Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Spark 7 Pro stuck in preloader mode while trying to readBack
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Spark 7 Pro stuck in preloader mode while trying to readBack

Tecno Spark 7 Pro stuck in preloader mode while trying to readBack

Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
09-06-2021, 03:40 PM

Hi,

As the title says, now my phone is stuck there on behalf of SP-FLASH-TOOL.
I have experienced this before too on other devices.
The worst case of scenario, it's a device with non-removable/built-in battery.
Otherwise I could just remove and re-insert the battery.

Last time on a different built-in battery device I had waited till the phone discharged by itself and then I was able to start it up again.
Although it's a time lengthy procedure.

This time with tecno spark 7 pro I had about 50% battery left before it got stuck.
I have been waiting for 2 days so far.
I also checked out https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html but none of the tips helped yet to discharge quickly.
I'm just wondering, should I really charge it more or just leave it to discharge itself and finally poweroff itself?

Is there a kind of new trick you guys know about which could discharge the phone quickly in preloader mode?
I'm okay to wait if nothing can be done.

Thank you.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
10-06-2021, 09:37 AM
(09-06-2021, 03:40 PM)Aminur Asif Axon Hi,

As the title says, now my phone is stuck there on behalf of SP-FLASH-TOOL.
I have experienced this before too on other devices.
The worst case of scenario, it's a device with non-removable/built-in battery.
Otherwise I could just remove and re-insert the battery.

Last time on a different built-in battery device I had waited till the phone discharged by itself and then I was able to start it up again.
Although it's a time lengthy procedure.

This time with tecno spark 7 pro I had about 50% battery left before it got stuck.
I have been waiting for 2 days so far.
I also checked out https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html but none of the tips helped yet to discharge quickly.
I'm just wondering, should I really charge it more or just leave it to discharge itself and finally poweroff itself?

Is there a kind of new trick you guys know about which could discharge the phone quickly in preloader mode?
I'm okay to wait if nothing can be done.

Thank you.
If you can't wait then may be you should give a technician to disconnect/reconnect the battery.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-06-2021, 02:02 PM
(09-06-2021, 03:40 PM)Aminur Asif Axon ...

you could try different key combos, see if any is able to reboot the phone
first connect to a PC, i believe the phone should be detected as mtk usb port
next hold key combo e.g vol up + power button, vol up + vol down + power (try as many different combos with all hardware keys available on the device)
for each combo, hold for at least 30 seconds (keep an eye on device manager if any of the combo is able to change the detection suddenly from mtk usb port to preloader port then keep holding the same key combo, the phone should power on after a few more seconds)
Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
10-06-2021, 02:23 PM
(10-06-2021, 02:02 PM)X3non you could try different key combos, see if any is able to reboot the phone
first connect to a PC, i believe the phone should be detected as mtk usb port
next hold key combo e.g vol up + power button, vol up + vol down + power (try as many different combos with all hardware keys available on the device)
for each combo, hold for at least 30 seconds (keep an eye on device manager if any of the combo is able to change the detection suddenly from mtk usb port to preloader port then keep holding the same key combo, the phone should power on after a few more seconds)
Actually it's stuck in download/preloader mode after I try to readback "EMMC_BOOT" from sp-flash-tool for dumping my ROM using Wwr.
I have tried these, didn't help.
In my PC when I connect the phone it says: "Unrecognized device", if it was in mtk-usb mode then I would have no issues rebooting it but now no button makes any action so far.

I see that someone told this at here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808...#pid210017:
Quote:WHEN BACKING PRELOADER SELECT REGION EMMC_USER AND NOT EBOOT IN SPFLASH TOOL .. IT WILL CAUSE BRICK IN LATEST MTK SECUREBOOT DEVICES .
LATEST WWR MTK TOOL CAN EXTRACT PRELOAER.BIN FROM EMMC_USER REGION PRELOADER DUMP SAFELY.

So I think next time I will try this with about 3% battery power instead of 50%, so that I don't have to wait for long on the battery power getting drained, lol
I was able to disable secureBoot protection using mtk-bypass-tool.
This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 02:48 PM by Aminur Asif Axon.
Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
10-06-2021, 05:22 PM

Okay so my phone revived after the battery was fully drained.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-06-2021, 10:02 AM
(10-06-2021, 02:23 PM)Aminur Asif Axon ...
I see that someone told this at here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808...#pid210017:
Quote:WHEN BACKING PRELOADER SELECT REGION EMMC_USER AND NOT EBOOT IN SPFLASH TOOL .. IT WILL CAUSE BRICK IN LATEST MTK SECUREBOOT DEVICES .
LATEST WWR MTK TOOL CAN EXTRACT PRELOAER.BIN FROM EMMC_USER REGION PRELOADER DUMP SAFELY.

there's no preloader in emmc_user i'm afraid, preloader is only in emmc_boot1 or emmc_boot2 (as backup)

(10-06-2021, 02:23 PM)Aminur Asif Axon So I think next time I will try this with about 3% battery power instead of 50%, so that I don't have to wait for long on the battery power getting drained, lol

good idea!

(10-06-2021, 02:23 PM)Aminur Asif Axon I was able to disable secureBoot protection using mtk-bypass-tool.

interesting, it must mean that the chipset mt6769 uses the hw_code for another known chipset or might even be an alt. name for a different chipset
edit : i see you've figured out the chipset using hw_code
This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 11:14 AM by X3non.
Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
Aminur Asif Axon
11-06-2021, 10:05 AM
X3non interesting, it must mean that the chipset mt6769 uses the hw_code for another known chipset or might even be an alt. name for a different chipset
when you successfully run the bypass what's the hw_code displayed? you can confirm what chipset's code it uses by cross-checking within default_config.json5
Yes, please check my reply in my original thread regarding my initial issue: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-392...#pid214921
This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 10:06 AM by Aminur Asif Axon.