone trying to root it so my warranty was void but they still sorted me out without me paying a single cent.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-03-2021, 11:23 AM

(08-03-2021, 09:55 AM)FlexxingOff So Is it mandatory to flash vbmeta in android 10 or android 10+ devices? (Just asking out of curiosity) Big Grin

flashing vbmeta is mandatory from android 9+
Arslan10227
Arslan10227
Arslan10227
16-04-2021, 05:41 AM
(06-03-2021, 02:14 PM)FlexxingOff
(05-03-2021, 06:59 PM)X3non
(05-03-2021, 10:26 AM)FlexxingOff Whenever I connect my phone to PC, it just shows me empty battery charging sign along with the red state error and then starts rebooting by itself..I dont need to press any button..And it just shows me Mediatek USB VCOM in ports..There is no Mediatek USB Port tried it multiple times.

you tried all different button combos including those mentioned in my previous post?
uninstall all mtk drivers using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html ; reinstall the driver from the bypass thread then try again

Well,The Device is fixed now Smile . Thanks for your help tho Big Grin I just took it to carl center and they fixed it ..Btw, how do i take a backup of my firmware so that I can flash it later on?

you paid anything for fixing phone ? or you have warranty left
yudestar
yudestar
yudestar
16-04-2021, 05:49 AM
you paid anything for fixing phone ? or you have warranty left
[/quote]

If you have warranty it's free if not you pay very little in my country it was equivalent to 3USD
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
15-05-2021, 09:18 AM
(16-04-2021, 05:49 AM)yudestar you paid anything for fixing phone ? or you have warranty left

If you have warranty it's free if not you pay very little in my country it was equivalent to 3USD
[/quote]

I had the device under warranty...Only a few days were left Tongue
Pages (2): Previous 1 2