Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] my tecno m3 won't go pass boot logo
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] my tecno m3 won't go pass boot logo

[Please help] my tecno m3 won't go pass boot logo

Pages (9): 1 2 3 4 59 Next
Deehhy
Deehhy
Deehhy
Techie Member
18-06-2015, 12:17 AM

I initially had a problem with my old rooted tecno m3 4.2.2 os whereby I installed ifont which soft bricked my phone..I went through a lot to get it to work again cause i didn't enable usb debugging and I was still using stock recovery as at when the phone soft brick.I eventually change my stock recovery to CWM recovery which enabled me to flash a custom rom and later did a restore using a cwm backup from a new tecno m3 4.2.2 os..all was going well but after a while I noticed my battery drain quicker and it gets hot while charging even discharges if I attempt operating in the process..it seems my luck ran out yesterday when I switch it off to conserve battery but when I switch it back on it wont pass the boot logo though I still have that new tecno m3 backup on my sd but I notice something else with my CWM it keeps bringing up One log error...E/ system/recovery/cache/log. not sure if am correct but something like that I try restoring that backup but the phone still won't pass the boot stage I even went ahead to download a custom rom cause that is how i resolved it the first time yet nothing..pls I don't know what to do..maybe getting my hands on an old tecno m3 4.2.2 stock rom will help but am just saying,am i missing something here?

NP:i did factory reset,wipe cache partition,format system,cache,data and even wipe davlk cache..nothing I haven't tried.
This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 12:20 AM by Deehhy. Edit Reason: I didn't specify the model
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-06-2015, 10:45 AM
(18-06-2015, 12:17 AM)Hapalet I initially had a problem with my old rooted tecno m3 4.2.2 os whereby I installed ifont which soft bricked my phone..I went through a lot to get it to work again cause i didn't enable usb debugging and I was still using stock recovery as at when the phone soft brick.I eventually change my stock recovery to CWM recovery which enabled me to flash a custom rom and later did a restore using a cwm backup from a new tecno m3 4.2.2 os..all was going well but after a while I noticed my battery drain quicker and it gets hot while charging even discharges if I attempt operating in the process..it seems my luck ran out yesterday when I switch it off to conserve battery but when I switch it back on it wont pass the boot logo though I still have that new tecno m3 backup on my sd but I notice something else with my CWM it keeps bringing up One log error...E/ system/recovery/cache/log.  not sure if am correct but something like that I try restoring that backup but the phone still won't pass the boot stage I even went ahead to download a custom rom cause that is how i resolved it the first time yet nothing..pls I don't know what to do..maybe getting my hands on an old tecno m3 4.2.2 stock rom will help but am just saying,am i missing something here?

NP:i did factory reset,wipe cache partition,format system,cache,data and even wipe davlk cache..nothing I haven't tried.

1. check the pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and confirm that yours is old OS 4.2
2. supply a gmail address

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Deehhy
Deehhy
Deehhy
Techie Member
18-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Mine is old tecno m3 though the backup i use to restore it is from a new tecno m3 thereby making it look like its a new tecno m3..my gmail is hapaletyk@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-06-2015, 06:21 PM
(18-06-2015, 12:10 PM)Hapalet Mine is old tecno m3 though the backup i use to restore it is from a new tecno m3 thereby making it look like its a new tecno m3..my gmail is hapaletyk@gmail.com

granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Deehhy
Deehhy
Deehhy
Techie Member
19-06-2015, 01:24 AM

thanks but is it compulsory I use sp flash tool cause I don't own a PC...when I try to install the stock ROM via CWM I got installation aborted..is it that my CWM is the one malfunctioning or my phone..cause I keep seeing E: can't open cache/recovery/last_log ..I tried using that backup again since I couldn't get the stock ROM to install via CWM but it told me cant install system..pls help me out
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-06-2015, 09:18 AM
(19-06-2015, 01:24 AM)Hapalet thanks but is it compulsory I use sp flash tool cause I don't own a PC...when I try to install the stock ROM via CWM I got installation aborted..is it that my CWM is the one malfunctioning or my phone..cause I keep seeing E: can't open cache/recovery/last_log ..I tried using that backup again since I couldn't get the stock ROM to install via CWM but it told me cant install system..pls help me out

its best you use sp flash tool because cwm backups dont contain as much as mtk backups do and there seems to be a lot to be corrected.
besides, the "E: can't open cache/recovery/last_log" error points at a faulty /system

Note!
Deehhy
Deehhy
Deehhy
Techie Member
02-07-2015, 12:10 AM
Sp flash tool not connecting to my device I have tried different versions of SP flash tools and none seems to work..when I connect my phone,PDAnet do recognize the connection even mtkdroid tools but SP is not giving any luck..anytime I click on download on SP and immediately connect my phone all I see underneath is searching..please what next to do this is not USB debugging issue cause it is surely on
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-07-2015, 11:49 AM
(02-07-2015, 12:10 AM)Hapalet Sp flash tool not connecting to my device I have tried different versions of SP flash tools and none seems to work..when I connect my phone,PDAnet do recognize the connection even mtkdroid tools but SP is not giving any luck..anytime I click on download on SP and immediately connect my phone all I see underneath is searching..please what next to do this is not USB debugging issue cause it is surely on

thats because you didnt install vcom drivers as instructed in the SP flash tool guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
install vcom drivers using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html then repeat flashing

Note!
Deehhy
Deehhy
Deehhy
Techie Member
03-07-2015, 12:50 AM
Am getting BROM : S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149) after installing the vcom driver..please what next? I have tried some versions of sp flash tools,different usb and different port still the same thing..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-07-2015, 10:29 AM

(03-07-2015, 12:50 AM)Hapalet Am getting BROM : S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149) after installing the vcom driver..please what next? I have tried some versions of sp flash tools,different usb and different port still the same thing..

can the phone enter factory mode (volume down + power)?
you might need to use AIO flasher @  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-466.html

Note!
Pages (9): 1 2 3 4 59 Next