Hovatek Forum HARDWARE SIM / Network unlock Run Huawei E5573/5577 without a battery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Run Huawei E5573/5577 without a battery

Run Huawei E5573/5577 without a battery

chyonUl
chyonUl
chyonUl
Enthusiastic Member
21-04-2021, 10:20 PM

This method involves replacing your easy to wear out regular battery with a circuit the fools the modem into thinking it still has its battery.

Prerequisites
==========
1. Hot air gun
2. 10Ω , ½w resistor
3. 10KΩ , ½w resistor
4. 16v 1,000µF electrolytic capacitor

Circuit
======

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9021]

List of components (works with ZTE MF90)
=================================

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9022]

The choice of using 15 X (33µF) that are a sweet 4mm by 4mm each in dimension came from the fact that the battery compartment is really minimal and not too many components can be packed inside which fits flawlessly inside any Huawei E55XX modem but doesn't deliver enough startup current to see the modem through the boot cycle but works for ZTE MF90, others get stuck in a boot loop. hence you would need to replace such a bank with a single 1,000µF electrolytic capacitor.

15 X (33µF) = 495µF but the below bank registered 510µF on my R.M.S multimeter most likely due to manufacturer inconsistencies of some being higher than 33µF. I couldn't find any of this size that were 66µF which would have been perfect for this project (no back cover mod needed as will be seen much later in this tutorial)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9023]

Procedure
========
The connections are done with the below pictorial guide. Duly note pin 3 is never used in the battery connector terminals. The resistors have been covered with heat shrink to avoid shorting or malfunction:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9024]

As I said this will work with ZTE MF 90 but to get it to work with the Huawei E55XX series that bank needs to be at the least 1,000µF or higher hence the need for a hot air gun comes in. This is necessitated by the need to close the components neatly inside the battery compartment.
Set the hot air gun to 230°C, take the back cover and choose a spot on it that will house a single 1,000µF electrolytic capacitor.
This capacitor would normally have a dimension diameter of about 1cm. So you'll be placing it on a flat perfectly even surface.

Look for a Bic cristal ballpoint pen and sacrifice its outer plastic cover to test if the temp from the gun is too high by attempting to heat it until it softens and begins to deform. If it does not smoke or rapidly form a hole while hovering and running it over the surface with the gun nozzle (don't concentrate on one spot with the gun nozzle), it is ready to be used on the modem cover but if it smokes heavily or forms soot at the point of hot air contact, you will need to dial down the temp until all that happens is melting/deforming without smoke and soot.

The best spot is usually on the center spot on inside of the back cover. It normally has the widest area for any component that's to be housed inside the battery component and is far from the clip on fasteners on the back cover hence they won't be deformed rendering the back cover useless. When heating the surface of the area to form a pocket on the modem cover, once you notice a change from a matte finish to a shinny sheen surface as you heat it, quickly press the capacitor in with pressure from your fingers surrounding the capacitor all around it on the flat even surface until the edges of the back cover touches the even surface (in my case the red surface shown) all around without any part lifting in any side or corner, do this repeatedly if it doesn't fully form with one try. Also note that the back cover will be hot so you might need some thermal gloves if you are sensitive to high heat. This is to ensure the clip on fasteners won't get overly stressed by the capacitor when you try to close it in with the back cover. The idea is to form a depression pocket on the inside of the back cover that allows the extra size of the capacitor to be locked into the battery compartment without any stress as seen below:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9025]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9026]

I guess it's a small price to pay aesthetically but the gains are greater than the losses when you can actually get a 20,000mAH battery and spend 2 weeks in remote areas with absolutely no signal/performance drop or worry about running out or the battery swelling. You also do not tamper with the firmware hence it remains intact and compatible as before with your carrier.

I have mine suspended on a phone holder as it powers off a charger hence the capacitor bulge isn't an issue and especially that it's matte black hence it isn't that noticeable. Should the need arise to have the back cover return to its original flat shape, just heat the surface evenly with the hot air gun, it will automatically return to its original flat even shape, I had this experience while trying to form a deep enough pocket for the capacitor at the 2nd and 3rd try.

Issues
======
If the modem gets into a boot loop, check your charging cable or the current being delivered by the charger (it will be too low) or confirm the total Capacitance offered by your Cap bank, it's likely it's not totalling to 1,000µF. I have noticed Huawei chargers perform better than any other brand chargers but as long as it can deliver an amp or more, it should be fine.
If the modem flashes battery error codes, it's likely your R1 and R2 are swapped or mismatched in connection or pin 3 has been used or there is a dry joint in your circuit. Take the circuit apart and test for proper connectivity and contact.
Attached Files
.png
RC_circuit_diagram.PNG
Size: 272.68 KB / Downloads: 323
.png
Components.PNG
Size: 341.39 KB / Downloads: 301
.png
Cap Bank.PNG
Size: 345.95 KB / Downloads: 295
.png
Connection_Layout.PNG
Size: 355.89 KB / Downloads: 302
.png
Cover2.PNG
Size: 307.56 KB / Downloads: 287
.png
Cover1.PNG
Size: 241.32 KB / Downloads: 292
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-04-2021, 09:56 AM
Thanks for sharing

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Moesh
Moesh
Moesh
23-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Thank you for sharing!
My E5573's battery is so swollen that the back cover of the modem can't even click on properly anymore.
Gonna try your mod as soon as I can find the components.
chyonUl
chyonUl
chyonUl
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2021, 08:40 AM
(23-04-2021, 09:56 AM)hovatek Thanks for sharing

You're welcome.
chyonUl
chyonUl
chyonUl
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2021, 08:42 AM

(23-04-2021, 03:16 PM)Moesh Thank you for sharing!
My E5573's battery is so swollen that the back cover of the modem can't even click on properly anymore.
Gonna try your mod as soon as I can find the components.

It's quick and easy and gives you a peace of mind never having to worry about that unreliable battery. You can recover the shape of your back cover using a hot air gun with the right temp.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
17-03-2022, 07:43 PM
Thank you for sharing Smile Also I did a little bit of modification. I wasn't getting enough power to keep the E5573s running, so all I did was I soldered a usb cable to the +ve and -ve pins. And it works Smile

I have attached my modification. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20220318_000649.jpg
Size: 512.17 KB / Downloads: 77
.jpg
IMG_20220318_000705.jpg
Size: 872.02 KB / Downloads: 77
throttlenerd
throttlenerd
throttlenerd
02-04-2022, 11:16 AM
Awesome, thank you! Used 11kOhhm instead of 10k and 25V cap instead of 16V -- works perfectly with E5577s-321!
rajeevkk
rajeevkk
rajeevkk
08-05-2022, 12:23 PM
(02-04-2022, 11:16 AM)throttlenerd Awesome, thank you! Used 11kOhhm instead of 10k and 25V cap instead of 16V -- works perfectly with E5577s-321!

HI,
Please share the components
zbirsamir
zbirsamir
zbirsamir
28-05-2022, 03:14 PM
Huwaei unlock
Imei 866887020063510
Model E5575s-210