Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Getting backup of Realme C12
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Getting backup of Realme C12

Getting backup of Realme C12

HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
11-03-2021, 02:21 PM

As we all know, only a few Realme devices have flash tool support.

I am using Realme C12 which does not have official Realme flash tool support and there is only recovery flashable firmware in their site.

With the advent of MTK-bypass utility, many devices can be modified or revived.

Now for future use I am trying to backup my firmware. So I saw https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html to get scatter file from the device.
I am getting the error as mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-d...t-84638009

I don't know if it is SPFlashTool specific or MTK-bypass issue.

Realme C12 recovery flashable stock rom can be found at https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update
This stock rom is NOT encrypted. So we can simply unzip it. There is a scatter file in the above stock rom but it is not in the format recognizable by SPFlashTool.

Any clues to go further?

Thanks for great and unique tutorials and help.
This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 02:24 PM by HemanthJabalpuri.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-03-2021, 09:20 AM
(11-03-2021, 02:21 PM)HemanthJabalpuri ...

the preloader_invalid error requires the real preloader of this device ; see the fix for the error @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
you can check the recovery flashable rom if it contains preloader then use it if it does

BTW from your other post at xda, instead of booting up the device then power off, you can try this below
run main.py and let it wait for device
hold the boot key that got you mtk usb port + power button (might need to hold for upto 15 seconds)
it should reboot the device back to mtk usb port where main.py will catch it and disable brom (release both buttons upon detection)
This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 09:24 AM by X3non.
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
12-03-2021, 10:57 AM
(12-03-2021, 09:20 AM)X3non BTW from your other post at xda, instead of booting up the device then power off, you can try this below
run main.py and let it wait for device
hold the boot key that got you mtk usb port + power button (might need to hold for upto 15 seconds)
it should reboot the device back to mtk usb port where main.py will catch it and disable brom (release both buttons upon detection)

Thanks for response.

Why the second readback is struck? Is this specific to my setup or it is a common thing when using MTK-bypass?

For generating scatter file with WwR+MTK tool, I have dumped EMMC_BOOT1 and when I try to dump PGPT, SPFlashTool struck at screen with stop icon and there is no red line below that indicates the progress.

When I reconnect it, MTK-bypass does not detecting. So I have to reboot, poweroff that then reconnect.

Your trick worked. When I have done 1st read back, I restarted main.py and I hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power for 10 secs without disconnecting the device. MTK-bypass detected this and SPFlashTool also can able read back 2nd time too.

Thanks
This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 04:56 PM by HemanthJabalpuri.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-03-2021, 09:03 AM
(12-03-2021, 10:57 AM)HemanthJabalpuri Why the second readback is struck? Is this specific to my setup or it is a common thing when using MTK-bypass?

it's a general mtk thing, after performing any action on the device even if the action is successful or not, you'll need to reconnect the device back to mtk usb port to make any more actions
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
16-04-2021, 04:45 PM

What is the use of dumping EMMC_BOOT1 for using in WwR MTK tool? Only EMMC_USER can able to make scatter and split partitions right?

Thanks
This post was last modified: 16-04-2021, 04:45 PM by HemanthJabalpuri.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-04-2021, 11:05 AM
(16-04-2021, 04:45 PM)HemanthJabalpuri What is the use of dumping EMMC_BOOT1 for using in WwR MTK tool? Only EMMC_USER can able to make scatter and split partitions right?

Thanks

emmc_boot* contains preloader and yes, emmc_user alone will get you a scatter file in wwr mtk tool