Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Tecno s3 did not connect with via usb cable to my PC
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Tecno s3 did not connect with via usb cable to my PC

[Please help] My Tecno s3 did not connect with via usb cable to my PC

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-06-2015, 09:19 PM

(20-06-2015, 05:49 PM)bustabaf Yeah. You got a point there seriously!!

I will try my best to secure M3 or S3 phone as early as possible. But please am I to install the Driver using pdanet, adb driver or Vcom? I need to know precisely because I may only have few minutes with the phone if I ever get one.

Thank you for the help so far.

you switch off the phone with battery inside then connect to PC via usb cord. do the same without battery inside
if a driver installation prompt appears, wait till its complete before disconnecting the phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
21-06-2015, 03:24 AM
(20-06-2015, 09:19 PM)hovatek
(20-06-2015, 05:49 PM)bustabaf Yeah. You got a point there seriously!!

I will try my best to secure M3 or S3 phone as early as possible. But please am I to install the Driver using pdanet, adb driver or Vcom? I need to know precisely because I may only have few minutes with the phone if I ever get one.

Thank you for the help so far.

you switch off the phone with battery inside then connect to PC via usb cord. do the same without battery inside
if a driver installation prompt appears, wait till its complete before disconnecting the phone

Morning,

You've lost me here. Please, how do you mean by I switch off the phone with the battery inside..... And do the same without the battery inside??

Do you mean, I do it twice? First by leaving the battery inside and connecting the device to PC and let the driver install?......And then remove the battery, connect to PC and also allow the driver to install as well?

Please, explain explicitly.

Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-06-2015, 05:06 PM
(21-06-2015, 03:24 AM)bustabaf Morning,

You've lost me here. Please, how do you mean by I switch off the phone with the battery inside..... And do the same without the battery inside??

Do you mean, I do it twice? First by leaving the battery inside and connecting the device to PC and let the driver install?......And then remove the battery, connect to PC and also allow the driver to install as well?

Please, explain explicitly.

Thank you.

on some devices, drivers get installed when connected to PC while switched off with battery inside. on others, drivers get installed when connected to PC without battery. I asked you to do both so at least one should work

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
21-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Thank you so much.....I was able to get a Tecno s3 at church today. I did the installation, both with and without battery. Yet, my device was returning USB Device Not Supported.

Nothing is wrong with my PC usb ports as other phones are working fine on the PC with no qualms.

And my perception is that nothing is physically wrong with the ports of the Tecno device. I sense the problem is software-issue.

How to resolve it is what I do not know. Please fill me in if there is a way out of this.

Thanks!!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-06-2015, 10:34 AM

(21-06-2015, 07:34 PM)bustabaf Thank you so much.....I was able to get a Tecno s3 at church today. I did the installation, both with and without battery. Yet, my device was returning USB Device Not Supported.

Nothing is wrong with my PC usb ports as other phones are working fine on the PC with no qualms.

And my perception is that nothing is physically wrong with the ports of the Tecno device. I sense the problem is software-issue.

How to resolve it is what I do not know. Please fill me in if there is a way out of this.

Thanks!!

ports get loose / weak mind you.
ok, let me give you a  breakdown.
the reasons you could be having the error are :
1. flashing was interrupted  (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html)
2. faulty PC or phone ports
3. improperly installed driver
4. faulty PC OS

its now up to you to eliminate

Note!
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
22-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Out of the points you laid out, only faulty phone port is like. All others are false.

Please, what is the way around this?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-06-2015, 06:48 PM
(22-06-2015, 05:13 PM)bustabaf Out of the points you laid out, only faulty phone port is like. All others are false.

Please, what is the way around this?

have the port changed

Note!
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
23-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Do you mean I should take the device to phone engineer to replace the port?

I am sorry for asking again, I only want to be double sure I got you right.

Thanks!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-06-2015, 04:46 PM
(23-06-2015, 12:36 PM)bustabaf Do you  mean I should take the device to phone engineer to replace the port?

I am sorry for asking again, I only want to be double sure I got you right.

Thanks!

exactly. and try getting a thick USB cord while your're at it

Note!
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
23-06-2015, 04:57 PM

Please, i do not know what you mean by thick usb cord
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next