09-24-2015, 08:18 AM
Help me please! When I click on any of the two download links, it displays the following message "This webpage is not available", and below "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"
(08-05-2014, 02:03 PM)hovatek Wrote: If you're unable to flash Clockworkmod 5 to your MTK Android phone (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Opsson, Innjoo, Lead1, TLC etc) for whatever reason then here's a guide on how to manually flash it.
# See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/4stHr2N7dVg
* You can upgrade your Clockworkmod recovery 5 to Clockworkmod recovery 6 using the guide @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-182.html
* You can port TWRP recovery to your phone using the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-5162.html
* Note that the procedure is the same for MTK based Android phones.
1. Download MTK droid tools
2. Download PdaNet
3. A PC
4. USB cord
5. A working phone (this is needed to install Mediatek drivers; its ok whether rooted or not)
6. The phone you wish to flash CWM to (might be the same phone as that above if its not bricked but needs to be rooted for this purpose)
7. Make an MTK backup first just in case something goes wrong ( See http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html )
If you encounter any error in MTK Droid Tools then see a list of MTK Droid tools errors and their solutions @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-7655.html
1. Enable USB debugging on a working phone (Settings > Developer > Tick USB Debugging. If no Developer under Settings then go to Settings > About > Keep tapping Build Number till Developer appears under Settings ) and connect it to the PC
2. With the phone connected, install PdaNet (Select Other from the list ; you should see "Drivers Successfully Installed" at the end of installation) .
3. Launch MTK Droid tools
4. MTK Droid tools should display the phone's details by the left
4a. If it doesn't detect the phone then boot the phone into factory mode (volume decrease + power button)
5. The box at the bottom should be yellow
6. Click Root at the bottom of MTK and select Yes if prompted on PC and Grant on phone
7. A green bar should load and the yellow box should become green
8. Click on the root,backup,recovery tab at the top
9. Click Backup and wait for the backup process to be complete
10. When prompted to pack backup, select No.
11. When backup is complete, tick 'To select boot.img' (if you don't have the boot.img file then tick 'To select Boot from phone' )
11a. Click Recovery and Boot
12. If a Window pops up, select the boot file from the MTK backup you just made (MTK folder > Backups > Phone backup)
13. Click Yes to every prompt you get
14. When promoted to boot into recovery mode, click Yes
15. The phone should now boot into clockworkmod recovery mode
16. Ensure to make a CWM Backup of the phone (See http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-472.html )