Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Installation of GSI rom on my ouckitel c21 android 10 device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Installation of GSI rom on my ouckitel c21 android 10 device

Installation of GSI rom on my ouckitel c21 android 10 device

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
14-03-2021, 07:44 PM

Hello sir, i purchased a oukitel C21 device having Android 10 out of box. The stock rom is stock android based. Am an advance user, i unlocked the bootloader, disabled verified boot. I have read up on the usage of fastbootd mode on android 10 devices, i was able it to setup up correctly..
But now is the issue, in fastbootd mode, i used the command 'fastboot flash system havoc.img'.. The installation begin . and sparse image is been loaded into the phone.. But at the middle of the operation. It returned a error message ' Failed (remote: Operation not permitted) '.. I have tried with different Gsis but all is the same.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20210314_194117_7.jpg
Size: 462.16 KB / Downloads: 12
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
14-03-2021, 10:23 PM
Hello sir. Another issue just popper up now.. I haven't seen it before.. Tee key not write Google key not write.. It happened that my device enter red state. So i used format all download.. Not I have this red text on my top right screen corner
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
14-03-2021, 10:24 PM
Note, i habe googled it, tried all the fix i saw . the adb methods root etc.. No works for my phone
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
14-03-2021, 10:43 PM
And sir, if i were to see another oukitel c21 , is there a particular patition i can back up and then flash it in my phone ...
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-03-2021, 09:16 AM

(14-03-2021, 07:44 PM)Adewoyin Peter Tayo Hello sir, i purchased a oukitel C21 device having Android 10 out of box. The stock rom is stock android based. Am an advance user, i unlocked the bootloader, disabled verified boot. I have read up on the usage of fastbootd mode on android 10 devices, i was able it to setup up correctly..
But now is the issue, in fastbootd mode, i used the command 'fastboot flash system havoc.img'.. The installation begin . and sparse image is been loaded into the phone.. But at the middle of the operation. It returned a error message ' Failed (remote: Operation not permitted) '.. I have tried with different Gsis but all is the same.

i hope you were using the latest fastboot, you can get this from latest platform tool, check @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17104.html

(14-03-2021, 10:23 PM)Adewoyin Peter Tayo Hello sir. Another issue just popper up now.. I haven't seen it before.. Tee key not write Google key not write.. It happened that my device enter red state. So i used format all download.. Not I have this red text on my top right screen corner

if the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-287...#pid188826 doesn't work for you then contact your OEM, they should send you the sn writer tool / files needed to write back the original tee key
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-03-2021, 09:17 AM
(14-03-2021, 10:43 PM)Adewoyin Peter Tayo And sir, if i were to see another oukitel c21 , is there a particular patition i can back up and then flash it in my phone ...

backup from another device won't do you any good now, unless you made a full backup of your own device before now
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
15-03-2021, 10:48 AM
So contacting the OEM is the only thing i can do..
Pls Sir do you have any idea on how to go about it..
Are they just going to give me those files i need..
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-03-2021, 08:37 AM
(15-03-2021, 10:48 AM)Adewoyin Peter Tayo So contacting the OEM is the only thing i can do..
Pls Sir do you have any idea on how to go about it..
Are they just going to give me those files i need..

visit the official website and use the "contact us" link at the bottom
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
17-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Sir, i contacted my oem. They sent me the files i needed to fix it.. I have fix it. The reg error is gone and i have restored my original serial number.
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
Adewoyin Peter Tayo
17-03-2021, 06:57 PM

I will be more cautious in my future attempts...
Noe back to the initial issue. I still want to install gsi.. But for some unknown reasons my device is not allowing the installation to complete...
So now i have a different approach.. Is there a way to unpack the super.img and replace the system.img within it with a custom gsi, repack it flash it via sp tools..
Kindly let me know your opinion on it Sir
Pages (2): 1 2 Next