Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to create Clockworkmod recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to create Clockworkmod recovery

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to create Clockworkmod recovery

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 58 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-08-2014, 02:03 PM

This guide will explain how to port Clockworkmod (CWM) to your Mediatek device using MTK Droid tools. If you're unable to flash Clockworkmod 5 to your MTK Android phone (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Opsson, Innjoo, Lead1, TLC etc) for whatever reason then here's a guide on how to manually flash it.

Requirements

• Download MTK Droid tools
  • Download PdaNet @ http://pdanet.co/a/
  • A PC
  • USB cord
  • A working phone (this is needed to install Mediatek drivers; its ok whether rooted or not)
  • The phone you wish to flash CWM to (might be the same phone as that above if its not bricked but needs to be rooted for this purpose)
  • Make an MTK Droid tools backup first just in case something goes wrong

If you encounter any error in MTK Droid Tools then see a list of MTK Droid tools errors and their solution

Steps to automatically create and flash Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery to a Mediatek (MTK) phone

The steps below will explain how to use MTK Droid tools to port Clockworkmod (CWM) custom recovery

See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/4stHr2N7dVg

1. Enable USB debugging on a working phone (Settings > Developer > Tick USB Debugging. If no Developer under Settings then go to Settings > About > Keep tapping Build Number till Developer appears under Settings ) and connect it to the PC
  2. With the phone connected, install PdaNet (Select Other from the list ; you should see "Drivers Successfully Installed" at the end of installation) .
  3. Launch MTK Droid tools
  4. MTK Droid tools should display the phone's details by the left
  5.  If it doesn't detect the phone then boot the phone into factory mode (volume decrease + power button)
  6. The box at the bottom should be yellow
  7. Click Root at the bottom of MTK and select Yes if prompted on PC and Grant on phone
  8. A green bar should load and the yellow box should become green
  9. Click on the root,backup,recovery tab at the top
  10. Click Backup and wait for the backup process  to be complete
  11. When prompted to pack backup, select No.
  12. When backup is complete, tick 'To select boot.img' (if you don't have the boot.img file then tick 'To select Boot from phone' )
  13. Click Recovery and Boot
  14. If a Window pops up, select the boot file from the MTK backup you just made (MTK folder > Backups > Phone backup)
  15. Click Yes to every prompt you get
  16. When prompted to boot into recovery mode, click Yes
  17. The phone should now boot into clockworkmod recovery mode
  18. Ensure to make a CWM Backup of the phone

Important Notice
  • You can upgrade your Clockworkmod recovery 5 to Clockworkmod recovery 6 using carliv touch recovery porter
  • You can port TWRP recovery to your phone using easy magic TWRP porter
  • MTK Droid tools doesn't work on newer MTK devices so this guide will only work on old Mediatek chips / Android versions
  • If you need a custom recovery for your Mediatek device then try our Auto TWRP recovery porter or Auto Philz recovery porter
  • Its important you only flash a custom recovery ported for your device.
  • Its recommended you backup / dump your phone's firmware before flashing any partition just in case the flashing process goes South
This post was last modified: 30-05-2019, 11:28 AM by X3non.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
Experienced Member
06-08-2014, 09:54 AM
thank you somuch but am confused is the pdanet that is used for tethering and also is the phone backup that contains clockwordmode rec image? otherwise that was good
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-08-2014, 10:17 AM
(06-08-2014, 09:54 AM)mdavidlee thank you somuch but am confused is the pdanet that is used for tethering and also is the phone backup that contains clockwordmode rec image? otherwise that was good

PdaNet can be used for tethering, but here, it helps install MTK drivers on your PC. Don't understand your second question

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
Experienced Member
06-08-2014, 10:32 AM
(06-08-2014, 10:17 AM)hovatek
(06-08-2014, 09:54 AM)mdavidlee thank you somuch but am confused is the pdanet that is used for tethering and also is the phone backup that contains clockwordmode rec image? otherwise that was good

PdaNet can be used for tethering, but here, it helps install MTK drivers on your PC. Don't understand your second question

oh i see! thanks then second question was asking if cwm .img i will flash be present in the backup i would have done during backup process
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-08-2014, 11:10 AM

(06-08-2014, 10:32 AM)mdavidlee oh i see! thanks then second question was asking if cwm .img i will flash be present in the backup i would have done during backup process

since you're backing up before flashing Clockworkmod to the phone, the recovery.img you'll have will be stock recovery. if you backup again after flashing Clockworkmod recovery to the phone, the recovery.img you'll have will be a Clockworkmod recovery image

Note!
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
Experienced Member
06-08-2014, 11:14 AM
(06-08-2014, 11:10 AM)hovatek
(06-08-2014, 10:32 AM)mdavidlee oh i see! thanks then second question was asking if cwm .img i will flash be present in the backup i would have done during backup process

since you're backing up before flashing Clockworkmod to the phone, the recovery.img you'll have will be stock recovery. if you backup again after flashing Clockworkmod recovery to the phone, the recovery.img you'll have will be a Clockworkmod recovery image

ok thanks
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
Experienced Member
06-08-2014, 01:59 PM
(06-08-2014, 11:14 AM)mdavidlee
(06-08-2014, 11:10 AM)hovatek

ok thanks

if i backup again after flashing """am going to backup via recovery or via mtkdroid tool like before?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-08-2014, 02:10 PM
(06-08-2014, 01:59 PM)mdavidlee if i backup again after flashing """am going to backup via recovery or via mtkdroid tool like before?

Via recovery. have you successfully flashed Clockworkmod to the phone?

Note!
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
mdavidlee
Experienced Member
06-08-2014, 02:30 PM
(06-08-2014, 02:10 PM)hovatek
(06-08-2014, 01:59 PM)mdavidlee if i backup again after flashing """am going to backup via recovery or via mtkdroid tool like before?

Via recovery. have you successfully flashed Clockworkmod to the phone?

Huh bootloop had it worked before on tecno m5?
This post was last modified: 06-08-2014, 02:48 PM by mdavidlee.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-08-2014, 04:08 PM

(06-08-2014, 02:30 PM)mdavidlee Huh bootloop had it worked before on tecno m5?

don't understand your question. please rephrase

Note!
Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 58 Next