If you're unable to flash Clockworkmod 5 to your MTK Android phone (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Opsson, Innjoo, Lead1, TLC etc) for whatever reason then here's a guide on how to manually flash it.
# See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/4stHr2N7dVg
- You can upgrade your Clockworkmod recovery 5 to Clockworkmod recovery 6 using the guide @ //forum.hovatek.com/thread-182.html
- You can port TWRP recovery to your phone using the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-5162.html
* Note that the procedure is the same for MTK based Android phones.
- Download MTK Droid tools @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-15665.html
- Download PdaNet
- A PC
- USB cord
- A working phone (this is needed to install Mediatek drivers; its ok whether rooted or not)
- The phone you wish to flash CWM to (might be the same phone as that above if its not bricked but needs to be rooted for this purpose)
- Make an MTK backup first just in case something goes wrong ( See https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html )
- If you encounter any error in MTK Droid Tools then see a list of MTK Droid tools errors and their solutions @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-7655.html
Steps to automatically create and flash Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery to a Mediatek (MTK) phone
- Enable USB debugging on a working phone (Settings > Developer > Tick USB Debugging. If no Developer under Settings then go to Settings > About > Keep tapping Build Number till Developer appears under Settings ) and connect it to the PC
- With the phone connected, install PdaNet (Select Other from the list ; you should see "Drivers Successfully Installed" at the end of installation) .
- Launch MTK Droid tools
- MTK Droid tools should display the phone's details by the left
- If it doesn't detect the phone then boot the phone into factory mode (volume decrease + power button)
- The box at the bottom should be yellow
- Click Root at the bottom of MTK and select Yes if prompted on PC and Grant on phone
- A green bar should load and the yellow box should become green
- Click on the root,backup,recovery tab at the top
- Click Backup and wait for the backup process to be complete
- When prompted to pack backup, select No.
- When backup is complete, tick 'To select boot.img' (if you don't have the boot.img file then tick 'To select Boot from phone' )
- Click Recovery and Boot
- If a Window pops up, select the boot file from the MTK backup you just made (MTK folder > Backups > Phone backup)
- Click Yes to every prompt you get
- When promoted to boot into recovery mode, click Yes
- The phone should now boot into clockworkmod recovery mode
- Ensure to make a CWM Backup of the phone (See https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-472.html )