Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Custom Twrp for Blu g70 running Android 9
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Custom Twrp for Blu g70 running Android 9

Custom Twrp for Blu g70 running Android 9

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
nybol
nybol
nybol
Enthusiastic Member
06-09-2021, 07:54 AM

Pls I need help to build custom Twrp for Blu g70 on Android 9.

I also rooted the phone via magisk root as recovery but no imei and no Phone network after root
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-09-2021, 08:31 PM
(06-09-2021, 07:54 AM)nybol Pls I need help to build custom Twrp for Blu g70 on Android 9.

I also rooted the phone via magisk root as recovery but no imei and no Phone network after root

reboot the device normally ie without magisk root, then confirm if imei is returned
if yes, then either try rooting by patching boot using magisk manager or magisk canary

for twrp, you can try porting using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
nybol
nybol
nybol
Enthusiastic Member
06-09-2021, 10:55 PM
Thanks.
The phone was rooted with magisk via recovery image and not boot image.

Normal boot has imei and phone network.

Please how can I root with magisk manager or magisk canary. Can you give me a guide pls ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2021, 11:07 AM
(06-09-2021, 10:55 PM)nybol ...
Please how can I root with magisk manager or magisk canary. Can you give me a guide pls ?

same method as you did with recovery but instead use boot.img e.g https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
for magisk canary ; see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLWoJ-POlA
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
07-09-2021, 01:31 PM

I received e-mail from Hovatek saying you sent me a message asking for help to flash GSI ROM. But I could not find the message on Hovatek.
So I'm gonna try to help you on this post.

I searched for your phone spec on the internet. Your phone has quite low RAM. This will limit a lot of GSI ROMs to be able to flash on your device. It's probably that your device cannot flash GSI ROM that has GAPPS included. You probably need to flash vanilla version of GSI ROMs.
You can try phhusson's GSI from the following link:
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...s/releases

Android 11 GSI ROMs are usually bigger than Android 10 GSI ROMs. If you could not flash A11 GSI, try A10 GSI instead.
nybol
nybol
nybol
Enthusiastic Member
07-09-2021, 03:19 PM
@Siamese007

Thank you so much for the info.
Pls can I flash Linage OS v18 on my device ?
I also saw that there's a Linage OS Fan Edition, it was very beautiful too. Can I flash it on my device. If yes What are the steps, ?

NB
I already flashed patched magisk boot image but it didn't work so I flashed patched magisk recovery image to gain partial root.
I have the stock rom from my firmware and I noticed that it has 2 boot images and 2 recovery images. Boot.img and boot-verified.img , also recovery.img and recovery-verified.img.
I tried flashing a blank vbmeta to but I got an error, no partition found

I have used the hovatek Twrp porter to port Twrp for my device but I have not flashed it yet.

Pls can you give me instructions on how to successfully flash the Twrp and install the Linage OS Fan Edition
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-09-2021, 10:06 AM
(07-09-2021, 03:19 PM)nybol ...Can I flash it on my device. If yes What are the steps, ?

see https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...lash-a-gsi (fastboot method) ; whether a gsi rom will work on your device or not is left for you to test

(07-09-2021, 03:19 PM)nybol ...
Pls can you give me instructions on how to successfully flash the Twrp and install the Linage OS Fan Edition

if you are running patched_recovery, twrp will replace the patched_recovery meaning you'll have twrp but no root
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
09-09-2021, 02:36 PM
@nybol

No problem. I will help you as much as I can. I have checked your device spec. It's MT6763V which supports 64-bit. But your phone is quite short of RAM and ROM. So I guess it's A-only partition. So GSI ROMs that would fit your phone should be ARM64 A-Only.

Please download ARM64 A-Only from the following links of Lineage GSI ROMs:
1. https://sourceforge.net/projects/treblerom/files/LiR/ << Choose the most updated link and choose ARM64 avz. This one will not come with GAPPS. Or ARM64 agz which comes with GAPPS. But my advice is to try ARM64 avz one first to see if your phone can boot this GSI.
2. https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan...eage-18.x/ << Choose ARM64 avs. The dev does not have GAPPS support.
You can download from this link directly. >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan...z/download

Before flashing GSI ROM, I have some suggestiongs below:
1. Prepare Stock firmware. If your phone is hard bricked, flashing Stock firmware will be needed.
2. No need to flash Magisk at this stage. Your phone RAM is very low at 2GB. Flashing Magisk will take more RAM.
3. I have not flashed blank vbmeta on all Android devices that I have flashed GSI ROMs. For example most Teclast devices. Try flashing GSI ROMs on your phone first. If there is some error that block flashing process to complete, you can flash blank vbmeta later.

You can follow the steps in X3non's link above. Or you can try my steps below.
The process for flahsing GSI ROMs for your phone is as follow:
1. rename GSI ROM.img that you downloaded from above links to "system.img" and copy system.img to the same folder as fastboot adb folder
2. reboot to bootloader by entering this code in adb mode
adb reboot bootloader
3. erase system by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot erase system
4. flash GSI ROM by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot flash system system.img
5. factory reset by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot -w
6. reboot system by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot reboot
If your phone can boot the GSI ROM, it will take around 5-10 minutes to boot the system. Otherwise you need to choose other GSI ROMs.
Booting system may consume 1.5GB and you have very little RAM left. If your phone cannot boot Lineage 18 which is Android 11, you should try Lineage 17 which is Android 10. It consumes less RAM.

Next time if you want to flash GSI ROMs, you should look for more RAM at least around 4GB-8GB. Avoid Unisoc devices if you want to upgrade Android version above the current Android version of your stock firmware.

(07-09-2021, 03:19 PM)nybol @Siamese007

I also saw that there's a Linage OS Fan Edition, it was very beautiful too. Can I flash it on my device. If yes What are the steps, ?

NB
I already flashed patched magisk boot image but it didn't work so I flashed patched magisk recovery image to gain partial root.
I have the stock rom from my firmware and I noticed that it has 2 boot images and 2 recovery images. Boot.img and boot-verified.img , also recovery.img and recovery-verified.img.

I have used the hovatek Twrp porter to port Twrp for my device but I have not flashed it yet.

nybol
nybol
nybol
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2021, 03:15 PM
(09-09-2021, 02:36 PM)siamese007 @nybol

No problem. I will help you as much as I can. I have checked your device spec. It's MT6763V which supports 64-bit. But your phone is quite short of RAM and ROM. So I guess it's A-only partition. So GSI ROMs that would fit your phone should be ARM64 A-Only.

Please download ARM64 A-Only from the following links of Lineage GSI ROMs:
1. https://sourceforge.net/projects/treblerom/files/LiR/ << Choose the most updated link and choose ARM64 avz. This one will not come with GAPPS. Or ARM64 agz which comes with GAPPS. But my advice is to try ARM64 avz one first to see if your phone can boot this GSI.
2. https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan...eage-18.x/ << Choose ARM64 avs. The dev does not have GAPPS support.
You can download from this link directly. >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan...z/download

Before flashing GSI ROM, I have some suggestiongs below:
1. Prepare Stock firmware. If your phone is hard bricked, flashing Stock firmware will be needed.
2. No need to flash Magisk at this stage. Your phone RAM is very low at 2GB. Flashing Magisk will take more RAM.
3. I have not flashed blank vbmeta on all Android devices that I have flashed GSI ROMs. For example most Teclast devices. Try flashing GSI ROMs on your phone first. If there is some error that block flashing process to complete, you can flash blank vbmeta later.

You can follow the steps in X3non's link above. Or you can try my steps below.
The process for flahsing GSI ROMs for your phone is as follow:
1. rename GSI ROM.img that you downloaded from above links to "system.img" and copy system.img to the same folder as fastboot adb folder
2. reboot to bootloader by entering this code in adb mode
adb reboot bootloader
3. erase system by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot erase system
4. flash GSI ROM by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot flash system system.img
5. factory reset by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot -w
6. reboot system by entering this code in fastboot mode
fastboot reboot
If your phone can boot the GSI ROM, it will take around 5-10 minutes to boot the system. Otherwise you need to choose other GSI ROMs.
Booting system may consume 1.5GB and you have very little RAM left. If your phone cannot boot Lineage 18 which is Android 11, you should try Lineage 17 which is Android 10. It consumes less RAM.

Next time if you want to flash GSI ROMs, you should look for more RAM at least around 4GB-8GB. Avoid Unisoc devices if you want to upgrade Android version above the current Android version of your stock firmware.

(07-09-2021, 03:19 PM)nybol @Siamese007

NB

@Siamese007
Wow !!!
Thank you so much for this great info.

I will go through the post carefully again and follow the instructions as laid out.
I also have my stock firmware as you mentioned.
I have already flashed magisk via recovery, do I need to uninstall it before flashing the room, if yes, how do I do that ?
How about the Linage OS fan Edition, it looks beautiful too , can I flash that too ?
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
10-09-2021, 04:16 AM

I have no idea about Lineage OS fan edition. Please give me the link to the ROMs.
You don't need to uninstall Magisk. But to uninstall Magisk, follow this instruction @Uninstallation as follow:
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

Please keep in mind that too big GSI image file may not fit into your device's /system partition.
Try flashing GSI with no GAPPS first. This type of ROMs is smallest in size that should fit your phone.
If your phone can boot up, then try the ROM with GAPPS.

(09-09-2021, 03:15 PM)nybol @Siamese007
Wow !!!
Thank you so much for this great info.

I will go through the post carefully again and follow the instructions as laid out.
I also have my stock firmware as you mentioned.
I have already flashed magisk via recovery, do I need to uninstall it before flashing the room, if yes, how do I do that ?
How about the Linage OS fan Edition, it looks beautiful too , can I flash that too ?
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next