Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android tecno pop 4 bc2 stuck at the preloader level.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

tecno pop 4 bc2 stuck at the preloader level.

tecno pop 4 bc2 stuck at the preloader level.

FREDMANX
FREDMANX
FREDMANX
31-07-2021, 05:27 PM

Hi guys i recently accidentally bricked my pop 4 bc2 tecno brand by trying a read and write back-up. i managed to bypass secure boot using the python process and successfully flashed the factory stock signed rom many times unfortunately but the issue is the phone seems to stop at the preloader displaying tecno and restarting, i cant even reach the recovery the best i can get is to fastboot. the oem is still locked and so is the bootloader. i thought i might have downloaded a corrupt rom but i have tried close to 10 different rom types downloaded from different sites but the phone behaves in the same way. i even checked the emmc with sptool and it shows me its fine so where is the problem? the security patch i think is for june 2021 please help guys i tried swd and tecno flashtool all in vein with the upgrade method it seems not to work with the python bypass method then fails to write the super.sign.img. need help please.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-08-2021, 10:53 AM
(31-07-2021, 05:27 PM)FREDMANX Hi guys i recently accidentally bricked my pop 4 bc2 tecno brand by trying a read and write back-up. i managed to bypass secure boot using the python process and successfully flashed the factory stock signed rom many times unfortunately but the issue is the phone seems to stop at the preloader displaying tecno and restarting, i cant even reach the recovery the best i can get is to fastboot. the oem is still locked and so is the bootloader. i thought i might have downloaded a corrupt rom but i have tried close to 10 different rom types downloaded from different sites but the phone behaves in the same way. i even checked the emmc with sptool and it shows me its fine so where is the problem? the security patch i think is for june 2021 please help guys i tried swd and tecno flashtool all in vein with the upgrade method it seems not to work with the python bypass method then fails to write the super.sign.img. need help please.

what was the previous build number of the device? if unsure, you can verify this by using the recovery.img from the backup along with method 7 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html
did you perform a factory reset after flashing these firmwares? if no, then power off the device then use key combo (vol up + power) to boot into recovery mode to factory reset the device