Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Tecno s3 did not connect with via usb cable to my PC
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Tecno s3 did not connect with via usb cable to my PC

[Please help] My Tecno s3 did not connect with via usb cable to my PC

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
18-06-2015, 10:15 PM

My phone (TECNO S3) developed fault and I need to flash stock rom on it, which i requested from hovatek and got. But I realised that my device is not connecting anymore with PC.

I have tried VCom and ADB Driver, yet I couldn't get my PC to connect with my phone, no matter how hard I try.

The reply I usually get is that: USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED

Please, help me out.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-06-2015, 09:02 AM
(18-06-2015, 10:15 PM)bustabaf My phone (TECNO S3) developed fault and I need to flash stock rom on it, which i requested from hovatek and got. But I realised that my device is not connecting anymore with PC.

I have tried VCom and ADB Driver, yet I couldn't get my PC to connect with my phone, no matter how hard I try.

The reply I usually get is that: USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED

Please, help me out.

its quite possible you interrupted sp flash tool while flashing
try using a different PC and USB cord

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
19-06-2015, 09:15 AM
It isn't like that. I have always noticed that usb cable isn't connecting my device with PC before I ventured into flashing with SP Flash Tool at all.

Is there any other way I can resolve this?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-06-2015, 06:13 PM
(19-06-2015, 09:15 AM)bustabaf It isn't like that. I have always noticed that usb cable isn't connecting my device with PC before I ventured into  flashing with SP Flash Tool at all.

try a different USB cord and PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
20-06-2015, 02:30 AM

(19-06-2015, 06:13 PM)hovatek
(19-06-2015, 09:15 AM)bustabaf It isn't like that. I have always noticed that usb cable isn't connecting my device with PC before I ventured into  flashing with SP Flash Tool at all.

try a different USB cord and PC

Oops! I did, and I got stuck at same point......unable to read my device using the USB Cable still.

Please, any other thing you know I could do? I will really appreciate this if you help me resolve this dilemma. Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-06-2015, 10:28 AM
(20-06-2015, 02:30 AM)bustabaf Oops! I did, and I got stuck at same point......unable to read my device using the USB Cable still.

Please, any other thing you know I could do? I will really appreciate this if you help me resolve this dilemma. Thank you.

try more PCs and cords.
you might also want to consider the technique @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

Note!
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
20-06-2015, 11:13 AM
This is getting to hitting a dead wall. I think. The error is not caused by SP Flash Tool at all. It might be due to rooting I did many months ago on it. After rooting with kingroop app on PC, it still worked fine for many month, but later just stopped getting access via USB till now that it is not powering on anymore.

Before it stopped powering on, usb cable connected to PC only charges the battery and brings up notification on PC that unknown usb connected blah blah blah with the yellow sign saying usb device not successfully installed.

And now that I want to flash stock ROM to it, it became impossible through USB cable
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
20-06-2015, 11:15 AM
What do you advise I do, please???
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-06-2015, 02:41 PM
(20-06-2015, 11:15 AM)bustabaf What do you advise I do, please???

since this has been happening before now, the phone's usb port might be bad
can you get access to a working S3 or M3?
might be possible to use them to auto install the drivers
if driver installation fails then you need to have the port looked at

Note!
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
20-06-2015, 05:49 PM

(20-06-2015, 02:41 PM)hovatek
(20-06-2015, 11:15 AM)bustabaf What do you advise I do, please???

since this has been happening before now, the phone's usb port might be bad
can you get access to a working S3 or M3?
might be possible to use them to auto install the drivers
if driver installation fails then you need to have the port looked at
Yeah. You got a point there seriously!!

I will try my best to secure M3 or S3 phone as early as possible. But please am I to install the Driver using pdanet, adb driver or Vcom? I need to know precisely because I may only have few minutes with the phone if I ever get one.

Thank you for the help so far.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next