Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] Downgrading or re-flashing BIOS and Intel ME firmware on Lenovo x1 yoga
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Downgrading or re-flashing BIOS and Intel ME firmware on Lenovo x1 yoga

[Please help] Downgrading or re-flashing BIOS and Intel ME firmware on Lenovo x1 yoga

Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Abdullah Zafar
Techie Member
28-09-2021, 10:46 PM

Hello. After recent firmware and BIOS updates on my lenovo x1 yoga 2nd Gen, mainboard of this laptop do not turn off completely after OS shuts down. Resulting that it never come back from restart/sleep and never turn off completely upon OS shutdown.
Can anyone of you suggest a possible way to:
1. Resetting/recovering the intel management engine chip/component or re-flashing it's firmware fourcefully? I'm finding some errors in windows event logs saying "intel MEI driver could not handshake with the management engine firmware. it may be in error state or not present". May be, its causing the power down problem.
2. Downgrading the BIOS on Lenovo X1 Yoga or re-flashing the current BIOS version for repairing purposes? May be, the latest BIOS update is buggy so downgrading could solve my problem. Or if its not possible to go back to older version, simply re-flashing the current one could fix this power down issue.
Any kind of help would be highly appreciated. I'm struggling from 5days with this problem on my almost new machine. I really don't want to bring this untouched laptop to the local mechanics, and here is no official lenovo service center exists in my country.
Thanks
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
04-10-2021, 07:57 AM
(28-09-2021, 10:46 PM)Abdullah Zafar Hello. After recent firmware and BIOS updates on my lenovo x1 yoga 2nd Gen, mainboard of this laptop do not turn off completely after OS shuts down. Resulting that it never come back from restart/sleep and never turn off completely upon OS shutdown.
Can anyone of you suggest a possible way to:
1. Resetting/recovering the intel management engine chip/component or re-flashing it's firmware fourcefully? I'm finding some errors in windows event logs saying "intel MEI driver could not handshake with the management engine firmware. it may be in error state or not present". May be, its causing the power down problem.
2. Downgrading the BIOS on Lenovo X1 Yoga or re-flashing the current BIOS version for repairing purposes? May be, the latest BIOS update is buggy so downgrading could solve my problem. Or if its not possible to go back to older version, simply re-flashing the current one could fix this power down issue.
Any kind of help would be highly appreciated. I'm struggling from 5days with this problem on my almost new machine. I really don't want to bring this untouched laptop to the local mechanics, and here is no official lenovo service center exists in my country.
Thanks

Which BIOS update did you flash? where did you download it from?
patriot73
patriot73
patriot73
01-04-2022, 04:21 PM
hello,please help, I need a bios or bios dump for the KWG43-D3 ver.1.05 motherboard