Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] my tecno m3 won't go pass boot logo

I can't say cause I don't have the suppose pc with me now which would have been useful to check the scatter file.txt

(07-16-2015, 08:51 PM)Hapalet Wrote: I can't say cause I don't have the suppose pc with me now which would have been useful to check the scatter file.txt

well, you'll need to get that first.
its very important that we're on the same page
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Yes though it is very hard to check every thing here to the one on the scatter file txt but they are both the same with no error ..I check twice cos it appears too much on the monitor still nothing amiss so what next am I to do now
(07-17-2015, 12:36 PM)Hapalet Wrote: Yes though it is very hard to check every thing here to the one on the scatter file txt but they are both the same with no error ..I check twice cos it appears too much on the monitor still nothing amiss so what next am I to do now

install notepad++ on the PC just incase you'll need it
I have notepad on the pc please what next
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2015, 10:49 AM by hovatek. )
(07-17-2015, 07:53 PM)Hapalet Wrote: I have notepad on the pc please what next

replace the scatter file in the stock backup folder with the scatter file below (unzip first)
load the modified scatter file in SP flash tool and let me know which items are ticked and which arent

Attached Files
.zip   [Hovatek] Modded Tecno M3 Old OS scatter file.zip (Size: 1.07 KB / Downloads: 10)
The following files are ticked Preloader,mbr,ebr1,uboot,bootimg,recovery,sec_ro,logo,android..while the following two are not cache and usrdata
(07-18-2015, 12:59 PM)Hapalet Wrote: The following files are ticked Preloader,mbr,ebr1,uboot,bootimg,recovery,sec_ro,logo,android..while the following two are not cache and usrdata

userdata and cache shouldnt be on the list.
are you sure you replaced the original scatter file with the modified one?
I reopen the modified scatter file with notepad++ and behold line 259 and 274 has partition name cache and usrdata respectively or should I clean it from the scatterfile
You are right when I check the folder where I have the files to flash I notice I have two scatter files one with modded in its name and by mistake choose the former.