Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Tutorial] Upgrading Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] Upgrading Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit

[Tutorial] Upgrading Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit

Poll: Should Windows 7 32-bit be upgraded to 64-bit?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Never try it
0%
Votes 0
Worse and unadvised
0%
Votes 0
Worse if upgraded
0%
Votes 0
Bad
0%
Votes 0
No point
0%
Votes 0
Good for advance user
0%
Votes 0
Better depending on choice
50.00%
Votes 1
Better, but not necessary
0%
Votes 0
Better
50.00%
Votes 1
Best of all
0%
Votes 0

Total 2 vote(s) 100%
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
23-06-2015, 03:09 PM

Good afternoon,

Please I need a thorough guide on how to successfully upgrade my system (Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP 1 to 64-biit)

Suffice to say is that I have checked my system properties and found out that it is compatible with 64-bit (image attached below).
I would like to upgrade my system to 64-bit as I feel it will make it smoother, faster and more operational.

The only issue is that I have read a couple of tutorials online about how to go about this, but I want a one-on-one tutorial so that I can be rest assured someone is watching my back as I am embarking on it.

Thank you for expected assistance.
bustabaf@gmail.com
This post was last modified: 23-06-2015, 03:22 PM by bustabaf.
Attached Files
.jpg
64-bit compatible.jpg
Size: 73.5 KB / Downloads: 7
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-06-2015, 05:23 PM
(23-06-2015, 03:09 PM)bustabaf Good afternoon,

Please I need a thorough guide on how to successfully upgrade my system (Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP 1 to 64-biit)

Suffice to say is that I have checked my system properties and found out that it is compatible with 64-bit (image attached below).
I would like to upgrade my system to 64-bit as I feel it will make it smoother, faster and more operational.

The only issue is that I have read a couple of tutorials online about how to go about this, but I want a one-on-one tutorial so that I can be rest assured someone is watching my back as I am embarking on it.

Thank you for expected assistance.
bustabaf@gmail.com

Just get your 64 bit Windows 7 installation disk then follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-inst...em-cd-dvd/
the guide contains step by step pictures and even a video to make it much easier for you

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
23-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Thanks

But my system is a mini laptop. It has no drive to play a CD.
I have somewhere online that the 64-bit iso file can be downloaded online and installed on the PC using a flash drive.

Is this safe?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-06-2015, 10:24 AM
(23-06-2015, 05:27 PM)bustabaf Thanks

But my system is a mini laptop. It has no drive to play a CD.
I have somewhere online that the 64-bit iso file can be downloaded online and installed on the PC using a flash drive.

Is this safe?

Yes, and the tutorial i gave you explains exactly how to do that (creating bootable flash drives)
This post was last modified: 24-06-2015, 10:25 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
24-06-2015, 04:27 PM

Thank you. Now I know better.

Also, please will I lose all my data on my PC if I upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit?
I mean, will my documents and file previously saved on my c: drive and other created drive still be intact?

Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-06-2015, 07:03 PM
(24-06-2015, 04:27 PM)bustabaf Thank you. Now I know better.

Also, please will I lose all my data on my PC if I upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit?
I mean, will my documents and file previously saved on my c: drive and other created drive still be intact?

Thank you.

so far you're upgrading from Windows 7 , they will be saved to the Windows.old folder (so far you dont use the format option)
see the video @ the guide, all these and more are explained

Note!
bustabaf
bustabaf
bustabaf
24-06-2015, 07:13 PM
That's cool. Thanks!!!

Currently downloading the video tutorial. I will watch it once download complete.

By the way, if I get you right, upgrading to other OS like Windows 8 will erase my previous data on the PC....right?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-06-2015, 09:40 AM
(24-06-2015, 07:13 PM)bustabaf That's cool. Thanks!!!

Currently downloading the video tutorial. I will watch it once download complete.

By the way, if I get you right,  upgrading to other OS like Windows 8 will erase my previous data on the PC....right?

no it wont. any movement from 7 to 7 and above saves files to C:\Windows.old . only installed programs will be lost
This post was last modified: 25-06-2015, 09:41 AM by hovatek.

Note!