Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] About porting ROMs
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] About porting ROMs

[Please help] About porting ROMs

Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
21-08-2021, 08:21 PM

Hello experts. Can someone help?
Is it possible to port ROM from other device of the same manufacturer with the same chipset type? For example, I want to install android11 on my infinix note7, GSI doesn't work well on this device with huge battery consumption and poor mobile data connection. One of the later model of Infinix note series called note 10, come preinstalled with android11 based ROM of infinix XOS system. Infinix note10 got the same Helio G series chipset like the note7, and lots of other similarities does exists.
Tell me, is there any possibility to have note10 ROM ported for note7? If yes, then can anyone help me in this regards?
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
21-08-2021, 08:30 PM
Pls don't consider porting ROM,just make sure u are using correct custom gsi for ur phone architecture.like me my device is atm64 system as root ,and is a only ,but I use arm64 ab gsi based on Android 11 and 10 respectively
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
21-08-2021, 09:54 PM
(21-08-2021, 08:30 PM)kelvinchinedu Pls don't consider porting ROM,just make sure u are using correct custom gsi for ur phone architecture.like me my device is atm64 system as root ,and is a only ,but I use arm64 ab gsi based on Android 11 and 10 respectively

Well, I'm able to run any GSI on my phone, but my problem is the huge battery consumption even the device overlay is present, and also very slow mobile data connection. I discussed these problem with almost every GSI developer, but no one had any clew on how to fix them.
If you have the GSI related knowledge, can you look at my issues posted on github with device's logs?
Slow mobile data: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...ssues/1934
Battery consumption and no battery usage stats: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...ssues/1927
I'm too much disturbed with these problems, I shall be very thankful if you drop some light on it.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
24-08-2021, 07:07 AM
(21-08-2021, 09:54 PM)Abdullah Zafar Well, I'm able to run any GSI on my phone, but my problem is the huge battery consumption even the device overlay is present, and also very slow mobile data connection. I discussed these problem with almost every GSI developer, but no one had any clew on how to fix them.
If you have the GSI related knowledge, can you look at my issues posted on github with device's logs?
Slow mobile data: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...ssues/1934
Battery consumption and no battery usage stats: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...ssues/1927
I'm too much disturbed with these problems, I shall be very thankful if you drop some light on it.

Are RAM and Mobile data consumption also high?
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
24-08-2021, 11:22 AM

(24-08-2021, 07:07 AM)maxpayne Are RAM and Mobile data consumption also high?

My device has 6GB of RAM and I never scene heavy RAM usage. And same is the case of mobile data, there is no high consumption, but really poor performance. But the battery consumption is really high, and also it doesn't display the battery usage stats.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
27-08-2021, 07:48 AM
(24-08-2021, 11:22 AM)Abdullah Zafar My device has 6GB of RAM and I never scene heavy RAM usage. And same is the case of mobile data, there is no high consumption, but really poor performance. But the battery consumption is really high, and also it doesn't display the battery usage stats.

Why don't you install a third party resource monitor so you see if any app or process is using up battery. It might be related to other issues you're encountering
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
27-08-2021, 08:20 AM
(27-08-2021, 07:48 AM)maxpayne Why don't you install a third party resource monitor so you see if any app or process is using up battery. It might be related to other issues you're encountering

I’ll try today but on the other side, high consumption and no battery usage stats shown that there is something wrong with ROM. Even if the overlay is present, what else could be an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Hovatek Forum
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
03-12-2021, 02:05 PM
U can flash magisk autra battery saver and ldspeed on magisk to fix any issues ,or u can edit ur build.prop for any issues u are having.