Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android My Tecno S3 and Tecno M3 stopped booting and I do not have their rom backups
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

My Tecno S3 and Tecno M3 stopped booting and I do not have their rom backups

My Tecno S3 and Tecno M3 stopped booting and I do not have their rom backups

bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
15-06-2015, 05:38 PM

I have both phones rooted earlier since last year, without any fault except Tecno S3 that stopped vibrating ONLY.

I later discovered that M3 goes hot everytime I on H+ to browse faster and the battery drains in less than 20 minutes maximum.

S3 did not even give me any warning, it just stopped booting. Sometimes it redirects me to factory settings with chinese language when i plug in charger.

Above all, I cannot power on both devices anymore

So, I will like to request permission to have access to download their stock rom from you, while i read the threads about how to go about restoring my devices to working condition.

Thank you in anticipation, bustabaf@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-06-2015, 06:17 PM
(15-06-2015, 05:38 PM)bustabaf I have both phones rooted earlier since last year, without any fault except Tecno S3 that stopped vibrating ONLY.

I later discovered that M3 goes hot everytime I on H+ to browse faster and the battery drains in less than 20 minutes maximum.

S3 did not even give me any warning, it just stopped booting. Sometimes it redirects me to factory settings with chinese language when i plug in charger.

So, I will like to request permission to have access to download their stock rom from you, while i read the threads about how to go about restoring my devices to working condition.

Only Premium members (https://premium.hovatek.com) get access to multiple files at a time
this thread will be for the S3. create another for the M3
have you tried a factory reset?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
16-06-2015, 11:18 AM
(15-06-2015, 06:17 PM)hovatek
(15-06-2015, 05:38 PM)bustabaf I have both phones rooted earlier since last year, without any fault except Tecno S3 that stopped vibrating ONLY.

Only Premium members (https://premium.hovatek.com) get access to multiple files at a time
this thread will be for the S3. create another for the M3
have you tried a factory reset?

I cannot get the phone to power on at all.

I tried with the volume and power button so as to get to that black screen where one can get the factory setting thing, but once it reaches there, the cursor just keep moving up or down by itself without any action from my end. It keeps doing that until I remove the battery and reinsert it.

Upon reinsertion, it will not power on with the power button except i plug in charger whereby the phone comes up on but never boot pass the TECNO word written on the black screen.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-06-2015, 05:58 PM
(16-06-2015, 11:18 AM)bustabaf I cannot get the phone to power on at all.

I tried with the volume and power button so as to get to that black screen where one can get the factory setting thing, but once it reaches there, the cursor just keep moving up or down by itself without any action from my end. It keeps doing that until I remove the battery and reinsert it.

Upon reinsertion, it will not power on with the power button except i plug in charger whereby the phone comes up on but never boot pass the TECNO word written on the black screen.

granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
16-06-2015, 09:19 PM

Thank you, Hovatek. You guys have been helpful all along.

I have downloaded the TECNO S3 stock ROM as forwarded into my gmail account.

Going through the site and learning through the thread, I have also downloaded the SP Flash Tool, but unfortunately there is no power on my PC.
I would have taken out the steps as prescribed about how to flash the stock ROM. I also took time to watch the tutorial video via youtube.

These make me believe I am ready to do the flashing and get my system/handheld device working back as normal.

Thank you so much. I will update you once there is power on my PC and I've tried out the flashing.

Thanks once again, bustabaf@gmail.com