Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690

[Tutorial] How to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-06-2021, 03:23 PM

This is a quick guide explaining how to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690 and similar transsion android device that have difficulty getting a detection in modem meta tool.

Requirements

Steps on how to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690

Follow the steps below to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690

• Launch Aftersales IMEItool and select the modem Infinix X606 (regardless of your model) then click Connect

[Image: How-to-fix-invalid-IMEI-on-Infinix-X690-1.jpg]

• Switch off your phone and connect to the PC without holding any buttons
  • Once detected, the phone should boot into meta mode and Aftersales IMEI tool should look like in the screenshot below

[Image: How-to-fix-invalid-IMEI-on-Infinix-X690-2.jpg]

• Do not exit aftersales imei tool just yet
  • Launch modem meta tool and set it up as seen in the screenshot below then connect
    Platform type : More (Dut in META Mode)
    Port : USB (select the COM port in the "Auto Connection" drop down box)

[Image: How-to-fix-invalid-IMEI-on-Infinix-X690-3.jpg]

• Once connected to modem meta, the device will get disconnected from aftersales imei tool and you can exit aftersales imei tool
  • You can then proceed to write imei using modem meta tool

Important Notice
  • This method should work for other mediatek transsion phones having problems connecting to modem meta tool
  • To write WiFi & BT mac address, use aftersales imei tool (it included the supported header) and if you don't remember your mac address, you could generate one using the link @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-393...#pid215160
  • Writing WifFi mac address fixes the nvram warning error displayed in the list of available WIFi
  • Thanks to Abdullah Zafar for testing and confirming the Wifi nvram fix
This post was last modified: 17-06-2021, 12:01 PM by X3non.
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
15-06-2021, 07:15 AM
(14-06-2021, 03:23 PM)X3non This is a quick guide explaining how to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690 and similar transsion android device that have difficulty getting a detection in modem meta tool.

Thanks for making this guide aso that no one would struggle allot as i did.
moreover, please mention the steps for writing S/N and mac addresses back after flashing such device. without mac, wifi and BT won't work in stock ROM.

Sent from my iPhone using Hovatek Forum
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-06-2021, 10:37 AM
(15-06-2021, 07:15 AM)Abdullah Zafar
(14-06-2021, 03:23 PM)X3non This is a quick guide explaining how to fix invalid IMEI on Infinix X690 and similar transsion android device that have difficulty getting a detection in modem meta tool.

Thanks for making this guide aso that no one would struggle allot as i did.
moreover, please mention the steps for writing S/N and mac addresses back after flashing such device. without mac, wifi and BT won't work in stock ROM.

replied to @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-39305.html
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
27-06-2021, 09:07 PM
a small question, which software can I use to re-write the S/N for this device? I got the original S/N from phone's box. can I use modem meta also for this purpose? or can aftersale tool do this job?

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-06-2021, 10:49 AM

(27-06-2021, 09:07 PM)Abdullah Zafar a small question, which software can I use to re-write the S/N for this device? I got the original S/N from phone's box. can I use modem meta also for this purpose? or can aftersale tool do this job?

you can try using sn writer ie if you can manage to connect the device to the tool
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html
This post was last modified: 28-06-2021, 10:53 AM by X3non.
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
28-06-2021, 05:04 PM
(28-06-2021, 10:49 AM)X3non you can try using sn writer ie if you can manage to connect the device to the tool
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html

When aftersale tool recognise the phone in meta mode, SN writer don’t. At that time, i have to use “more” as "platform" to connect the modem meta tool, but SN writer doesn't have any platform like "more". how can i force sn writer to recognise the connected device directly?'

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-06-2021, 09:44 PM
(28-06-2021, 05:04 PM)Abdullah Zafar When aftersale tool recognise the phone in meta mode, SN writer don’t. At that time, i have to use “more” as "platform" to connect the modem meta tool, but SN writer doesn't have any platform like "more". how can i force sn writer to recognise the connected device directly?'

did you try selecting the comport (other than usb vcom) and then smart phone?
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
30-06-2021, 07:01 PM
(28-06-2021, 09:44 PM)X3non did you try selecting the comport (other than usb vcom) and then smart phone?

Yes, I did it, it still don't recognize the phone in Meta mode. However, If I select the USB option and then connect my phone in turned off state with the computer, the S/N writer instantly closes upon phone connection without any error displayed and phone boots directly to the ROM.
Any other method?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-07-2021, 07:39 AM
(30-06-2021, 07:01 PM)Abdullah Zafar Yes, I did it, it still don't recognize the phone in Meta mode. However, If I select the USB option and then connect my phone in turned off state with the computer, the S/N writer instantly closes upon phone connection without any error displayed and phone boots directly to the ROM.
Any other method?

create a new thread for this by clicking "ask question" at the top and ensure to state your device model too
while at it, return back to modem meta > search in modem meta for the tool named nvram editor
in the section labelled LID, try to look for anything with "CUSTOM_SN" in it's name. you can either scroll down the list or use the search bar (preferably)
let me know if you find any such items and if you do, expand it's contents and take screenshots too
This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 07:40 AM by X3non.