Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Wiko Red EIO mode
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Wiko Red EIO mode

Wiko Red EIO mode

Killswitch
Killswitch
Killswitch
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2021, 02:59 PM

Good afternoon and, all hail the leader of the MTK kingdom. My subject is a Wiko U307 that uses MT6739 and Android 9. After going into Orange state and disabling dm verity (AVB) I decided to flash the GSI Havoc 2.9 onto my Wiko using Fastboot. It should be noted that I am NOT rooted. The GSI wouldn't boot and I remained Orange and still had stock recovery. I tried another Havoc 2.9 on Fastboot and. same results. So, using SP Flash Tool I went and attempted to flash the Backup into the U307 and, unfortunately wound up in the RED state. By the way, I'm a Certified Tech and, have never seen that happen. i've tried flashing an empty vb meta with that command and, it didn't help. I appeal to your expertise for a reasonable option Will I be needing a signed vb meta on a unit that does NOT have Secured Boot ? Failing AVB is a tricky issue. Perhaps you know of a slick,quick way to bridge outta the Red mode. And, by the way. thanx for your time, patience and almost infinite wisdom. Have a very goodday!
Killswitch
Killswitch
Killswitch
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2021, 03:01 PM
Good afternoon and, all hail the leader of the MTK kingdom. My subject is a Wiko U307 that uses MT6739 and Android 9. After going into Orange state and disabling dm verity (AVB) I decided to flash the GSI Havoc 2.9 onto my Wiko using Fastboot. It should be noted that I am NOT rooted. The GSI wouldn't boot and I remained Orange and still had stock recovery. I tried another Havoc 2.9 on Fastboot and. same results. So, using SP Flash Tool I went and attempted to flash the Backup into the U307 and, unfortunately wound up in the RED state. By the way, I'm a Certified Tech and, have never seen that happen. i've tried flashing an empty vb meta with that command and, it didn't help. I appeal to your expertise for a reasonable option Will I be needing a signed vb meta on a unit that does NOT have Secured Boot ? Failing AVB is a tricky issue. Perhaps you know of a slick,quick way to bridge outta the Red mode. And, by the way. thanx for your time, patience and almost infinite wisdom. Have a very goodday!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2021, 10:30 AM
(18-05-2021, 02:59 PM)Killswitch Good afternoon and, all hail the leader of the MTK kingdom. My subject is a Wiko U307 that uses MT6739 and Android 9. After going into Orange state and disabling dm verity (AVB) I decided to flash the GSI Havoc 2.9 onto my Wiko using Fastboot. It should be noted that I am NOT rooted. The GSI wouldn't boot and I remained Orange and still had stock recovery. I tried another Havoc 2.9 on Fastboot and. same results. So, using SP Flash Tool I went and attempted to flash the Backup into the U307 and, unfortunately wound up in the RED state. By the way, I'm a Certified Tech and, have never seen that happen. i've tried flashing an empty vb meta with that command and, it didn't help. I appeal to your expertise for a reasonable option Will I be needing a signed vb meta on a unit that does NOT have Secured Boot ? Failing AVB is a tricky issue. Perhaps you know of a slick,quick way to bridge outta the Red mode. And, by the way. thanx for your time, patience and almost infinite wisdom. Have a very goodday!

which backup did you flash using spft? where / how did you get the backup?
have you tried flashing stock firmware?
Killswitch
Killswitch
Killswitch
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2021, 01:02 PM
(19-05-2021, 10:30 AM)X3non
(18-05-2021, 02:59 PM)Killswitch Good afternoon and, all hail the leader of the MTK kingdom. My subject is a Wiko U307 that uses MT6739 and Android 9. After going into Orange state and disabling dm verity (AVB) I decided to flash the GSI Havoc 2.9 onto my Wiko using Fastboot. It should be noted that I am NOT rooted. The GSI wouldn't boot and I remained Orange and still had stock recovery. I tried another Havoc 2.9 on Fastboot and. same results. So, using SP Flash Tool I went and attempted to flash the Backup into the U307 and, unfortunately wound up in the RED state. By the way, I'm a Certified Tech and, have never seen that happen. i've tried flashing an empty vb meta with that command and, it didn't help. I appeal to your expertise for a reasonable option Will I be needing a signed vb meta on a unit that does NOT have Secured Boot ? Failing AVB is a tricky issue. Perhaps you know of a slick,quick way to bridge outta the Red mode. And, by the way. thanx for your time, patience and almost infinite wisdom. Have a very goodday!

which backup did you flash using spft? where / how did you get the backup?
have you tried flashing stock firmware?
Killswitch
Killswitch
Killswitch
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2021, 01:23 PM

I compiled the backup directly from the same unit using WWR. And, after unlocking the bootloader (going orange) and disabling AVB, that should never, ever happen. I let another CET look at the backup and phone and, he suggested that Android 9 doesn't even want its users flashing even the direct stock firmware back into their phones. He aid that the phone is unrootable and, I find that difficult to believe. I'm hoping that you can utilize Remote Control and, apply a hands-on approach. Your team knows more about this Wiko U307AS than I do. I will be needing some of your skill to debug this unit. Get back to me at your convenience and, have a goodday.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2021, 07:39 PM
(19-05-2021, 01:23 PM)Killswitch I compiled the backup directly from the same unit using WWR. And, after unlocking the bootloader (going orange) and disabling AVB, that should never, ever happen. I let another CET look at the backup and phone and, he suggested that Android 9 doesn't even want its users flashing even the direct stock firmware back into their phones. He aid that the phone is unrootable and, I find that difficult to believe. I'm hoping that you can utilize Remote Control and, apply a hands-on approach. Your team knows more about this Wiko U307AS than I do. I will be needing some of your skill to debug this unit. Get back to me at your convenience and, have a goodday.

you made the backup after unlocking bootloader and flashing vbmeta? this isn't entirely stock now
can you get access to another u307as?
Killswitch
Killswitch
Killswitch
Enthusiastic Member
25-05-2021, 08:08 PM
Yes, I was fortunate enuf to get a brand new U307AS and, even without activation, enabled the USB debug and, that's it. Did a backup using WWR and, flashed it on SPFT (download only) and. no change. The only error was that Status was too large which I assume isn't an actual error, just a notice. Like I've said, if you're comfy with doing Remote Control, you can run it and find the glitch. This kind of Security using Android 9 is factually beyond belief. I've flashed apprx. 20 phones and, this is the best Security that I've ever seen. One of my associates suggested that I talk to Tinno in China, the actual manufacturers. However, this is lukewarm tampering and, they will never cooperate. This is close to becoming an obsession and, I want to succeed. Get back to me at your convenience. Thanx again !
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-05-2021, 10:18 AM
(25-05-2021, 08:08 PM)Killswitch Yes, I was fortunate enuf to get a brand new U307AS and, even without activation, enabled the USB debug and, that's it. Did a backup using WWR and, flashed it on SPFT (download only) and. no change. The only error was that Status was too large which I assume isn't an actual error, just a notice.

did you flash all files from the wwr dump successfully? if yes then ensure to factory reset in recovery mode
attach a full screenshot of the error message

(25-05-2021, 08:08 PM)Killswitch Like I've said, if you're comfy with doing Remote Control, you can run it and find the glitch.

see https://www.hovatek.com/remote/

(25-05-2021, 08:08 PM)Killswitch This kind of Security using Android 9 is factually beyond belief. I've flashed apprx. 20 phones and, this is the best Security that I've ever seen. One of my associates suggested that I talk to Tinno in China, the actual manufacturers. However, this is lukewarm tampering and, they will never cooperate. This is close to becoming an obsession and, I want to succeed. Get back to me at your convenience. Thanx again !

if you were to contact the oem, maybe you can ask for factory firmware
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-06-2021, 03:25 PM
(18-05-2021, 02:59 PM)Killswitch .. So, using SP Flash Tool I went and attempted to flash the Backup into the U307 and, unfortunately wound up in the RED state.

This is expected with most recent Android versions; especially when you flash a backed up preloader. They don't play too nice with backups, a factory / signed firmware is usually a better bet.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.