This guide will explain how to port and flash TWRP custom recovery to your MTK (e.g Tecno, Infinix, Gionee, Innjoo etc) Android phone using Easy Magic TWRP Installer.
- Download Easy Magic TWRP Installer (for JellyBean | for Kitkat)
- USB cord
- MTK Android phone with USB debugging enabled (Settings > Developer)
- Root access
STeps to port TWRP using Easy Magic Installer
- Launch TWRP setup.exe on the PC and click Next
- You should get a prompt confirming that the installation was successful, click OK
- Wait till the credits note prompt is done then close it
- For "Do you want to start Easy Magic TWRP installer for MTK now", select Yes
- For "What do you want to do", tick "Start Easy Magic TWRP installer for Mediatek now" then click OK
- Click Yes for Auto-Port
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord then click OK
- Wait for a few seconds
- Ensure the phone is connected to the PC via USB cord then click OK
- For "Do you have a flipped recovery screen", you may select No if you dont or dont know what this means
- The program will display the phone's boot image (secure / insecure), SoC, Screen resolution and Partition information . Just sit back and wait
- You should get a prompt saying "Rebooting to recovery...."
- If porting and flashing were successful, you should get a prompt saying Congrats!
- The phone should now boot into TWRP recovery