Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HELP! Bricked Lenovo P780

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 07:42 PM by dan. )

(07-10-2015, 01:10 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 06:22 PM)dan Wrote: in order to remove the battery i will have to open the phone with screwdriver (thats the only option to remove battery)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or4BRdmCj8o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOSlLu1JU-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etN4LJVAsDk

the external sd card is right next to the sim slot, I just removed it, but to remove the battery ill have to open the housing, is there any option to try clear emmc and factory reset without removing the battery?

ignore taking out the battery.
try flashing only EBR 1 using Sp flash tool.
waiting.....

great news!! I was able to flash EBR1 on my cousin device and got "download ok" ! what's next? (my phone is still bricked, but I first want to bring my cousin phone back to life before I proceed with mines)

Attached Files
.jpg   1.jpg (Size: 430.73 KB / Downloads: 2)
(07-10-2015, 06:04 PM)dan Wrote: great news!! I was able to flash EBR1 on my cousin device and got "download ok" ! what's next? (my phone is still bricked, but I first want to bring my cousin phone back to life before I proceed with mines)

flash all other files except preloader.
let me know how that goes
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(07-11-2015, 08:05 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 06:04 PM)dan Wrote: great news!! I was able to flash EBR1 on my cousin device and got "download ok" ! what's next? (my phone is still bricked, but I first want to bring my cousin phone back to life before I proceed with mines)

flash all other files except preloader.
let me know how that goes

oh dear lord it worked!!!!!!!! my cousin device is finally working (i saw that holy yellow bar for the first time in my life and everything worked out haha)
so now im free to continue working on unbricking My phone :p

the last thing i tried was comparing the emmc test of my cousins phone with mine,  his test went just fine, no errors, and in my test it said "failed!!" at the very beginning

how do i go from here?

Attached Files
.jpg   Untitled.jpg (Size: 221.9 KB / Downloads: 6)
(07-11-2015, 01:40 PM)dan Wrote: oh dear lord it worked!!!!!!!! my cousin device is finally working (i saw that holy yellow bar for the first time in my life and everything worked out haha)

the last thing i tried was comparing the emmc test of my cousins phone with mine,  his test went just fine, no errors, and in my test it said "failed!!" at the very beginning

how do i go from here?
I've personally been in 100s of such a situation. even had the same issue after I dropped the eMMC test results from the phone with me in one of my replied on this thread. flashing the files fixes it, no panicking.
so we know for sure that your eMMC is faulty, which takes us back to our on-going research
(07-11-2015, 03:16 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 01:40 PM)dan Wrote: oh dear lord it worked!!!!!!!! my cousin device is finally working (i saw that holy yellow bar for the first time in my life and everything worked out haha)

how do i go from here?
I've personally been in 100s of such a situation. even had the same issue after I dropped the eMMC test results from the phone with me in one of my replied on this thread. flashing the files fixes it, no panicking.
so we know for sure that your eMMC is faulty, which takes us back to our on-going research

well I guess I'll have to get a replacement phone for the timebeing? Tongue there's no way to possibly fix partitions on a eMMC as of today right? there is maybe some alternative ways I can try flashing the files by deleting/modifying/adding to the scatter file or any other method I could try? 
the last resort would be taking the phone to a lab so they can replace my emmc, that would be costly then I prefer try all possible methods before I do that hehe
(07-11-2015, 04:14 PM)dan Wrote: well I guess I'll have to get a replacement phone for the timebeing? Tongue there's no way to possibly fix partitions on a eMMC as of today right? there is maybe some alternative ways I can try flashing the files by deleting/modifying/adding to the scatter file or any other method I could try? 
the last resort would be taking the phone to a lab so they can replace my emmc, that would be costly then I prefer try all possible methods before I do that hehe

we're on it and will drop an update @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-439.html
(07-11-2015, 08:12 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 04:14 PM)dan Wrote: well I guess I'll have to get a replacement phone for the timebeing? Tongue there's no way to possibly fix partitions on a eMMC as of today right? there is maybe some alternative ways I can try flashing the files by deleting/modifying/adding to the scatter file or any other method I could try? 

we're on it and will drop an update @  https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-439.html

I have breaking discovery

I just realized the 5069 no space error means exactly what it says: there is no space on the emmc!

I clearly remember before my phone died, I ran a disk tool which said 98% full memory (that is when the system apps started to fail one after another, which forced me to reboot, and that is when I entered the boot loop)

now, I remember when I did the factory reset and cleared emmc (from both factory mode and recovery mode), it showed the animated android bot under surgery, and then the phone rebooted itself after exactly 120seconds, back to the boot loop (without going back to recovery screen) it was already then that I assumed that factory reset operatio failed / did not complete (i tried this procedure for maybe 10 times and the exact same results)

now, the breaking discovery, is that when I did the factory reset on my cousin's device, it behaved exactly the same way my phone did (rebooted after exactly 120 sec back to the frozen logo without going back to recovery screen)
but, after I flashed the rom back and everything worked out, I just noticed, surprisingly, ALL THE DATA WAS TEHRE! (and i didn't flash the "usrdata" file, only the raw system files)

from the above, I conclude that the factory reset operation, on both devices, did not do its thing (didnt wipe any data)
that is the reason why, my phone is still 98% full on memory and the reason why i kept getting the no space error! 

so the obvious conclusion is that my emmc is still full! perhaps it is also faulty or has partition issues but since I now know for sure the factory reset failed, it might be both full and faulty

is there any way I can clear the emmc on my phone? (the bricked one) maybe using pc commands or something?
(07-12-2015, 02:20 PM)dan Wrote: is there any way I can clear the emmc on my phone? (the bricked one) maybe using pc commands or something?

wouldn't advice you use your cousin's phone as a guinea pig unless you're prepared to have it end up like yours.
looking at the factory reset theory, formatting the phone in sp flash tool should clear userdata and 'clear emmc' according to the theory
but here's the catch. userdata is a partition on eMMC. so even if userdata is full, you should still be able to flash files to separate partitions like boot, recovery, system.
so eMMC is either so full or so crashed that nothing can be written to any partition.

Hello Dan,

I have the same problem with you with my Lenovo P780, China version.

Please help.