Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Boom j8 can't turn on after flash was unsuccessful
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Boom j8 can't turn on after flash was unsuccessful

Tecno Boom j8 can't turn on after flash was unsuccessful

24-07-2021, 03:23 AM

I have issue with my Tecno boom j8
As I presume it has enter dead boot after flashing it was unsuccessful

I was able to after everything format the phone using miracle box, so the Twrp recovery was formatted giving me the phone's Chinese recovery. But it wasn't able to boot to system. So I flashed the firmware I download, it downloaded preloader and other but got stucked at system then eventually stopped. I then tried flashing the preloader.bin, got a 'bad file not flash' prompt..... but it was from the file so I went ahead thinking maybe it's a precaution. I flashed it went successful. But ever since then my phone couldn't boot anymore. Even to boot into recovery failed. When I try re flashing on the miracle box, it couldn't write anymore but can read. I have tried everything, but it still gives Write error 0000 both on miracle box, gives me Brom s_da_sdmmc_write failed. Which I presume could be the emmc. But please how do I fix it. I still have the stock rom and also the miracle .bin firmware backup
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
24-07-2021, 11:01 AM
(24-07-2021, 03:23 AM)Onyebuchi Asianya I have issue with my Tecno boom j8

I was able to after everything format the phone using miracle box, so the Twrp recovery was formatted giving me the phone's Chinese recovery. But it wasn't able to boot to system. So I flashed the firmware I download, it downloaded preloader and other but got stucked at system then eventually stopped. I then tried flashing the preloader.bin, got a 'bad file not flash' prompt..... but it was from the file so I went ahead thinking maybe it's a precaution. I flashed it went successful. But ever since then my phone couldn't boot anymore. Even to boot into recovery failed. When I try re flashing on the miracle box, it couldn't write anymore but can read. I have tried everything, but it still gives Write error 0000 both on miracle box, gives me Brom s_da_sdmmc_write failed. Which I presume could be the emmc. But please how do I fix it. I still have the stock rom and also the miracle .bin firmware backup
Flash stock rom with SP flashtool Using format + download option
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
24-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Flash stock rom with SP flashtool Using format + download option
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-07-2021, 11:58 AM

did you take note of the build number of your device before flashing? or did you take a backup before flashing?