Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Oukitel WP10 won't boot after flashing stock firmware using SP Flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Oukitel WP10 won't boot after flashing stock firmware using SP Flash

[Please help] Oukitel WP10 won't boot after flashing stock firmware using SP Flash

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-05-2021, 12:09 PM

(27-05-2021, 09:46 PM)Gabira Oukitel wp10 is treble based. so i should be able to flash like havoc os on there right? is there a way to do that with sp flash tool?

you'd need to unlock bootloader before flashing gsi and unlocking bootloader requires fastboot and the device to be able to boot to homescreen
Gabira
Gabira
Gabira
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2021, 01:46 AM
(28-05-2021, 12:09 PM)X3non
(27-05-2021, 09:46 PM)Gabira Oukitel wp10 is treble based. so i should be able to flash like havoc os on there right? is there a way to do that with sp flash tool?

you'd need to unlock bootloader before flashing gsi and unlocking bootloader requires fastboot and the device to be able to boot to homescreen

would bootloader still be unlocked if i unlocked it before brick or does flashing stock with sp flash tool relock it? cuz i had previously unlocked it, i just dont know to how to flash a gsi rom using sp flash tool since gsi roms have no scatter file im aware of.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-05-2021, 10:06 AM
(31-05-2021, 01:46 AM)Gabira would bootloader still be unlocked if i unlocked it before brick or does flashing stock with sp flash tool relock it? cuz i had previously unlocked it

it'll most likely be locked

(31-05-2021, 01:46 AM)Gabira i just dont know to how to flash a gsi rom using sp flash tool since gsi roms have no scatter file im aware of.

firstly, i mentioned about bootloader needing to be unlocked
2nd, there's no guarantees that whatever gsi you choose will work for your device
3rd, android 10 has super, meaning you'll need to unpack / repack super to replace system.img within super before attempting to flash ; there's still no guarantee that you will do this correctly
in essence, fix your device first before you consider trying out gsi roms
Gabira
Gabira
Gabira
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2021, 06:53 PM
(31-05-2021, 10:06 AM)X3non
(31-05-2021, 01:46 AM)Gabira would bootloader still be unlocked if i unlocked it before brick or does flashing stock with sp flash tool relock it? cuz i had previously unlocked it

it'll most likely be locked

(31-05-2021, 01:46 AM)Gabira i just dont know to how to flash a gsi rom using sp flash tool since gsi roms have no scatter file im aware of.

firstly, i mentioned about bootloader needing to be unlocked
2nd, there's no guarantees that whatever gsi you choose will work for your device
3rd, android 10 has super, meaning you'll need to unpack / repack super to replace system.img within super before attempting to flash ; there's still no guarantee that you will do this correctly
in essence, fix your device first before you consider trying out gsi roms

youre not gonna believe this but, using this method, i have managed to get phone to boot to blank black screen, vibrate at some point during power cycle, and im pretty sure it has also unlocked bootloader (method is supposed to bypass spflash SLA and DLA authentication). im gonna try to flash stock again i guess. making progress it seems!

do u have any suggestions going forward?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-06-2021, 12:00 PM

(31-05-2021, 06:53 PM)Gabira youre not gonna believe this but, using this method, i have managed to get phone to boot to blank black screen, vibrate at some point during power cycle, and im pretty sure it has also unlocked bootloader (method is supposed to bypass spflash SLA and DLA authentication). im gonna try to flash stock again i guess. making progress it seems!

do u have any suggestions going forward?

blank black screen? do you hear the boot sound? do you see the bootlogo after the initial vibration when you press the power button
unlocking bootloader is different from bypassing mtk secure boot btw
Pages (2): Previous 1 2