Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware

Pages (12): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next
lilauch042
lilauch042
lilauch042
Banned
17-04-2015, 10:50 AM

guy do u nid tips on how to upload it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-04-2015, 02:14 PM
(17-04-2015, 10:50 AM)lilauch042 guy do u nid tips on how to upload it

he has sent it. will locate your open thread and grant

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
WhiteDragon
WhiteDragon
WhiteDragon
Techie Member
02-06-2015, 01:26 PM
(07-08-2014, 12:31 PM)hovatek Note: This procedure is the same for all MTK based Android phones (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, TLC, Opsson, Innjoo, Lead1 etc )

# See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/AJLgSD9zHb8

Tools needed

* A working MTK phone
* Download PdaNet
* Download MTK Droid tools
* PC
* USB Cord

Procedure

* Enable USB debugging on the good MTK phone (Settings > Developer > Tick USB Debugging) then connect it to PC. If you don't find Developer under Settings then go to Settings > About > Keep taping Build Number
* Install PdaNet on the PC with the USB debugging enabled working MTK phone still connected (Select Other from the list of devices during installation)
* At the end of PdaNet installation, you should get a "drivers successfully installed" message
* Exit PdaNet in system tray (bottom right corner of PC)
* Launch MTK droid tools as Administrator (right-click > run as Administrator) still with the working MTK phone connected to PC
* MTK droid tools should detect and display the phones details by the left along with a yellow box at the bottom
* Click ROOT at the bottom of MTK and select Yes/OK if prompted on PC and Grant if prompted on phone
* If you get an error saying "Error: file adbd not install" then read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1219.html to fix it
* A progress bar should load at the bottom shortly after which the yellow box should become green
* Click on the root,backup,recovery tab at the top
* Click Backup (MTK should keep writing some things by the right hand side during backup) and wait till backup is complete
* If you get a prompt to pack backup, select No.
* Once backup is complete, don't close MTK droid tools
* Go to the MTK droid tools folder > Backups > Folder named after the phone's model e.g Tecno_m3_backup.... and take note of this folder as the 'Backup folder' because we'll be referring to it soon
* Go back to MTK droid tools and click 'To prepare blocks for Flash Tool'
* A window will open, in this window, navigate to the Backup folder (mentioned above) and select the md5 file
* MTK will start copying some items (check the right hand side) so wait till copying is complete
* If you get an error like "Preparation of files for FlashTool is impossible, file isn't found" then remove all scatter files in the backup folder except one and rename this last one to MT65??_Android_scatter ( where "??" represents the number for your phone model e.g MT6572_Android_scatter)
* Once copying is complete, open the Backup folder and you should see a folder named "!Files to flash"
* The !files to flash folder is a selection of files needed to use Sp Flash tool, keep it well
* Both the !files to flash folder and the x_backup folder (which contains the !files to flash folder) are your phone's MTK backup
* If you need an MTK Droid tools backup of usrdata and cache then use MTK Droid Tools version 2.3.0 or copy them from the Clockworkmod backup ( see http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-472.html )

Sir... Am unable to go beyond this pop up (Preparation of files for FlashTool is impossible, file isn't found) and i checked the backup folder for scatter file as it was instructed, but i couldnt find any... Please what is the scatter file look like? and how can i get the scatter file for TECNO G9 or how to edit it?........ 
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
(02-06-2015, 01:26 PM)WhiteDragon Preparation of files for FlashTool is impossible, file isn't found) and i checked the backup folder for scatter file as it was instructed, but i couldnt find any... Please what is the scatter file look like? and how can i get the scatter file for TECNO G9 or how to edit it?.......

create a new thread by clicking https://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=76 to avoid a mixup
in the new thread, list all the files inside the backup folder (MTK droid tools > backups) to make things faster
This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 08:46 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mboy13
mboy13
mboy13
10-06-2015, 08:40 AM

i try backing up my infinix hot note, bt droid tool is nt displaying my fone imformation after following all procedure.
mboy13
mboy13
mboy13
10-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Wen i inplug d fone nd plug back d pdnet wil prompt nd say htc code erro i tink

D erro is HTC sync erro= -1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-06-2015, 11:17 AM
(10-06-2015, 09:40 AM)mboy13 Wen i inplug d fone nd plug back d pdnet wil prompt nd say htc code erro i tink

D erro is HTC sync erro= -1

create a new thread so we  can focus on it

Note!
mboy13
mboy13
mboy13
10-06-2015, 03:49 PM
i hav created oo bt havnt gotten any respond since.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-06-2015, 05:29 PM
(10-06-2015, 03:49 PM)mboy13 i hav created oo bt havnt gotten any respond since.

thats unlikely. whats the link to the thread you created?

Note!
webskillz
webskillz
webskillz
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2015, 11:29 AM

ADMIN PLEASE CHECK THE BELOW IMAGE ..........
Attached Files
.png
rootshell.PNG
Size: 27.59 KB / Downloads: 6
Pages (12): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next