Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Hisense u962 complete-dead randomly while in use, and can't be flashed
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Hisense u962 complete-dead randomly while in use, and can't be flashed

Hisense u962 complete-dead randomly while in use, and can't be flashed

Neddan@1
Neddan@1
Neddan@1
02-06-2021, 07:32 PM

So I will try to make this as short and clear as possible...

My friend has a hisense U962 dual SIM smartphone powered by spreadtrum SC7731 SoC. She has had it for over 4 yrs now and recently, one day as she was using it as normal, it just shut off abruptly( didn't shut down just went off like a bulb). There was enough battery power and the battery seemed okay( no issues whatsoever ).

I took it in for diagnosis and indeed it doesn't respond to charging or power button. The phone is detected on PC with SPD drivers as COM3 (flash tool mode). No sign of obvious heating unless I missed it somehow( which is unlikely) and I don't have any meter to check for shorting on the motherboard but the obvious parts like power switch seem to be working as they should( my assumption)...

So after that I decided to flash the firmware since it is happily showing up in SPD COM mode. But all three official tools (research, factory and upgrade ) show the same error, "the data packet type 0x96 returned misformatted ". I tried unticking calibration( unless version 24.00 of research download doesn't have the specific ""calibration"" options that those posts where referring to) but it didn't work. So at this point i am puzzled as to what could be the problem. Firmware, tool or the phone? Any help would be appreciated. Because I don't have access to a box or other advanced tools.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-06-2021, 11:12 AM
(02-06-2021, 07:32 PM)Neddan@1 So I will try to make this as short and clear as possible...

My friend has a hisense U962 dual SIM smartphone powered by spreadtrum SC7731 SoC. She has had it for over 4 yrs now and recently, one day as she was using it as normal, it just shut off abruptly( didn't shut down just went off like a bulb). There was enough battery power and the battery seemed okay( no issues whatsoever ).

I took it in for diagnosis and indeed it doesn't respond to charging or power button. The phone is detected on PC with SPD drivers as COM3 (flash tool mode). No sign of obvious heating unless I missed it somehow( which is unlikely) and I don't have any meter to check for shorting on the motherboard but the obvious parts like power switch seem to be working as they should( my assumption)...

So after that I decided to flash the firmware since it is happily showing up in SPD COM mode. But all three official tools (research, factory and upgrade ) show the same error, "the data packet type 0x96 returned misformatted ". I tried unticking calibration( unless version 24.00 of research download doesn't have the specific ""calibration"" options that those posts where referring to) but it didn't work. So at this point i am puzzled as to what could be the problem. Firmware, tool or the phone? Any help would be appreciated. Because I don't have access to a box or other advanced tools.

does the phone get detected in device manager without you holding any button? or you need to hold the vol down button before it'll get detected
have you tried using different factory download tool versions from the list @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15611.html ?