Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android MTK phone bricked
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

MTK phone bricked

MTK phone bricked

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
19-04-2021, 04:34 PM

(19-04-2021, 10:09 AM)X3non
(17-04-2021, 11:30 PM)angelgar ...

ASW1102YF_2201_T0718
this firmware is the firmware with preloader and other files but gives the -verified error when flashing right?
and according to one of your earlier post, you were able to flash preloader from this firmware ; the post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-386...#pid212070

attach a full screenshot of the contents of this particular firmware ; upload the image to imgur.com
also try flashing each file one after the other then note the files that give the -verified error message

BTW seeing as your phone isn't totally dead, you should make a firmware dump ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html

first thank you very much for you time.
i have 2 difrent firmwares with the same number ASW1102YF_2201_T0718 one with all the files( i think) and one with some files missing so i am uploading the screenshot of the one with all the files i wasn't sure if you ment a screenshot of the folder or on sp flash tool so i did both.

what i have done now is flashed the preloader perfect no problem then i started to flash one by one all the files first i will list the files that i flashed succesfully ( recovery, efuse, boot, vendor, system, cache, and userdata)

these are the rest of the files and they all gave the verified enable boot error ( md1.img, spmfw, scp1, scp2, sspm1, sspm2, cam_vpu1, cam_vpu2, cam_vpu3, ik, ik2, logo, dtbo, tee1 and tee2)

so at this point because i have been able to flash some files i don't want to touch anything and mess things up, i will look into the firmware dump i haven't had a chance to see the link you gave me but i will.
Attached Files
.jpg
screenshot 2.jpg
Size: 278.03 KB / Downloads: 7
.jpg
screenshot ASW1102YF_2201_T0718.jpg
Size: 130.63 KB / Downloads: 7
.jpg
screenshot1.jpg
Size: 282.95 KB / Downloads: 7
.jpg
flash preloader succesfully.jpg
Size: 287.81 KB / Downloads: 6
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
19-04-2021, 10:35 PM
i tried to make a firmware dump with Wwr MTK and sp flash tool but on the first step i make an empty scatter file no problem i change the region to EMMC_BOOT_1 the physical_start_addr= to 0x0 and the partition_size to the one i copy from the scatter file from note pad ++ that is 0x80000 then i press read back and plug in the phone it starts but then it gives me a ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID (0xC0030004) the preloader file format is invalid! please retry another official load.

so i can't advance am i doing somthing wrong? or could it be somthing about the DA secure device i hear he said somthing about that but i don't understand what he is saying.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-04-2021, 10:41 AM
(19-04-2021, 10:35 PM)angelgar i tried to make a firmware dump with Wwr MTK and sp flash tool but on the first step i make an empty scatter file no problem i change the region to EMMC_BOOT_1 the physical_start_addr= to 0x0 and the partition_size to the one i copy from the scatter file from note pad ++ that is 0x80000 then i press read back and plug in the phone it starts but then it gives me a ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID (0xC0030004) the preloader file format is invalid! please retry another official load.

so i can't advance am i doing somthing wrong? or could it be somthing about the DA secure device i hear he said somthing about that but i don't understand what he is saying.

you need to add a file location for preloader (use the preloader file you flashed) into the download tab before proceeding with the backup. refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

when backup is complete then retry flashing the firmware in your screenshot above using "firmware upgrade" option or format all + download i.e open the dropdown box for "download only" and select either of two i mentioned
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
20-04-2021, 07:05 PM
(17-04-2021, 11:30 PM)angelgar i have tried to get in touch with oukitel but i am having trouble because they are asking for purchase number when i bought it but i didn't buy it through oukitel i bought it online but on another web page so i suppose thats why they are not answering but i will keep trying.
anyway thanks for your time and help.

Actually if you can show them the warantee card matching with the serial number of your device, Oukitel cares should accept your phone repairs under warrantee.

Anyways I just got an idea to boot your system by flashing GSI ROMs. Assuming that your device's firmware still works well. But you need to unlock your bootloader first.
If you wanna try this way, you need to follow this link below to unlock bootloader. (Follow method 3)
https://androidgreek.com/how-to-unlock-b...ice-guide/

This link below explains how to flash GSI ROMs.
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-gen...le-device/

This link below for download GSI ROMs. Try phhusson's GSI ROMs with GAPPS first.
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...SI%29-list
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...s/releases

If you succeed in flashing GSI ROMs, you device should boot and works well just like Stock ROM.

Any questions are welcome.
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
21-04-2021, 12:38 PM

(20-04-2021, 07:05 PM)siamese007
(17-04-2021, 11:30 PM)angelgar i have tried to get in touch with oukitel but i am having trouble because they are asking for purchase number when i bought it but i didn't buy it through oukitel i bought it online but on another web page so i suppose thats why they are not answering but i will keep trying.
anyway thanks for your time and help.

Actually if you can show them the warantee card matching with the serial number of your device, Oukitel cares should accept your phone repairs under warrantee.

Anyways I just got an idea to boot your system by flashing GSI ROMs. Assuming that your device's firmware still works well. But you need to unlock your bootloader first.
If you wanna try this way, you need to follow this link below to unlock bootloader. (Follow method 3)
https://androidgreek.com/how-to-unlock-b...ice-guide/

This link below explains how to flash GSI ROMs.
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-gen...le-device/

This link below for download GSI ROMs. Try phhusson's GSI ROMs with GAPPS first.
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...SI%29-list
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...s/releases

If you succeed in flashing GSI ROMs, you device should boot and works well just like Stock ROM.

Any questions are welcome.

flashing a GSI ROM could be a good solution but again one of my problems is a locked bootloader wich i can't unlock i can't even conect the device to th pc with ADM because my phone is dead no boot no screen no light nothing and the first step is:Method 1: Turn off OEM Lock from Developer mode
First thing first, You need to enable the Developer Mode on your device.
i can't do that. but thanks for keep giving me ideas if you have any more please let me know.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
21-04-2021, 01:05 PM
(21-04-2021, 12:38 PM)angelgar flashing a GSI ROM could be a good solution but again one of my problems is a locked bootloader wich i can't unlock i can't even conect the device to th pc with ADM because my phone is dead no boot no screen no light nothing and the first step is:Method 1: Turn off OEM Lock from Developer mode
i can't do that. but thanks for keep giving me ideas if you have any more please let me know.

Can you access bootloader by holding volume up or down when you first boot the device?
If you can access bootloader from holding volume up or down, you don't need to turn on OEM Unlock in Developer mode in order to unlock bootloader for some MTK devices. I used to unlock bootloader of Teclast T30 and M30 Pro without entering the system. Just boot up and hold volume up and choose fastboot mode to enter bootloader. In some MTK devices, entering bootloader by holding volume down. After that I can run ./fastboot oem unlocking or other unlocking commands this way.
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
21-04-2021, 02:15 PM
(20-04-2021, 10:41 AM)X3non
(19-04-2021, 10:35 PM)angelgar i tried to make a firmware dump with Wwr MTK and sp flash tool but on the first step i make an empty scatter file no problem i change the region to EMMC_BOOT_1 the physical_start_addr= to 0x0 and the partition_size to the one i copy from the scatter file from note pad ++ that is 0x80000 then i press read back and plug in the phone it starts but then it gives me a ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID (0xC0030004) the preloader file format is invalid! please retry another official load.

you need to add a file location for preloader (use the preloader file you flashed) into the download tab before proceeding with the backup. refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

when backup is complete then retry flashing the firmware in your screenshot above using "firmware upgrade" option or format all + download i.e open the dropdown box for "download only" and select either of two i mentioned

i did as you said and used the preloader file that i flashed previosly then went on with the backup so EMMC_BOOT1 backedup no problem PGPT backed up no problem but when i tried to back up EMMC_USER it starts ok but when on 4% it starts conecting on and off bleep ....bleep
it also gave me ( ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID (0xC0030004) the preloader file is invalid! please try another official load.)

so flashed preloader from firmware ASW1102YF_2201 T0735 instead of (ASW1102YF_2201_T0718)
flashed succesfully and started the whole procces again with Wwr tool and sp flash tool and the same story made empty scatter file backed up EMMC_BOOT1 and PGPT no problem but when i tried to back up EMMC_USER this time not even 4% it starts diconecting and conecting to the point that when i unplug usb from device the sp flash tool freezes not responding and have to close it.

i also tried to flash the firmware after backing up i tried with upgrade opcion and format all+ download but still gives me the ( ERROR: STATUS_SEC_PUBK_AUTH_MISMATCH_N (0xC002001B) verified boot is enabled. please download signed image (md1.img-verified.img) or disable verified boot.

is there any way to disable verified boot on a hard bricked device? or get around it?
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
21-04-2021, 02:27 PM
(21-04-2021, 01:05 PM)siamese007
(21-04-2021, 12:38 PM)angelgar flashing a GSI ROM could be a good solution but again one of my problems is a locked bootloader wich i can't unlock i can't even conect the device to th pc with ADM because my phone is dead no boot no screen no light nothing and the first step is:Method 1: Turn off OEM Lock from Developer mode

Can you access bootloader by holding volume up or down when you first boot the device?
If you can access bootloader from holding volume up or down, you don't need to turn on OEM Unlock in Developer mode in order to unlock bootloader for some MTK devices. I used to unlock bootloader of Teclast T30 and M30 Pro without entering the system. Just boot up and hold volume up and choose fastboot mode to enter bootloader. In some MTK devices, entering bootloader by holding volume down. After that I can run ./fastboot oem unlocking or other unlocking commands this way.

no i can't access bootloader in any way the phone will not boot it doesn't turn on at all.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-04-2021, 07:27 PM
(21-04-2021, 02:15 PM)angelgar ...
i also tried to flash the firmware after backing up i tried with upgrade opcion and format all+ download but still gives me the ( ERROR: STATUS_SEC_PUBK_AUTH_MISMATCH_N (0xC002001B) verified boot is enabled. please download signed image (md1.img-verified.img) or disable verified boot.

is there any way to disable verified boot on a hard bricked device? or get around it?

at this stage it's pointless to make a backup seeing as you've already used the format all option
after using this option, try flashing the files within the firmware one after the other
This post was last modified: 21-04-2021, 07:34 PM by X3non.
angelgar
angelgar
angelgar
24-04-2021, 11:25 PM

(21-04-2021, 07:27 PM)X3non
(21-04-2021, 02:15 PM)angelgar ...

at this stage it's pointless to make a backup seeing as you've already used the format all option
after using this option, try flashing the files within the firmware one after the other

i tried to flash the files one by one and i was able to flash some files but the others gave me the
ERROR: STATUS_SEC_PUBK_AUTH_MISMATCH_N(0xC002001B) verified boot is enabled. please download signed image(md1img-verified.img) or disable verified boot.
the files i was able to flash correctly are ( recovery, efuse, boot, system, cache and userdata
but still not able to turn on the phone still dead Sad
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next