Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] How do i install SP driver to Flash my Elephone P7000
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] How do i install SP driver to Flash my Elephone P7000

[Please help] How do i install SP driver to Flash my Elephone P7000

AJcool_
AJcool_
AJcool_
Enthusiastic Member
10-06-2015, 10:00 AM

Good day. I've read n watched Hovatek's tutorial on using SP flash tool. Yesterday I tried flashing an official stock ROM (an updated one).... I installed the USB VCOM drivers n Preloader as instructed by the Hovatek YouTube tutorial. But when I connect my phone to d system (after clicking the download button on SP flash tool) nothing happened. System just makes a sound (USB disconnected kinda sound).
Pls what do I do?...I really need the new ROM as t supports OTA.

I noticed that in device manager, when I connect my phone (without battery) a preloader or sth shows up for a few sec n dissapears. Dunno what that means.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-06-2015, 11:37 AM
(10-06-2015, 10:00 AM)AJcool_ Good day. I've read n watched Hovatek's tutorial on using SP flash tool. Yesterday I tried flashing an official stock ROM (an updated one).... I installed the USB VCOM drivers n Preloader as instructed by the Hovatek YouTube tutorial. But when I connect my phone to d system (after clicking the download button on SP flash tool) nothing happened. System just makes a sound (USB disconnected kinda sound).

I noticed that in device manager, when I connect my phone (without battery) a preloader or sth shows up for a few sec n dissapears. Dunno what that means.

try a different PC and USB cord then use the drivers @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
AJcool_
AJcool_
AJcool_
Enthusiastic Member
10-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Thank you for replying. I' did as advised using another PC (windows 7) still nothing. The download didn't start. Although I noticed that after installing the drivers in the link u gave, only one driver was installed (USB COM) as opposed to the two drivers I saw installed in your YouTube tutorial. Pls what else can I do.

By the way kindly check out this link, dunno maybe it could help u understand what it is m tryna do. http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-1037-1-1.h...WgkX_RAU-0

Thank you Sir.
AJcool_
AJcool_
AJcool_
Enthusiastic Member
10-06-2015, 06:13 PM
(10-06-2015, 11:37 AM)hovatek
(10-06-2015, 10:00 AM)AJcool_ Good day. I've read n watched Hovatek's tutorial on using SP flash tool. Yesterday I tried flashing an official stock ROM (an updated one).... I installed the USB VCOM drivers n Preloader as instructed by the Hovatek YouTube tutorial. But when I connect my phone to d system (after clicking the download button on SP flash tool) nothing happened. System just makes a sound (USB disconnected kinda sound).

try a different PC and USB cord then use the drivers @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
AJcool_
AJcool_
AJcool_
Enthusiastic Member
10-06-2015, 06:15 PM

(10-06-2015, 11:37 AM)hovatek

Thank you for replying. I did as advised using another PC (windows 7) still nothing. The download didn't start. Although I noticed that after installing the drivers in the link u gave, only one driver was installed (USB COM) as opposed to the two drivers I saw installed in your YouTube tutorial. Pls what else can I do.

By the way kindly check out this link, dunno maybe it could help u understand what it is m tryna do. http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-1037-1-1.h...WgkX_RAU-0

Thank you Sir.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-06-2015, 06:54 PM
(10-06-2015, 06:12 PM)AJcool_ Thank you for replying. I' did as advised using another PC (windows 7) still nothing. The download didn't start. Although I noticed that after installing the drivers in the link u gave, only one driver was installed (USB COM) as opposed to the two drivers I saw installed in your YouTube tutorial. Pls what else can I do.

Thank you Sir.

i understand what you're trying to do.
the connection disconnection sound is either due to:
1.  a bad PC port, usb cord of phone port
2. improperly installed drivers

go to device manager then connect the phone to PC. let me know what the phone gets detected as under Ports

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
AJcool_
AJcool_
AJcool_
Enthusiastic Member
10-06-2015, 11:02 PM
(10-06-2015, 06:54 PM)hovatek
(10-06-2015, 06:12 PM)AJcool_ Thank you for replying. I' did as advised using another PC (windows 7) still nothing. The download didn't start. Although I noticed that after installing the drivers in the link u gave, only one driver was installed (USB COM) as opposed to the two drivers I saw installed in your YouTube tutorial. Pls what else can I do.

Thank you Sir.

i understand what you're trying to do.
the connection disconnection sound is either due to:
1.  a bad PC port, usb cord of phone port
2. improperly installed drivers

go to device manager then connect the phone to PC. let me know what the phone gets detected as under Ports

Did this on the windows 8 PC with two drivers previously installed both showing the yellow warning sign both drivers are named "Preloader USB VCOM (Android) (COM12 and the other COM 14)". On connecting my phone without battery the name " Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM (Android) came up and disappears after a few seconds.

After this I uninstalled all Mediatek drivers using usbdeview and manually from device manager. After which I connected d phone without battery....under >>ports the name “Mediatek Preloader VCOM (Android)” was displayed for 9 seconds then disappeared as usual.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-06-2015, 07:48 AM
(10-06-2015, 11:02 PM)AJcool_ Did this on the windows 8 PC with two drivers previously installed both showing the yellow warning sign both drivers are named "Preloader USB VCOM (Android) (COM12 and the other COM 14)". On connecting my phone without battery the name " Mediatek Preloader  USB VCOM (Android) came up and disappears after a few seconds.

After this I uninstalled all Mediatek drivers using usbdeview and manually from device manager. After which I connected d phone without battery....under >>ports the name “Mediatek Preloader VCOM (Android)” was displayed for 9 seconds then disappeared as usual.

hope you know you're supposed to flash in sp flash tool with battery in the phone and phone switched off.

Note!
AJcool_
AJcool_
AJcool_
Enthusiastic Member
11-06-2015, 02:55 PM
(11-06-2015, 07:48 AM)hovatek
(10-06-2015, 11:02 PM)AJcool_ Did this on the windows 8 PC with two drivers previously installed both showing the yellow warning sign both drivers are named "Preloader USB VCOM (Android) (COM12 and the other COM 14)". On connecting my phone without battery the name " Mediatek Preloader  USB VCOM (Android) came up and disappears after a few seconds.

hope you know you're supposed to flash in sp flash tool with battery in the phone and phone switched off.

Oh, I didn't know that...giving it a try.
Thanks