Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix Smart 3 (X5516B) Brick
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix Smart 3 (X5516B) Brick

Infinix Smart 3 (X5516B) Brick

Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
24-06-2021, 01:52 AM

Hello,

I Flashes A Patched Magisk Recovery To An Infinix Smart 3 And All Was Good Until Yesterday When The Phone Applied An OTA Update (I Guess, I Actually Don't Know, I Was Using The Phone And It Suddenly Started Bootlooping).

I Couldn't Access Recovery Nor Fast Boot, So I Decoupled The Phone, Disconnected The Battery, Then I Tried Flashing The Phone Using The ROM I Downloaded From Here.

Using Download Only Mode On SPFlashtool - The Download Worked But The Phone Still Wouldn't Come On.
Using Format All (Format Flash Except Bootloader) - Worked Format All + Download - Same As Above
Using Format Whole Flash - Things Got Complicated As It Worked But SPFlashtool Didn't Detect The Phone Any Longer.

I Had To Introduce The Bypass Utility, I Managed To Get Everything Working, Then I Tried Downloading All, But It Gave Me A Verified Boot Is Enabled Error, Then I Decided To Flash All The Files One After The Other, Which Worked (Except tkv Which Was Giving The Verified Boot Error).

The Phone Still Doesn't Boot, When I Plug It In To A Power Source It Shows The Initial Charge Logo Then Goes Off And Shows It Again In A Continuous Loop.

Please, I'll Appreciate Any Help I Can Get At This Point.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-06-2021, 10:58 AM
(24-06-2021, 01:52 AM)Yoruba_bug Hello,
Please, I'll Appreciate Any Help I Can Get At This Point.

boot into recovery then perform a factory reset then confirm if you can boot to homescreen
This post was last modified: 24-06-2021, 11:28 AM by X3non.
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
24-06-2021, 12:46 PM
(24-06-2021, 10:58 AM)X3non boot into recovery then perform a factory reset then confirm if you can boot to homescreen

It Won't Even Boot At All With The Power Key, Plugging It In Puts It In Some Sort Of Charge Animation Loop.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-06-2021, 10:09 AM
(24-06-2021, 12:46 PM)Yoruba_bug It Won't Even Boot At All With The Power Key, Plugging It In Puts It In Some Sort Of Charge Animation Loop.

what was the previous build number of your device before flashing? and the build number of the firmware you flashed?
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
25-06-2021, 06:50 PM

(25-06-2021, 10:09 AM)X3non what was the previous build number of your device before flashing? and the build number of the firmware you flashed?

They're The Same Build Number, I Don't Even Know Why It Won't Work, Which Is Weird.

Although When I Loaded The Scatter File In SP Flashtool, I Forgot To Untick The Preloader Before Doing Any Downloads Into The Phone, And All Subsequent Downloads Had Preloader Ticked Too.

I'm Wondering If That Could Be Issue, If The Preloader Isn't Meant To Be Flashed Into The Phone, Why Would It Be Provided In The Rom File https://www.hovatek.com/forum/images/smilies/sad.gif
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-06-2021, 11:06 AM
(25-06-2021, 06:50 PM)Yoruba_bug They're The Same Build Number, I Don't Even Know Why It Won't Work, Which Is Weird.

if you are sure of this then disconnect / reconnect (this is to ensure the device is powered off) then attempt to boot into recovery using vol up + power button
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
26-06-2021, 11:50 AM
(26-06-2021, 11:06 AM)X3non if you are sure of this then disconnect / reconnect (this is to ensure the device is powered off) then attempt to boot into recovery using vol up + power button

Xenon, I Appreciate The Free Help But You're Not Getting Me ?, Power Button Does Nothing, The Device Doesn't Show Any Signs Of Life, Only Time It Shows That It's Still Alive Is When I Plug It To A Power Source Of Some Sort Which Causes The Charge Animation Loop, Other Than That, The Phone Is Dead.

It's Not Coming On, No Key Combinations Are Working.
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
26-06-2021, 01:57 PM
So After Trying Once More To Flash, Using Another USB Cable, The Phone Is Finally Back On.

It's Booting RN As I Type But I'm Confident At This Point It'll Show The Setup Menu.

Thank You Very Much Sir Xenon For The Time You Put Into Helping Me On This.