Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android installing GSI
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

installing GSI

installing GSI

doogeehelp
doogeehelp
doogeehelp
Enthusiastic Member
06-09-2021, 06:53 PM

I have a Doogee s88 pro, I am using a modified twrp and have maneged to install twrp and root it successfully with the OEM key.

However, I want to install a custom gsi. I was initially having problems with /system not being mounted but the universal tool fixed that issue.

I can now mount /system. However, when I try to install through twrp I get the error:
"Image file is larger than target device"

I tried to flash via fastboot after this, however that requires booting to fastbootd to be able to erase system and install the gsi on system which twrp replaces.

How do I go about installing a gsi on this phone?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2021, 10:30 AM
(06-09-2021, 06:53 PM)doogeehelp I have a Doogee s88 pro, I am using a modified twrp and have maneged to install twrp and root it successfully with the OEM key.

However, I want to install a custom gsi. I was initially having problems with /system not being mounted but the universal tool fixed that issue.

I can now mount /system. However, when I try to install through twrp I get the error:
"Image file is larger than target device"

I tried to flash via fastboot after this, however that requires booting to fastbootd to be able to erase system and install the gsi on system which twrp replaces.

How do I go about installing a gsi on this phone?

either look for a gsi rom small enought to fit your system partition or you could try erasing product to free up little more space (product isn't very large though)
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
13-09-2021, 08:39 PM
If u can't find a smaller gsi and u format system partition still unable to install gsi .so the best option is to resize ur phone partitions by adding additional space to ur system partition,with this u cannot only be able to install a gsi but u can also install the highest Gapps on ur system partition.