Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to port TWRP for Mediatek using Easy Magic Installer
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to port TWRP for Mediatek using Easy Magic Installer

[Tutorial] How to port TWRP for Mediatek using Easy Magic Installer

Pages (12): Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-09-2016, 09:59 PM

(21-09-2016, 12:42 AM)Heemzy This twrp didn't work for me....just restarting my phone.... Using tecno y3... Pls I need cwm of it instead or a working twrp....please help me...please

port cwm using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html
Xer0
Xer0
Xer0
Enthusiastic Member
03-10-2016, 01:50 PM
(25-08-2016, 03:56 PM)Fingers7606 Any way to port twrp to mt6580 Android 5.1? Tutorial would be nice.

this.
26-10-2016, 04:34 PM
This doesn't work on MT6580
zeko ronaldo
zeko ronaldo
zeko ronaldo
07-11-2016, 03:51 PM
What about marshmallow version of this application or it for jellybean and kitkat only
Isengardium
Isengardium
Isengardium
18-02-2017, 03:49 PM

So I have this 4.4.2 Allview V1 Viper L aka Gionee Pioneer P6, with root (rooted using KingRoot) and I'm trying to install TWRP/CWM recovery (from what I read here I can install whichever I want) on it to flash a custom ROM. I have another identical device with CWM recovery and the custom ROM fully functional, but I got help from someone with the CWM recovery. I decided to try TWRP on the other device, but I have a problem. I have USB debugging activated from developer tools, but when I connect it to my PC, it doesn't install it properly and when I open Device manager, I can only see a diference when I connect it to my PC in Disk drives, where is ALLVIEW V1_Viper_L USB DEVICE and another copy of it, and in Portable devices 2 things appear upon connection: G:/ and H:/. And that's it. No Android ADB Interface as it should have. I have the lastes version of Android SDK on my PC, with SDK tools installed. When I run the tool from the link above, Easy Magic TWRP installer, I get stuck at Please plug in your device... where I get right after: ADB shell not working. I installed Universal ADB driver, I restarted the device, I restarted the PC, unistalled and reinstalled the devices created in Device manager afer I connected the android to PC, I tried to update those drivers, I checked and un-checked USB debugging but nothing. I don't know what is wrong. I would gladly appreciate your help.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-02-2017, 04:46 PM
(18-02-2017, 03:49 PM)Isengardium So I have this 4.4.2 Allview V1 Viper L aka Gionee Pioneer P6, with root (rooted using KingRoot) and I'm trying to install TWRP/CWM recovery (from what I read here I can install whichever I want) on it to flash a custom ROM. I have another identical device with CWM recovery and the custom ROM fully functional, but I got help from someone with the CWM recovery. I decided to try TWRP on the other device, but I have a problem. I have USB debugging activated from developer tools, but when I connect it to my PC, it doesn't install it properly and when I open Device manager, I can only see a diference when I connect it to my PC in Disk drives, where is ALLVIEW V1_Viper_L USB DEVICE and another copy of it, and in Portable devices 2 things appear upon connection: G:/ and H:/. And that's it. No Android ADB Interface as it should have. I have the lastes version of Android SDK on my PC, with SDK tools installed. When I run the tool from the link above, Easy Magic TWRP installer, I get stuck at Please plug in your device... where I get right after: ADB shell not working. I installed Universal ADB driver, I restarted the device, I restarted the PC, unistalled and reinstalled the devices created in Device manager afer I connected the android to PC, I tried to update those drivers, I checked and un-checked USB debugging but nothing. I don't know what is wrong. I would gladly appreciate your help.

See the ADB installation guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-5162-page-10.html
See the part on installing drivers using pdanet

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
zamkallytel
zamkallytel
zamkallytel
22-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Just a button

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Tapatalk
moh123it
moh123it
moh123it
17-09-2017, 05:18 AM
(06-07-2015, 03:09 AM)Kidochukwu Thanks Hova...  

Pls..  TWRP n CWM...  Which would you advise to be used??

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Hovatek mobile

i would personally suggest to use TWRP instead of CWM , as it is more advanced than cwm in all respects and more handy than cwm which requires to be operated just by pressing side buttons only , 
while in case of TWRP we will get a touch screen freindly recovery where whole tasks can be opearated by seklecting and touching them on screen , means no need tto press any key after you are in recovery
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
26-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Is there any tool that works for android marshmallows and Nougat?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-12-2017, 02:48 PM

(26-12-2017, 09:18 PM)paeffiong Is there any tool that works for android marshmallows and Nougat?

no such tool, TWRP tends not to support touch on some devices
you can port philz @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html
Pages (12): Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next