Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Need Help: device Meizu M8, bootloop and no recovery mode with locked bootloader
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Need Help: device Meizu M8, bootloop and no recovery mode with locked bootloader

Need Help: device Meizu M8, bootloop and no recovery mode with locked bootloader

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
papapipizola
papapipizola
papapipizola
31-05-2021, 07:03 AM

Dear Anyone,

Need your help...
My device is Meizu M813H.
Current condition is bootloop with no recovery mode, locked bootloader.
But, I can access the fastboot mode.
Please, teach and advice how to make the device work normal again.
Tried to unlock bootloader via fastboot, failed.
Tried to flash via SP Tool, the scatter file from update.zip is invalid. Tried using scatter file from other device with same SoC, it ask for auth file
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-05-2021, 10:01 AM
(31-05-2021, 07:03 AM)papapipizola Dear Anyone,

Need your help...
Tried to flash via SP Tool, the scatter file from update.zip is invalid. Tried using scatter file from other device with same SoC, it ask for auth file

found scatter file firmware @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fy8chM-...gyRfq/view
you're to use mtk bypass method to flash @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html ; disables the need for da and auth
papapipizola
papapipizola
papapipizola
31-05-2021, 11:32 AM
(31-05-2021, 10:01 AM)X3non
(31-05-2021, 07:03 AM)papapipizola Dear Anyone,

Need your help...

found scatter file firmware @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fy8chM-...gyRfq/view
you're to use mtk bypass method to flash @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html ; disables the need for da and auth
I'll try this, and will inform you the resul
papapipizola
papapipizola
papapipizola
01-06-2021, 12:28 AM
Because the boot file is verified, custom and dev-info cannot be use because the verified file is not available. So, it must be unchecked.
Process run smooth, and it's done.
But, it still cannot go to recovery mode. Even to normal boot it-self, after the meizu logo appears, the flyme logo not appears and directly go-to fastboot mode.
Any idea about what happened, what should I do next?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-06-2021, 12:13 PM

(01-06-2021, 12:28 AM)papapipizola Because the boot file is verified, custom and dev-info cannot be use because the verified file is not available. So, it must be unchecked.
Process run smooth, and it's done.
But, it still cannot go to recovery mode. Even to normal boot it-self, after the meizu logo appears, the flyme logo not appears and directly go-to fastboot mode.
Any idea about what happened, what should I do next?

so you only unticked custom and dev-info while flashing?
try running the command "fastboot -w" when in fastboot, it should attempt to factory reset the device then confirm if it boots to homescreen
papapipizola
papapipizola
papapipizola
01-06-2021, 04:11 PM
I haven't try to update or flash with fastboot.
I'll try with fastboot later.
But from the file Meizu version on the firmware, it written 810 which is model for Meizu m8c.
Is it possible, flashing with SP Flash Tool successful but still bootloop because the firmware is for another model with different chipset?
papapipizola
papapipizola
papapipizola
02-06-2021, 09:47 AM
Fastboot -w to clear cache and data is not working because the bootloader locked.
Fastboot mode (ADB) & bypass with python (MTK USB) is using different driver to communicate.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-06-2021, 06:14 AM
(02-06-2021, 09:47 AM)papapipizola Fastboot -w to clear cache and data is not working because the bootloader locked.
Fastboot mode (ADB) & bypass with python (MTK USB) is using different driver to communicate.

What version of SP flash tool are you using?
Try wiping userdata and cache using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
papapipizola
papapipizola
papapipizola
06-06-2021, 12:17 AM
SP Flash Tool 5.2104 and Transsion.
With SP Flash Tool, with untick the preloader, custom and devinfo status OK. But still cannot boot.
Then I try to format whole, and flashing the preloader, after that flashing the other file. But still cannot boot, only display meizu logo and end up in fastboot mode.
And the I try with Transsion, the flash while writing boot at 20% with the error brom binded.
Now the phone is dead boot.
I see your blog about using the SP Flash Tool advance mode by using shortcuts ctrl+alt+v to format the partition. But, unfortunately it's advance mode not showing.
Is there's any chance to revive the phone back to life?
papapipizola
papapipizola
papapipizola
06-06-2021, 12:23 AM

(03-06-2021, 06:14 AM)hovatek
(02-06-2021, 09:47 AM)papapipizola Fastboot -w to clear cache and data is not working because the bootloader locked.

What version of SP flash tool are you using?
Try wiping userdata and cache using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html

I'm tried to wipe userdata and cache according your thread, with the address exactly as described in scatter file.
The phone got fail boot, at the device manager status connect and disconnected repeatedly and the driver show MTK USB port and MTK preloader usb
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next