Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers in Windows
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers in Windows

[Tutorial] How to install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers in Windows

Pages (18): Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next
wild_emo24
wild_emo24
wild_emo24
09-09-2015, 03:45 PM

good day sir about the manual instalation of preloader and vcom driver... I could not see them when I run usbdeview even I follow the manual instalation and rebooted the pc.. is it already installed? becouse i've tried alot and the error is still 4032?
and I also downloaded about 4 roms for flashing and still these appear?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-09-2015, 07:03 PM
(09-09-2015, 03:45 PM)wild_emo24 good day sir about the manual instalation of preloader and vcom driver... I could not see them when I run usbdeview even I follow the manual instalation and rebooted the pc.. is it already installed? becouse i've tried alot and the error is still 4032?
and I also downloaded about 4 roms for flashing and still these  appear?

create a new thread so we focus on this

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
14-09-2015, 02:14 PM
the link to download the USB vcon is for Windows 7 how do I download for Windows 8 and
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-09-2015, 04:08 PM
(14-09-2015, 02:14 PM)Drockstar the link to download the USB vcon is for Windows 7 how do I download for Windows 8 and

it also works for Windows 8. just ensure to select the driver for your PC's architecture (32 or 64 bit) and disable signature verification as the guide instructs in your case

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
20-09-2015, 09:04 AM

How do I uninstall drives especially sp flash tool ...does factory reset wipe out software installed
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
24-09-2015, 06:19 AM
(03-08-2014, 01:13 PM)hovatek Requirement

1. Download MediaTek USB VCOM drivers 
2. Download USB Deview ( 32 bit here : 64 bit here )

Note: 
* You might need to disable drivers signature verification in Windows for this to work smoothly.  see  http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-752.html for the procedure 

* If you have access to a working phone of the same model then remove the battery from the working phone and connect to PC via USB cord. Mediatek preloader VCOM drivers should be automatically installed so you can skip the rest of this guide

Procedure

# See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/sADkzyI8Z5Q

1. Install USBDeview and use it to uninstall all Vcom, Mediatek and Preloader drivers (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html )
1b. Extract the contents of the Mediatek USB VCOM file above ( The Password when extracting is Hovatek )

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-1.jpg]

2. In Windows, go to Control Panel and open Device Manager

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-2.jpg]

3. Click any of the device groups (any of the items on the list) you see there, then from Action menu at the top, select Add legacy hardware

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-3.jpg]

4. The Add hardware wizard will be launched, click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-4.jpg]

5. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-5.jpg]

6. Click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-6.jpg]

6b. Click Have Disk...

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-7.jpg]

7. Click Browse... and locate your driver's .inf file then select it (the .inf you're to select is located in drivers > USB Vcom driver > your OS) .
* Ensure to select the 64 bit .inf if your PC is 64 bit and the other if your PC is a 32 bit PC
* If you're using a Windows 8 PC then install the Windows 7 drivers

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-81.jpg]

8. Click Open and OK. You will see the drivers listed

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-drivers-17.jpg]

9. Select your driver there (select Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port)  then Click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-drivers-14.jpg]

9b. Click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-drivers-15.jpg]

10. Click Finish. Ignore the Code 10 error. You're getting it because you have installed an unsigned driver

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-drivers-16.jpg]

10b. Your drivers should now appear on the list. Ignore the yellow warning triangle. You're getting it because you have installed an unsigned driver

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mt65xx-mtk-drivers-13.jpg]

Note

* If SP flash tool or other software still dont detect your phone then also install Mediatek DA VCOM (consider installing more from the list of drivers one at a time if need be  )
* If you get the code 10 error after the installation, simply ignore it and proceed with SP flash tool. You're only getting that error because the driver is not digitally signed.

Is there always password requested when extracting the vcon drivers bcos I did not see anything like password

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-09-2015, 09:14 AM
(24-09-2015, 06:19 AM)Drockstar Is there always password requested when extracting the vcon drivers bcos I did not see anything like password

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile

there's none

Note!
abraham.o.samson
abraham.o.samson
abraham.o.samson
Enthusiastic Member
26-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Thank you,

But all effort to download Download MediaTek USB VCOM drivers was proved abortive it was taking me to advat page of http://adf.ly/rRqwT.

Please help me.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-09-2015, 12:45 PM
(26-09-2015, 12:19 PM)abraham.o.samson Thank you,

But all effort to download Download MediaTek USB VCOM drivers was proved abortive it was taking me to advat page of http://adf.ly/rRqwT.

Please help me.

when the advert pages is done loading, you should see "SKIP ADS" at the top right hand corner.. click it to proceed
abraham.o.samson
abraham.o.samson
abraham.o.samson
Enthusiastic Member
26-09-2015, 01:26 PM

(26-09-2015, 12:45 PM)X3non
(26-09-2015, 12:19 PM)abraham.o.samson Thank you,

Please help me.

when the advert pages is done loading, you should see "SKIP ADS" at the top right hand corner.. click it to proceed
Pages (18): Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next