Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Unknown USB device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Unknown USB device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Unknown USB device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Barel
Barel
Barel
25-04-2021, 01:59 PM

When I'm connecting my dead mtk device the pc can't recognize it(it says "Unknown USB device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)")
therefore I can't start with unbrick process, sp flash tool doesn't recognize the device and I'm stuck.
I tried to reinstall drivers so I deactivated windows 10 digital signature enforcement and installed the VCOM drivers.
this didn't fixed the problem.
I also tried multiple drivers from multiple source on the internet(also tried the EXE that installs automatically)
I tried different pcs(all of them Windows 10)
I tried to plug in the device during pressing all buttons in order to enter META mode
When I open USBDEVIEW software I can't see any mediatek drivers although that they were installed successfully.
I also tried to tell windows to skip the device descriptor requesting process by setting REGISTRY entry in USBFLAGS

I don't know what to do next. I need your help.
Attached Files
.jpg
wx_camera_1619351364368.jpg
Size: 911.44 KB / Downloads: 2
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
25-04-2021, 07:04 PM
(25-04-2021, 01:59 PM)Barel When I'm connecting my dead mtk device the pc can't recognize it(it says "Unknown USB device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)")
therefore I can't start with unbrick process, sp flash tool doesn't recognize the device and I'm stuck.
I tried to reinstall drivers so I deactivated windows 10 digital signature enforcement and installed the VCOM drivers.
this didn't fixed the problem.
I also tried multiple drivers from multiple source on the internet(also tried the EXE that installs automatically)
I tried different pcs(all of them Windows 10)
I tried to plug in the device during pressing all buttons in order to enter META mode
When I open USBDEVIEW software I can't see any mediatek drivers although that they were installed successfully.
I also tried to tell windows to skip the device descriptor requesting process by setting REGISTRY entry in USBFLAGS

I don't know what to do next. I need your help.
disconnect and reconnect battery and try again if it doesn't work then check your phone usb port.
This post was last modified: 25-04-2021, 07:07 PM by Abdulakeem14.