Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [solved] unable to connect infinix x690B into Meta mode for IMEI restoration
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[solved] unable to connect infinix x690B into Meta mode for IMEI restoration

[solved] unable to connect infinix x690B into Meta mode for IMEI restoration

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
09-06-2021, 10:27 PM

I used Maui Meta Tool in the past to write IMEI on slitely older MTK device, but My current phone is based on MTK6768 with secure boot, needed the IMEIs to be written after flashing firmware. I can use SP flash tool with "sec boot" utility to flash ROM successfully, But unable to connect to Maui Meta tool. I have Modem meta tool Version 10.2044, after launching the program as an admin, it is doing the following:
1. Clicking "connect" and plugging the cable to phone in turned off state: windows make a hardware connect sound, a new port appear in device manager, followed by a disconnect sound after 1 second, that hardware disappear and phone boot-up in offline charging mode or to the welcome/lock screen. The "meta tool" remain at looking for device connection.
2. Holding the Volume down while plugging the Cable in, do the exact same - "meta Tool" remain in waiting for connection.
3. Holding Volume Up: it connect, then disconnect and went to Stock recovery - "meta tool" remain in waiting state.
4. Holding Power+Volume up: Windows continue making connect and disconnect sounds again and again and the Port under device manager keep coming in and out. Phone boots up as soon as I leave the buttons. "meta Tool" remain in waiting for connection, or sometime move to "getting Kernel Port" and get stuck at it.
5. Holding both volume buttons: do the exact same as point Number 4 above.
6. Holding both volumes+power buttons: do the exact same as point number 4 above.
Definitely, all MTK drivers are installed and working because I can use SP flash tool in conjunction with secBoot utility without any problem. I tried other similar tools like “SN writer” and “read and write tool v1.3” and faced almost same behaviour. It means my device is not going into Meta mode properly with these tools. Please contribute in helping me with your valuable suggestion, as I’m not being able to use this device due to cellular network unavailability.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-06-2021, 01:45 PM
(09-06-2021, 10:27 PM)Abdullah Zafar I used Maui Meta Tool in the past to write IMEI on slitely older MTK device, but My current phone is based on MTK6768 with secure boot, needed the IMEIs to be written after flashing firmware. I can use SP flash tool with "sec boot" utility to flash ROM successfully, But unable to connect to Maui Meta tool. I have Modem meta tool Version 10.2044, after launching the program as an admin, it is doing the following:

download this tool @ https://www.mediafire.com/file/htwu30vrl...D.zip/file
set the model to infinix x606 then connect your device switched off without holding any buttons
it should boot your device into meta mode

once in meta mode then launch modem meta and connect using dut in meta mode
it should connect then you can proceed with the rest of the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31577.html
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
10-06-2021, 10:15 PM
(10-06-2021, 01:45 PM)X3non download this tool @ https://www.mediafire.com/file/htwu30vrl...D.zip/file
set the model to infinix x606 then connect your device switched off without holding any buttons
it should boot your device into meta mode

once in meta mode then launch modem meta and connect using dut in meta mode
it should connect then you can proceed with the rest of the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31577.html

Hello. Thanks for the reply. Yes it went to meta mode through "afterSale tool". When I launch Modem Meta Tool and click connect, It keep connecting and nothing happen.
Platform is "smartphone", mode is "DUT in meta mode" and connection is "USB", still only connecting.
also Tried using "UARE" as connection type, still connecting.
Even the device is present in device manager as "Mediatek USB VCOM (android) com8" and device info is showing in "aftersale tool".
Please, only last step remaining, How can I force Modem Meta tool to detect my device in meta mode now? I tried V10.2044 and V10.1801 of Modem Meta.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-06-2021, 11:39 AM
(10-06-2021, 10:15 PM)Abdullah Zafar Hello. Thanks for the reply. Yes it went to meta mode through "afterSale tool". When I launch Modem Meta Tool and click connect, It keep connecting and nothing happen.
Platform is "smartphone", mode is "DUT in meta mode" and connection is "USB", still only connecting.
also Tried using "UARE" as connection type, still connecting.
Even the device is present in device manager as "Mediatek USB VCOM (android) com8" and device info is showing in "aftersale tool".
Please, only last step remaining, How can I force Modem Meta tool to detect my device in meta mode now? I tried V10.2044 and V10.1801 of Modem Meta.

attach a screenshot showing modem meta window (let me see the settings you are using to connect)
alternatively, you could also try to force exit the aftersale tools before connecting with modem meta
This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 11:40 AM by X3non.
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
11-06-2021, 10:18 PM

(11-06-2021, 11:39 AM)X3non attach a screenshot showing modem meta window (let me see the settings you are using to connect)
alternatively, you could also try to force exit the aftersale tools before connecting with modem meta

Killing the "afterSale tool" after having connection in meta mode, also Kill the meta mode on device and device restart automatically.
I'm attaching 4 screenshots, presenting the AfterSales Main windows where connection is established, Modem Meta Main and connecting windows, and the device maanger windows where "ports" section is expanded and you can see the device connected port which is being use for Meta mode.
Please look at them and suggest something out of your deep sound knowledge. The one and only thing is remaining, How to force "modem Meta" to recognized my device which is already in Meta mode. I'm struggling with this phone for more than 10 days, and unsuccessful till today.
Attached Files
.png
AfterSale tool connected.png
Size: 106.52 KB / Downloads: 71
.png
device manager.png
Size: 690.32 KB / Downloads: 55
.png
Modem Meta connecting..png
Size: 528.16 KB / Downloads: 58
.png
Modem Meta main windows.png
Size: 517.36 KB / Downloads: 54
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-06-2021, 12:55 PM
(11-06-2021, 10:18 PM)Abdullah Zafar Killing the "afterSale tool" after having connection in meta mode, also Kill the meta mode on device and device restart automatically.
I'm attaching 4 screenshots, presenting the AfterSales Main windows where connection is established, Modem Meta Main and connecting windows, and the device maanger windows where "ports" section is expanded and you can see the device connected port which is being use for Meta mode.
Please look at them and suggest something out of your deep sound knowledge. The one and only thing is remaining, How to force "modem Meta" to recognized my device which is already in Meta mode. I'm struggling with this phone for more than 10 days, and unsuccessful till today.

don't kill aftersales tool since it kills meta mode on the device
in modem meta, you need to tick the check box beside "More - dut in meta mode"
that's the settings you'd need to connect if the device is already in meta mode (currently you're using the smart phone connection which tries to connect the device from switched off state)
PORT should be USB then open the drop down bar for auto connection and select the correct com port before connecting

PS: you could try using aftersales tool to write back mac addr (wifi and bt) if you have problems using them and let me know the outcome (this is untested but i don't think it will cause any problems)
This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 01:53 PM by X3non.
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
12-06-2021, 03:20 PM
(12-06-2021, 12:55 PM)X3non don't kill aftersales tool since it kills meta mode on the device
in modem meta, you need to tick the check box beside "More - dut in meta mode"
that's the settings you'd need to connect if the device is already in meta mode (currently you're using the smart phone connection which tries to connect the device from switched off state)
PORT should be USB then open the drop down bar for auto connection and select the correct com port before connecting

PS: you could try using aftersales tool to write back mac addr (wifi and bt) if you have problems using them and let me know the outcome (this is untested but i don't think it will cause any problems)

Hello, thankyou so so so so, (lots of "so") much, it works! I'm able to write IMEIs and networks are working!.
Now, How could I write S/N and BT/Wifi Macs, but how to obtain them since the Mac addresses are not present on the box of the device. Wifi and bluetooth are not turning on because mac address is unknown.
Secondly, Since I reverted back to stock ROM, if i flash the custom ROM (GSI) now using the fastboot method, should I need to re-write IMEIs and Mac addresses again after booting to that ROM? As i think, the fastboot flashing would not effect the IMEIs, S/N and macs. Please drop your experienced opinion.

I really really appreciate, as you've done a lifesaving job for my device! You have saved me from allot of terrible outdoor exercises. thankyou so much again! I really don't have words for you right now.
This post was last modified: 13-06-2021, 06:50 AM by Abdullah Zafar.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
14-06-2021, 12:51 PM
(12-06-2021, 03:20 PM)Abdullah Zafar ...
Now, How could I write S/N and BT/Wifi Macs, but how to obtain them since the Mac addresses are not present on the box of the device. ...

you can use the addr from any other device you have or look for some online mac addr generator
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
14-06-2021, 06:05 PM
(14-06-2021, 12:51 PM)freshtyt you can use the addr from any other device you have or look for some online mac addr generator

OK but how to write that Mac for BT and Wifi after getting from online service?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-06-2021, 09:47 AM

(14-06-2021, 06:05 PM)Abdullah Zafar OK but how to write that Mac for BT and Wifi after getting from online service?

you can try the suggestion in my previous post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-393...#pid215014 i.e using aftersales tool, when it connects, there's a section for write mac addrs, try it and see if it works for you
This post was last modified: 15-06-2021, 09:50 AM by X3non.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next