Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How to deactivate AVB 1.0 in Oreo
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How to deactivate AVB 1.0 in Oreo

How to deactivate AVB 1.0 in Oreo

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
02-06-2021, 10:05 AM

(31-05-2021, 05:45 AM)vpolinov Hi, am I right no more ideas?

(bootloader) Verity mode: true

This seems like a good place to start from
Code:

fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Does any work using your stock vbmeta?

Did you try a GSI? It would be interesting to see how this model responds to a GSI
This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 10:14 AM by maxpayne.
vpolinov
vpolinov
vpolinov
02-06-2021, 06:45 PM
del....
This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 06:48 PM by vpolinov.
vpolinov
vpolinov
vpolinov
02-06-2021, 06:47 PM
(02-06-2021, 10:05 AM)maxpayne Does any work using your stock vbmeta?

I mentioned (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-391...#pid213971) that there is no vbmeta image in my a8.1 ROM.

I think, there's enough materials in i-net mentioning that AVB 1.0, unlike AVB 2.0, does not utilize vbmeta.

On top of it: vendor implemented fastboot in a very nasty manner: fastboot refuses to run flash commands. The only way for me to flash any partition is by using QFIL flasher.
This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 01:31 PM by vpolinov.
vpolinov
vpolinov
vpolinov
02-06-2021, 06:49 PM
(02-06-2021, 10:05 AM)maxpayne Did you try a GSI? It would be interesting to see how this model responds to a GSI

No, I did not try GSI because I do not know where to find GSI for my deeply-truly china phone.

Made a guick google search fo 'GSI' and immediatelly stumbled upon 'building GSI'. No, I'm not THAT much into linux to learn deemly building methods in linux following thousands of incoherent scrappy linux "manuals" from i-net.
This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 08:04 AM by vpolinov.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
03-06-2021, 01:40 PM

(02-06-2021, 06:47 PM)vpolinov I mentioned (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-391...#pid213971) that there is no vbmeta image in my a8.1 ROM.

I think, there's enough materials in i-net mentioning that AVB 1.0, unlike AVB 2.0, does not utilize vbmeta.

On top of it: vendor implemented fastboot in a very nasty manner: fastboot refuses to run flash commands. The only way for me to flash any partition is by using QFIL flasher.

I read in your OP that your model has vbmeta partition. The flashing of the vbmeta (stock or blank) wasn't really the main goal, it was the flags; hence the suggestion
This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 01:41 PM by maxpayne.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
03-06-2021, 01:48 PM
(02-06-2021, 06:49 PM)vpolinov No, I did not try GSI because I do not know where to find GSI for my deeply-truly china phone.

Made a guick google search fo 'GSI' and immediatelly stumbled upon 'building GSI'. No, I'm not THAT much into linux to learn deemly building methods in linux following thousands of incoherent scrappy linux "manuals" from i-net.

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...SI%29-list

Partition style and architecture
vpolinov
vpolinov
vpolinov
04-06-2021, 05:49 AM
(03-06-2021, 01:48 PM)maxpayne https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...SI%29-list

Partition style and architecture

I opened this link and downloaded 3 system.img images I could find for A-only devices: BootleggersROM / DU / TreskmodGSI

Are you saying that AVB 1.0 mechanism is implemented in system partition in Oreo? And if I flash any of these system.img's it might help me somehow(?) so that my device will not go to Reg State at the very beginning of boot process?

Let me remind my problem: if I flash boot.img patched by Magist - it is a Red State on my device. If I flash any custom recovery - it is either Red State or fastboot. Magisk reports that my boot.img is signed with AVB 1.0. I trust to what Magisk says so, very naturally, I'm in search of a method to deactivate AVB 1.0 on my device. Hence this thread.

You suggest that AVB 1.0 can be removed/disabled if I try to flash GSI system.img?
This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 06:05 AM by vpolinov.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
04-06-2021, 06:32 PM
(04-06-2021, 05:49 AM)vpolinov I opened this link and downloaded 3 system.img images I could find for A-only devices: BootleggersROM / DU / TreskmodGSI

Are you saying that AVB 1.0 mechanism is implemented in system partition in Oreo? And if I flash any of these system.img's it might help me somehow(?) so that my device will not go to Reg State at the very beginning of boot process?

Let me remind my problem: if I flash boot.img patched by Magist - it is a Red State on my device. If I flash any custom recovery - it is either Red State or fastboot. Magisk reports that my boot.img is signed with AVB 1.0. I trust to what Magisk says so, very naturally, I'm in search of a method to deactivate AVB 1.0 on my device. Hence this thread.

You suggest that AVB 1.0 can be removed/disabled if I try to flash GSI system.img?

AVB tends to be less strict with modifications to system compared to the likes of boot and recovery. The idea here is to see how it reacts to the GSI, then we can expand if it goes well.
vpolinov
vpolinov
vpolinov
05-06-2021, 06:24 AM
(04-06-2021, 06:32 PM)maxpayne
(04-06-2021, 05:49 AM)vpolinov I opened this link and downloaded 3 system.img images I could find for A-only devices: BootleggersROM / DU / TreskmodGSI

AVB tends to be less strict with modifications to system compared to the likes of boot and recovery. The idea here is to see how it reacts to the GSI, then we can expand if it goes well.

All 3 mentoned GSI images of system made the phone to fall to fastboot mode.

I found it long ago that AVB 1.0 of my phone is more tolerant to system.img modifications: I can remove any apk I want from stock system.img and I can add any new apk, doing the edit in linux. After that I can flash modified system without any warnings from my device. Probably, AVB is not set to check system partition at all.
This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 06:28 AM by vpolinov.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
13-06-2021, 07:32 AM

(05-06-2021, 06:24 AM)vpolinov All 3 mentoned GSI images of system made the phone to fall to fastboot mode.

I found it long ago that AVB 1.0 of my phone is more tolerant to system.img modifications: I can remove any apk I want from stock system.img and I can add any new apk, doing the edit in linux. After that I can flash modified system without any warnings from my device. Probably, AVB is not set to check system partition at all.

Since your phone accepts a modified stock system.img, it means none of the 3 GSIs was compatible. That's the thing about GSIs, you probably have to try a lot till one works
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next