Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Rom Partioning

After partioning my tab which was initially having a 1G ROM to 3G, my phones USB storage has been acting strange.
It started when I installed an app 700mb I was prompted format my USB storage .
Uninstalling the app too game the same error again .
Today I formated it two times and it seems when I move any app to the storage (which is 11G) it gets corrupted as asks me to do a reset.
The first time was when in moved a file ⁴00 mb to it
The second time was after an mtk backup I did.

+++I also noticed after the backup my data was erased from the apps and the language too changed (restored it later) with most of the Google apps and some others too not responding.
I restarted the phone and that's what led to the 2nd formating .
Thanks

(06-12-2015, 09:08 PM)Oasiz Wrote: After partioning my tab which was initially having a 1G ROM to 3G, my phones USB storage has been acting strange.
It started when I installed an app 700mb I was prompted format my USB storage .
Uninstalling the app too game the same error again .
Today I formated it two times and it seems when I move any app to the storage (which is 11G)  it gets corrupted as asks me to do a reset.
The first time was when in moved a file ⁴00 mb to it
The second time was after an mtk backup I did.

+++I also noticed after the backup my data was erased from the apps and the language too changed (restored it later) with most of the Google apps and some others too not responding.
I restarted the phone and that's what led to the 2nd formating .
Thanks

1. what method did you use to increase internal storage
2. before you increased the internal storage, did you do an MTK backup
I used Ebrtweak.
I didn't make a backup, I only have the one I downloaded here to fix my tab when it was bricked the other time.
(06-13-2015, 08:48 PM)Oasiz Wrote: I used Ebrtweak.
I didn't make a backup, I only have the one I downloaded here to fix my tab when it was bricked the other time.

flash back the EBR files
I have done that but the problem still persist anytime I restart my phone.
Just did a factory reset/data wipe but nothing has changed
(06-20-2015, 01:45 PM)Oasiz Wrote: I have done that but the problem still persist anytime I restart my phone.
Just did a factory reset/data wipe but nothing has changed

whats the phone model and have you tried formatting then reflashing the stock backup?
Tecno G9
I flashed the stock backup the time I created this thread .....the formatting I did it three days ago.
(06-20-2015, 06:19 PM)Oasiz Wrote: Tecno G9
I flashed the stock backup the time I created this thread .....the formatting I did it three days ago.

so let me get you straight. after you format the flash the phone with our mtk backup, you're still having problems with the internal storage?
I flashed the phone with the stock ROM I downloaded from this site......The mtk backup I did is still there I haven't used it because the problem started before I did the backup so I still have this feeling flashing it with mtk backup won't make any difference....,
(06-21-2015, 11:20 AM)Oasiz Wrote: I flashed the phone with the stock ROM I downloaded from this site......The mtk backup I did is still there I haven't used it because the problem started before I did the backup so I still have this feeling flashing it with mtk backup won't make any difference....,

ok. 
so the problem still persists despite flashing our MTK backup?