Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to bypass MTK SLA, DAA & SBC using UMT
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to bypass MTK SLA, DAA & SBC using UMT

[Tutorial] How to bypass MTK SLA, DAA & SBC using UMT

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-03-2021, 12:55 PM

This guide will explain how to bypass the need for a DA file (or auth) on Mediatek devices with Secure Boot using Ultimate Multi Tool (UMT) MTK

Requirements

Steps to use UMT to bypass Mediatek Secure Boot DA & Auth

Follow the steps below to use Ultimate Multi Tool (UMT) MTK to bypass DA and Auth on Mediatek secure boot devices

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/sJwnESo9768

1. Launch UMT MTK tool

[Image: How-to-use-UMT-to-bypass-Mediatek-Secure...uth-1.webp]

2. Ensure Use Disable Auth is ticked

[Image: How-to-use-UMT-to-bypass-Mediatek-Secure...uth-2.webp]

3. Either select your device and model under By Model or uncheck the box and choose your chipset and storage under By Platform. For this example, I'll just be reading info

[Image: How-to-use-UMT-to-bypass-Mediatek-Secure...uth-3.webp]

4. Connect the device to PC in VCOM BROM mode (i.e Mediatek USB Port)

[Image: How-to-use-UMT-to-bypass-Mediatek-Secure...uth-4.webp]

5. If all went well, you should see Disable Auth Success

[Image: How-to-use-UMT-to-bypass-Mediatek-Secure...uth-5.webp]

6. The read info (as in this example) should display the device's info

[Image: How-to-use-UMT-to-bypass-Mediatek-Secure...uth-6.webp]

Important Notice
This approach can be used to backup and flash also

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to bypass DA and auth on a Mediatek secure boot device using ultimate multi tool MTK or UMT. First, you need to have setup the tool. You also need to have installed the device (driver) filter for the device. I'll link to these. Now, once you've done these, you launch the tool. Alright, once it is up, I'll be doing a read info. Ensure you tick Use Disable Auth. Now, this device I'm using requires a preloader, a signed preloader for any operation so I need to load the preloader for the device. Now, you select how you wish to flash, whether by model or platform. I'll just disable by model and select my device's platform then storage type.

Alright, so now I'll just click on Read Info. Now you connect your device while in BROM...VCOM BROM. You would've known how to do that from the filter tutorial so just wait while the PC detects the device in VCOM BROM mode. You can see its detected and info will be displayed. You can see the bypass was successful. This device is a secure boot device but I can do all these without a DA and Auth. Alright. so that's how to bypass DA and Auth on a Mediatek secure boot device using UMT MTK
This post was last modified: 28-11-2023, 02:37 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.