Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Camon 15 CD7 Red state error
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Camon 15 CD7 Red state error

Tecno Camon 15 CD7 Red state error

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
03-03-2021, 12:06 PM

My Camon 15 CD7 is stuck in red state error bootloop and I cant boot into recovery or fastboot.I tried flashing the stock firmware "Tecno Camon 15 (CD7-H6214ABDE-Q-GL-200515V508) [Factory / Signed]" from the hovatek forum and used SP flash tool to flash the file but it is giving error "STATUS SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH" in sp flash tool as well as SWD Aftersales..I can flash all files except "tkv.img,dtbo.img, vbmeta_system.img and vbmeta_vendor.img..After succesfully flashing the rest of the files the device boots up and gets stucked at TECNO logo with the red state error and keeps bootlooping..Kindly Help ASAP!
yudestar
yudestar
yudestar
04-03-2021, 05:40 AM
(03-03-2021, 12:06 PM)FlexxingOff My Camon 15 CD7 is stuck in red state error bootloop and I cant boot into recovery or fastboot.I tried flashing the stock firmware "Tecno Camon 15 (CD7-H6214ABDE-Q-GL-200515V508) [Factory / Signed]" from the hovatek forum and used SP flash tool to flash the file but it is giving error "STATUS SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH" in sp flash tool as well as SWD Aftersales..I can flash all files except "tkv.img,dtbo.img, vbmeta_system.img and vbmeta_vendor.img..After succesfully flashing the rest of the files the device boots up and gets stucked at TECNO logo with the red state error and keeps bootlooping..Kindly Help ASAP!

I had the exact same problem with my CD 7. I surfed the internet for a month looking for solutions but got none. I downloaded so many firmwares, flashed using all the tools I could find on the net but all these was in vain. My wife then told me that Tecno have warranty shops in our country (Kenya) and I decided to pop into their carl care center and Lo and behold my firmware issue was fixed within ten minutes but they told me that they couldn't write my IMEI back (I had formatted my Chip using SP Flash tool). They told me that I had to replace the motherboard. I left that center and on my way home I saw another carl care center and something told me to seek a second opinion. I went into the second carl care center and gave them my IMEI number and they fixed it within 5 Minutes, I had barely sat down and I was called back to the counter to collect my phone. I think the firmware with signed tkv.img, dtbo.img, vbmeta_system.img, vbmeta_vendor.img and super.img is not available in the public domain. Every firmware that I downloaded and believe me I downloaded so many had issues with this files. I know my solution might not be what you are looking for and you were looking to solve it on your own but I am posting this just incase someone else has the same problem and carl care center is an option for them. If you have one near you then I suggest you try them. I messed up my phone trying to root it so my warranty was void but they still sorted me out without me paying a single cent.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-03-2021, 09:48 AM
(03-03-2021, 12:06 PM)FlexxingOff My Camon 15 CD7 is stuck in red state error bootloop and I cant boot into recovery or fastboot.I tried flashing the stock firmware "Tecno Camon 15 (CD7-H6214ABDE-Q-GL-200515V508) [Factory / Signed]" from the hovatek forum and used SP flash tool to flash the file but it is giving error "STATUS SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH" in sp flash tool as well as SWD Aftersales..I can flash all files except "tkv.img,dtbo.img, vbmeta_system.img and vbmeta_vendor.img..After succesfully flashing the rest of the files the device boots up and gets stucked at TECNO logo with the red state error and keeps bootlooping..Kindly Help ASAP!

try this
use the bypass method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html (using the default mtk-allinone da in spft)
flash all except the above listed 4 items (i.e untick them before flashing the rest)
then retry flashing only the 4 previously unticked items and if using mtk-allinone fails, then repeat the bypass then retry flashing along with the da @ https://mega.nz/file/Q4JHUKpL#kdCWpu_602...Z8IBk9t6dU

another option to try is use the DA file for cd7 along with miracle thunder 2.82
try flashing only the 4 items listed above in your OP
let me know if any method works or not
This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 10:12 AM by X3non.
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
04-03-2021, 10:15 AM
(04-03-2021, 05:40 AM)yudestar

I had the exact same problem with my CD 7. I surfed the internet for a month looking for solutions but got none. I downloaded so many firmwares, flashed using all the tools I could find on the net but all these was in vain. My wife then told me that Tecno have warranty shops in our country (Kenya) and I decided to pop into their carl care center and Lo and behold my firmware issue was fixed within ten minutes but they told me that they couldn't write my IMEI back (I had formatted my Chip using SP Flash tool). They told me that I had to replace the motherboard. I left that center and on my way home I saw another carl care center and something told me to seek a second opinion. I went into the second carl care center and gave them my IMEI number and they fixed it within 5 Minutes, I had barely sat down and I was called back to the counter to collect my phone. I think the firmware with signed tkv.img, dtbo.img, vbmeta_system.img, vbmeta_vendor.img and super.img is not available in the public domain. Every firmware that I downloaded and believe me I downloaded so many had issues with this files. I know my solution might not be what you are looking for and you were looking to solve it on your own but I am posting this just incase someone else has the same problem and carl care center is an option for them. If you have one near you then I suggest you try them. I messed up my phone trying to root it so my warranty was void but they still sorted me out without me paying a single cent.

Tysm for your reply ! Smile I just hope i have the same luck and mine get fixed too as your's did Big Grin I just wanted to fix it on my own so I can later jst play around flashing custom ROMs and kernel and revert back if anything goes wrong Tongue I've been doing this for quite a while flashed almost all ROMs for my mt6592 devices and my XOLO Black 1x..This is the first time that I couldn't fix anything and it's annoying..Tysm anyways i jst have to find a carl center now..
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
04-03-2021, 11:06 AM

(04-03-2021, 09:48 AM)X3non

try this
use the bypass method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html (using the default mtk-allinone da in spft)
flash all except the above listed 4 items (i.e untick them before flashing the rest)
then retry flashing only the 4 previously unticked items and if using mtk-allinone fails, then repeat the bypass then retry flashing along with the da @ https://mega.nz/file/Q4JHUKpL#kdCWpu_602...Z8IBk9t6dU

another option to try is use the DA file for cd7 along with miracle thunder 2.82
try flashing only the 4 items listed above in your OP
let me know if any method works or not

The Miracle Box method doesn't work. It's says Downloading Boot8 and progress bar reaches 100% and it stops by itself..As of the spft method, i cant see Mediatek USB Port in libusb-win32 app...My device only shows up as Mediatek USB VCOM(A...) in the install filter tab.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-03-2021, 10:19 AM
(04-03-2021, 11:06 AM)FlexxingOff The Miracle Box method doesn't work. It's says Downloading Boot8 and progress bar reaches 100% and it stops by itself..

this is because you didn't properly use the DA for this model, if you did then it should indicate something like external boot
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23733.html

(04-03-2021, 11:06 AM)FlexxingOff As of the spft method, i cant see Mediatek USB Port in libusb-win32 app...My device only shows up as Mediatek USB VCOM(A...) in the install filter tab.

launch device manager on your pc
connect the phone without holding any buttons to the pc, take note of whatever appears first under ports in device manager
if not mtk usb port then retry different button combos
e.g while holding vol down only, vol up only, vol down + vol up, vol down + special key (if your device has a 4th hw button), e.t.c
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
05-03-2021, 10:26 AM
(04-03-2021, 11:06 AM)FlexxingOff As of the spft method, i cant see Mediatek USB Port in libusb-win32 app...My device only shows up as Mediatek USB VCOM(A...) in the install filter tab.

launch device manager on your pc
connect the phone without holding any buttons to the pc, take note of whatever appears first under ports in device manager
if not mtk usb port then retry different button combos
e.g while holding vol down only, vol up only, vol down + vol up, vol down + special key (if your device has a 4th hw button), e.t.c
[/quote]

Whenever I connect my phone to PC, it just shows me empty battery charging sign along with the red state error and then starts rebooting by itself..I dont need to press any button..And it just shows me Mediatek USB VCOM in ports..There is no Mediatek USB Port tried it multiple times.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-03-2021, 06:59 PM
(05-03-2021, 10:26 AM)FlexxingOff Whenever I connect my phone to PC, it just shows me empty battery charging sign along with the red state error and then starts rebooting by itself..I dont need to press any button..And it just shows me Mediatek USB VCOM in ports..There is no Mediatek USB Port tried it multiple times.

you tried all different button combos including those mentioned in my previous post?
uninstall all mtk drivers using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html ; reinstall the driver from the bypass thread then try again
This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 07:06 PM by X3non.
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2021, 08:45 AM
(05-03-2021, 06:59 PM)X3non
(05-03-2021, 10:26 AM)FlexxingOff Whenever I connect my phone to PC, it just shows me empty battery charging sign along with the red state error and then starts rebooting by itself..I dont need to press any button..And it just shows me Mediatek USB VCOM in ports..There is no Mediatek USB Port tried it multiple times.

you tried all different button combos including those mentioned in my previous post?
uninstall all mtk drivers using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html ; reinstall the driver from the bypass thread then try again

Well,Today I just went to the Carl center and gave them my device. They fixed it but said they couldn't write my IMEI back and they have to change the PCB.They said it'll be fixed within a week.So, I m jst waiting for next week now
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
FlexxingOff
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2021, 02:14 PM

(05-03-2021, 06:59 PM)X3non

Well,The Device is fixed now Smile . Thanks for your help tho Big Grin I just took it to carl center and they fixed it ..Btw, how do i take a backup of my firmware so that I can flash it later on?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next