Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Error Codes] List of sp flash tool error codes, meanings & how to fix (solution)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Error Codes] List of sp flash tool error codes, meanings & how to fix (solution)

[Error Codes] List of sp flash tool error codes, meanings & how to fix (solution)

Pages (39): Previous 113 14 15 16 1739 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-11-2014, 08:26 PM

(10-11-2014, 06:01 PM)laolord07 Everything was set but download would still not go. Only the last step of download isn't functional. What do I need to do?

please, create a new thread for this issue by clicking. http://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
jorizpac
jorizpac
jorizpac
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2014, 01:03 PM
(13-09-2014, 10:22 AM)Mcoul15
(13-09-2014, 09:28 AM)hovatek
(13-09-2014, 12:49 AM)Mcoul15 I've no file named but after to make" prepare blocks for flash tool", I've got this list:
boot.img , EBR1, logo.bin, MBR, Mt6572_Android_scatter, preloader.bin, recovery.img, system.img

good. Now flash these files to your phone (that's the ones inside the !files to flash folder) . To do this, ensure to load scatter files from the !files to flash folder which contains preloader.bin . lets know how it goes

I flash these files to my phone but that stay the same screen!

hi, just want to share something, maybe ur fone's not meeting the requirements of the rom, ,some rom required resolution , maybe ur fone resolution is wvga and the rom is for qhd or vise versa, ,jus like mine.
miracle2310
miracle2310
miracle2310
Enthusiastic Member
16-12-2014, 03:47 PM
please i can not find preloader.bin in the m5 mtk backup
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2014, 05:24 PM
(16-12-2014, 03:47 PM)miracle2310 please i can not find preloader.bin in the m5 mtk backup

yes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Grncharov
Grncharov
Grncharov
29-12-2014, 01:44 PM

Hello
i have a problem issue with sp flash tool...
my phone alcatel ot spop 4030x is bricked and im trying to flash custom rom, but im end up with:
brom error s_da_dram_not_support (3004) and i dont know what this mean and how to fix it.
if there is a way to hellp me, please do...
Attached Files
.jpg
isti kurac.jpg
Size: 418.9 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-12-2014, 03:49 PM
(29-12-2014, 01:44 PM)Grncharov Hello
i have a problem issue with sp flash tool...
my phone alcatel ot spop 4030x is bricked and im trying to flash custom rom, but im end up with:
brom error s_da_dram_not_support (3004) and i dont know what this mean and how to fix it.
if there is a way to hellp me, please do...

please, create a new thread for this issue by
clicking. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4
This post was last modified: 29-12-2014, 03:50 PM by hovatek.

Note!
abiola357
abiola357
abiola357
17-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Need hovatek attention plss,,, I used spflashtool to flash my stock rom... not rooted and no cwm.... after everything I, I power on and to my surprise no network shown.... just showing X at d network signal..... wen I tried to go through d fone amd see wat might caused it, I found out that the imei info is showing unknown, and mtkengineering mode,mobileuncle tools, gravity box can't change it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-01-2015, 09:09 AM
(17-01-2015, 10:50 PM)abiola357 Need hovatek attention plss,,, I used spflashtool to flash my stock rom... not rooted and no cwm.... after everything I, I power on and to my surprise no network shown.... just showing X at d network signal..... wen I tried to go through d fone amd see wat might caused it, I found out that the imei info is showing unknown,  and mtkengineering mode,mobileuncle tools, gravity box can't change it

please, create a new thread for this issue by clicking. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4

Note!
jahstech
jahstech
jahstech
Enthusiastic Member
19-02-2015, 12:23 PM
(03-08-2014, 09:13 AM)hovatek Here's a list of SP Flash tool errors, what they mean and how to fix / resolve them.  We'll keep adding to the list so keep checking, and feel free to contribute.

Phone is totally dead

Solution: Follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=286

Phone still not working after flashing

Solution: 
* Give up to 5 minutes because first boot takes time
* Boot the phone into recovery mode then wipe data / factory reset
* Remove the battery for 30 seconds then slot back in
* Try a firmware upgrade . use MTK droid tools version 2.3.0 to backup usrdata & cache or copy then from the clockworkmod backup
* Try a firmware / ROM from another source

Phone shows white screen, strange colors or divided screen after flashing

Message: You can see the phone responding to buttons and making sound but all is blurred by white screen

* Solution: The ROM / Firmware you flashed is incompatible, get from another source (especially boot.img , logo.bin and uboot.bin / lk.bin )

Phone automatically disconnecting during flashing

Message: The phone makes the disconnecting sound just as flashing begins, interrupting the process

Solution: 
* Try a different USB cord and USB port
* Try Flashing the ROM without battery inside the phone
* Try holding down the Volume decrease (you could try volume increase or both) while connecting the phone to PC for flashing

Sp Flash tool remains at 0%

Meaning: Necessary drivers have not been successfully installed on the PC

Solution: 
* Follow this guide @ https://hovatek.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=440  to manually install vcom drivers

Error 5054

Message:  BROM ERROR S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTINGS_FAIL (5054) please check your load matches your target which is to be downloaded

Meaning: The files you're trying to flash do not belong to or are not compatible with the phone you're trying to flash them to

Solution: 
* Ensure you're using the correct files. If you're sure they are, then try formatting before flashing again

Initialize scatter failed

Message: Error: Initialize scatter file failed. Please check the scatter file name you load is legal

Meaning: SP Flash tool doesn't accept the name format of your scatter file

Solution: 
* Ensure the scatter file wasn't renamed. If you're certain it wasn't, try a higher version of SP Flash tool

Error 8038

Message: Error 8038! Android download  pmt is ready and layout has been changed

Meaning: SP Flash tool is having trouble writing to certain partitions due to some incompatibility 

Solution: 
* Format the phone in SP flash tool (Do not format Bootloader) then try flashing the files again using Download
* If Download doesnt work then do a firmware upgrade
* If the MTK backup contains more than one scatter file, retry flashing with the other scatter file.
* If that isn't feasible, try formatting first or use firmware upgrade
* If that doesn't work, open the scatter file using Notepad++ and change __NODL_FAT to FAT by removing "__NODL_" . 

Error 4032

Message: BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail

Meaning: SP Flash tool is unable to enable DRAM / communicate effectively with the device

Solution: 
* Ensure that the file(s) you're trying to flash are actually for your exact phone model
* Uninstall vcom,  preloader and MTK drivers using usbdeview then manually re-install using  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
* Delete the sp flash tool folder then re-extract
* Ensure the phone is switched off (with battery still inside) before connecting to PC for flashing.
* If that doesn't work, keep  holding  down the volume decrease button just before connecting the phone to PC for flashing (you could try volume increase , power + volume decrease or power + volume increase).
* Consider using the latest version of Sp Flash tool
* Format the phone before trying to flash the file(s) again

Error 5056

Meaning:  The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution: 
* Ensure that the file(s) you're trying to flash are actually for your exact phone model
* Try another stock ROM

Error 4001

Meaning: SP flash tool is having difficulty communicating with the device

Solution:  
* Change the USB-port and transfer SP Flash Tool to the root of your main hard drive ( C: ) then run as admin
* Ensure to install the correct drivers (see  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html )

Sp flash tool was successful but phone's calibration doesn't work

Solution:
* Edit the scatter file using Notepad++ and remove NODL__  (or set is_download: false to is_download: true ) in front of the items you have in the backup folder but aren't listed when you load the scatter file in SP flash tool. This way, these items will become listed when  next you load the scatter file (after saving of course) and therefore flashable

Pls boss my phone is dead and won't come up, it vibrates when i press power button but nothing shows on the screen, pls i need directions on what to do, am using a tecno p5 and if possible help me with the defualt rom since every time i try to flash it with sp flash tools it returns the error on brom issue, i think that 5069 error.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-02-2015, 03:28 PM

(19-02-2015, 12:23 PM)jahstech Pls boss my phone is dead and won't come up, it vibrates when i press power button but nothing shows on the screen, pls i need directions on what to do, am using a tecno p5 and if possible help me with the defualt rom since every time i try to flash it with sp flash tools it returns the error on brom issue, i think that 5069 error.

please, create a new thread for this by clicking https://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4

Note!
Pages (39): Previous 113 14 15 16 1739 Next