Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Infinix Hot 7 won't get into recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix Hot 7 won't get into recovery

Infinix Hot 7 won't get into recovery

RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
Enthusiastic Member
02-12-2021, 01:48 AM

Infinix Hot 7 won't get into recovery after flashing with a TWRP recovery ported with Hovatek's TWRP porter. I need help. When the combo key is used it would stay on the face screen (Infinix screen) for few seconds then reboots.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-12-2021, 10:14 AM
(02-12-2021, 01:48 AM)RealACJoshua Infinix Hot 7 won't get into recovery after flashing with a TWRP recovery ported with Hovatek's TWRP porter. I need help. When the combo key is used it would stay on the face screen (Infinix screen) for few seconds then reboots.

Is the phone rooted?
Was the recovery image you used obtained from a firmware of the same build number as your device?
What Android version did you select in the tool?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
Enthusiastic Member
04-12-2021, 03:27 PM
My device is not rooted and I obtained the stock recovery image through dumping (Using Miracle Box) and I selected Android 8.1 (which is my phone's Android version). In fact this process was meant to Ultimately root my device through custom recovery
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-12-2021, 08:25 AM
(04-12-2021, 03:27 PM)RealACJoshua My device is not rooted and I obtained the stock recovery image through dumping (Using Miracle Box) and I selected Android 8.1 (which is my phone's Android version). In fact this process was meant to Ultimately root my device through custom recovery

You didn't disable dmverity
Try method 1 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
Enthusiastic Member
06-12-2021, 06:01 PM

I did use method 2. Which became successful but the Ported TWRP still wouldn't work. I need help.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2021, 10:08 AM
(06-12-2021, 06:01 PM)RealACJoshua I did use method 2. Which became successful but the Ported TWRP still wouldn't work. I need help.

Confirm that
1. The phone can boot to home screen
2. You can boot into stock recovery

Note!
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2021, 02:56 AM
My Phone boots into the home screen successful. After the flash I don't seem to be able to boot into any recovery (using the button combination gets the phone on Infinix logo until it successful reboots normally). I'm only able to access stock recovery because I flashed the stock recovery back to my device.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-12-2021, 02:02 PM
(09-12-2021, 02:56 AM)RealACJoshua My Phone boots into the home screen successful. After the flash I don't seem to be able to boot into any recovery (using the button combination gets the phone on Infinix logo until it successful reboots normally). I'm only able to access stock recovery because I flashed the stock recovery back to my device.

This is what I wanted to confirm.
Its down to a manual port then.
provide a link to your stock recovery.img

Note!
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
RealACJoshua
Enthusiastic Member
10-12-2021, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the support so far.
Here is the link to the recovery.img

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FB7tzs...p=drivesdk
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-12-2021, 11:11 AM

(10-12-2021, 01:10 AM)RealACJoshua Thanks for the support so far.
Here is the link to the recovery.img

I just sent you a PM

Note!