Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] New infinix hot note soft bricked

Sad 

To whom it may concern
please i bricked my infinix hot note x551 (running latest firmware and rooted with kingroot) while trying to install the drivers of an app called chainfire 3d. I installed the app without any problem but immediately i tried installing it libraries my phone rebooted and since then it has just been stucked in bootloop though i can boot to recorvery. I download all the necessary files (scatter file, flash tool etc) and even a stock rom but am scared of flashing my phone with an untrusted rom. I got your link from google so am requesting for a good rom dat will just look similar 2 d phone original rom (no bugs). I guess i can trust u guys cause u got reputation. My pc is faulty but i av an old winxp pc i can use for d flashing. Can i use it? And after i sucessfully flash the rom, can i still recieve/update my phone software?
My profile email is correct

(06-18-2015, 08:20 AM)Yungekash Wrote: To whom it may concern
please i bricked my infinix hot note x551 (running latest firmware and rooted with kingroot) while trying to install the drivers of an app called chainfire 3d. I installed the app without any problem but immediately i tried installing it libraries my phone rebooted and since then it has just been stucked in bootloop though i can boot to recorvery. I download all the necessary files (scatter file, flash tool etc) and even a stock rom but am scared of flashing my phone with an untrusted rom. I got your link from google so am requesting for a good rom dat will just look similar 2 d phone original rom (no bugs). I guess i can trust u guys cause u got reputation. My pc is faulty but i av an old winxp pc i can use for d flashing. Can i use it? And after i sucessfully flash the rom, can i still recieve/update my phone software?
My profile email is correct

you need to flash system.img from the stock backup
supply a gmail address to get download permission
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
[email protected]
(06-18-2015, 12:14 PM)Yungekash Wrote: [email protected]

granted! download @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-533.html and flash system.img (Android) using Sp flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
Thanks very much, i did not understand ur tutorial, is the system.img file in the zip? If yes, where can i download dis particular backup scatter file, and where should i extract the files to, and should i extract only the system.img file. Sorry 4 d questions.
(06-18-2015, 07:09 PM)Yungekash Wrote: Thanks very much, i did not understand ur tutorial, is the system.img file in the zip? If yes, where can i download dis particular backup scatter file, and where should i extract the files to, and should i extract only the system.img file. Sorry 4 d questions.

after you download the X551 stock backup (zip) at the link you were given, you extract the content of the zip file. after extracting, you'll have a folder containing all the files, system.img is among.
see the sp flash tool video to understand how to flash only system.img (Android)
[email protected]! download @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-533.html and flash system.img (Android) using Sp flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
hovatekYungekashThanks very much, i did not understand ur tutorial, is the system.img file in the zip? If yes, where can i download dis particular backup scatter file, and where should i extract the files to, and should i extract only the system.img file. Sorry 4 d questions.after you download the X551 stock backup (zip) at the link you were given, you extract the content of the zip file. after extracting, you'll have a folder containing all the files, system.img is among.see the sp flash tool video to understand how to flash only system.img (Android)
i downloaded and open d zip, bt while extracting, it stops telling me zip is corrupt
The system.img refuse 2 extract

I redownloaded the rom and tried it on different software (7zip, winrar, universal extractor) still the system.img wont extract (says archieve corrupt), what's wrong? Or can u kindly extract d system.img and send it 2 my mail? Cos i av extracted d other files.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2015, 06:55 PM by hovatek. )
(06-19-2015, 02:37 PM)Yungekash Wrote: I redownloaded the rom and tried it on different software (7zip, winrar, universal extractor) still the system.img wont extract (says archieve corrupt), what's wrong? Or can u kindly extract d system.img and send it 2 my mail? Cos i av extracted d other files.

seems you've got it all mixed up
when i say extract, im not asking you to try to extract the content of system.img (of course you'll get an error)
just unzip the ROM and you'll have a folder containing several files. follow the sp flash tool guide from this point.
ensure to see the video